Solo Victory in 10 Days: Is It Possible?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SamPGS_17 wrote:

I think maybe you’re right, but also I think the point of this thread is to do it with maps when nations have equal strength. Good shout though!

Cecil Rhodes. wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Blitzkrieg, yes?
      Yes, thats it

Exactly this. Of course BLITZKRIEG would be faster than other maps lol.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Cecil Rhodes. wrote:

I suppose that the Smaller Europe only version of HWW (I forgot its name) is the preferred map for this. Germany or france are especially good, as it'll take time for the US to reach you on the mainland. Of course, in the long run, the US has a 70% chance of beating germany, but if you blitz West and south europe, you almost are guaranteed to win as before day 5 the US cant land. If i recall, the vp req is around 350, and with a easy 100 vp from denmark and Netherlands, youre almost there. Again, this is if players are relatively equal and there is an unfair advantage at the start in hww maps, but for a shortest win, this'd be it.
      PS my best in this mode was 14 days solo and 17 days solo in clash of nations.
      Unfortunately, the gamemode is unfair in the sense that some countries have an advantage over others. For valid speedrun attempts, no Historical map could be used (those maps can be won in 5 days win correct gameplay and good luck)

Carking the 6th wrote:

Exactly this. Of course BLITZKRIEG would be faster than other maps lol.
      I never thought about this. It certainly makes sense now lol
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Update time: (Sorry I'm not that consistent)

I can't risk posting my army size and economy since these players are unusually active for newbies. I do, however, need advice for where to go next. I'm mopping up Norway and the Baltics, but no clue where to go from there without being attacked by another nation.

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

o7
    • My advice? Make some allies. Ukraine would be a good option to gang-bang the Russian empire and Caucasus with. In fact conquering most of the map with some allies, and then betraying them last minute would not be a bad option to win in ten days. Of course you may now want to do that, and in that case you can just invade the Balkan union coalition with Ukraine and then kill them right after. Especially seeing that Western Europe is rather weak, it may be beneficial to take out the stronger countries in the east first, then storm your way west.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Hmm, I will contact Ukraine and see. @SamPGS_17, how's your Ukraine game going? Could you send like a screenshot of your expansion and VP?

o7
    • Huge news: Russia just shared map with me (without me needing to do anything and is inviting me to their coalition. Should I take the opportunity and attack them? All their troops are about to invade Ukraine. They've got around 55 troops, very diverse set of troops: 1 militia, 1 AT, couple artillery, starting inf (+4 extra), a couple L2 LTs, a MT, a TD and 10 mot inf, plus a couple planes (a few ints, 1 tac, 1 strat, 1 att, and 1 nav. Signs of a newbie, but it is a long way to the cores of the Empire. Thoughts?

o7
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Let them start the war with Ukraine (Uh-oh) then attack. Their units will weaken Ukraine and make taking both down more easy.
      My idea exactly: glad to see brilliant minds work alike.

SamPGS_17 wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Hmm, I will contact Ukraine and see. @SamPGS_17, how's your Ukraine game going? Could you send like a screenshot of your expansion and VP?
      Will do - after my hockey match i have in 30 mins ill post a full report
      Nw nw

o7
    • SamPGS_17 wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Russia is goldinggggggggggggggg
      Oh nooo that sucks
      Hopefully, I'll be fine. I still have a trick up my sleeve that might allow me to win.

o7
    • Russia situation is currently fine, his main stacks are busy conquering Ukraine (I got the chance to see his armies and they have not turned back, surprisingly). I get the feeling he underestimates the threat I pose to his cores, and is relying on newly created units to defend them (a l2 LT is currently cruising its way into my lands from a core city). I just hope I can get some troops into position before he brings them back: 50+ troops compared to my 25ish troops in his land will suck tremendously. Thankfully, he moved his capital to Moscow and it is about to fall. If my blitz succeeds, I should control all the cities with buildings except an airbase city (Kubyshev) and another city (Kazan, don't remember what buildings it had)

o7
    • Sweden update: Shared map with Poland and Romania is also helping in the conquest of Russia. They're pretty much dead anyways, I killed most of their troops in a doomstack battle in Moscow. No idea where to go from here, since I'm pretty sure Poland is allied with Romania, and so is Yugo, and Italy, Romania and the US are in a coalition...

The last image is Poland's full army size: I could try either Order 66ing or betraying them, but they would also be a nice buffer against Romania and Friends, Inc. Thoughts?

Also: I had to unfortunately archive both other Sweden games, since a lack of focus plus school inadvertently let my enemies counterattack and get me in a gridlock. Either way, wasn't like I was going to beat those games in 10 days, but hopefully this game I at least win (fingers crossed)

Edit: I spied on Yogu and found out they have ROW with Italy and Romania, maybe exploitable to my advantage. Same for Poland, also ROW.

o7

The post was edited 1 time, last by _Pyth0n_ ().