10-day Solo Speedrun | Ukraine in Clash of Nations

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It’s not like those armies will have any other use. He might as well storm it after and grab those cities, while the other half of his army goes ahead and takes over Finland and the east. You might not gain enough in the even harder terrain in the north, and Turkey would take crossing a sea. S(pain) may be somewhat hard, but it’s a good option to secure points just in case. Either that or you naval invade Sweden after taking Germany or something lol.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Probably beat you take out the coalition ASAP. The thing about them is that they have large countries, and that if you take say the core part of Germany, the rest will probably be empty and easy to take. It’s also best to take them out before their greater resource production catches up to you. You should be able to quickly wipe Germany and Italy out in one fell swoop, and then take Iberia after.
      I agree, I was planning to take Germany as soon as I’d taken Russia, probably as soon after day 7 as possible. Germany’s core is very close to me, and I believe the main bulk of his army is far away close to Spain.

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

My advice: don't bother tryna conquer Turkey. In the map it seems they are inactive (are they?) and even if they aren't, the mountains and Black Sea are big hinderances to conquering fast. I would've suggested you skip invading Russia with your main force, blitz Germany and Italy with your main forces, told Finland to attack Russia, backstabbed them with a secondary force you either split from the main force (if you can spare them) or make new ones. Adding up all the VPs that is 230 VP, meaning you'd only need 80 VP, which you can prolly salvage from Finland in time (the math was done mentally, so it might be inaccurate lol).
      Perhaps you’re right - I may not bother with Turkey. To be honest, at the moment it’s too late to skip Russia - I’m already halfway through the whole thing! Anyway, it’s a lot of plains and hills, so not too slow. Plus, I don’t actually have a huge force… I have 40 ish units, and I want to lose as little health as possible for each of the armies. The final nail in the coffin for that plan is Finland… I was definitely considering telling him to go after Russia - then I realised he’s been offline for about 24 hours, bombarding the same province with a single artillery. So, he’s unreliable. Otherwise, yeah, I’d pull a NATO and support him in a war with Germany.

As I may have said earlier, I don’t expect to achieve the 10 days in this run. It’s a good learning experience, though!
      Have a blessed day <3
    • Small update: I am researching medium tanks. In looking at the newspaper, Germany has a few medium tanks, but his army is mostly made up of infantry, light tanks, and motorised infantry - like me. I could research attack bombers, but I think that would just burn through my goods, which I’ve always had a deficiency of. In contrast, I’ve got enough metal, oil, and rares to last me a lifetime. Plus, I have 36 hours until day 8, when I can research +1 level of infantry (lvl5), motorised infantry (lvl4), light tanks (lvl3), and interceptors (lvl4). So I’ve got excess tank materials, yet nothing to spend them on… so I did that. It’ll take me about 36 hours to research up to level 2, then I can research level 3 on day 8 as well. Hopefully my superior economy can handle this - I’m also building a level 3 tank plant in Lvov, as it’s slightly closer to Germany.

I know they’re slow, but they’re strong! I didn’t think I’d ever do medium tanks in this run, for the speed, but it turns out I am. I hope they’ll be worth it…
      Have a blessed day <3
    • Welcome to the dark side, my Disciple. Your choice to embrace it and harness the power of the medium tank is a wise one. With time, you'll master this formidable weapon and become a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. Embrace this new path, and together, we shall shape the fate of countless games! Hmhmhmhm, hahahahahah, MUAHAHAHAHA!!! :mrburns:

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Welcome to the dark side, my Disciple. Your choice to embrace it and harness the power of the medium tank is a wise one. With time, you'll master this formidable weapon and become a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. Embrace this new path, and together, we shall shape the fate of countless games! Hmhmhmhm, hahahahahah, MUAHAHAHAHA!!! :mrburns:
      Ahaha maybe they're not COMPLETELY useless after all ;)
      Have a blessed day <3
    • Okay, so time for the report on day 7. Enjoy!

——————————————————————————————————————

Starting off, here is the leaderboard for day 7 day change. I was pretty happy with how it turned out - a Swedish city revolted to me too, which is always nice. The ‘Support Treaty’ coalition is just the UK, by the way.

Germany has 4% research, and everyone else, including me, has 2%. I’m not really worried about that - it means Germany doesn’t know what he wants, and he’s spreading his resources out researching multiple things, which will also waste his resources during the actual research process.

The invasion of the Russian Empire went well - I’m now just cleaning everything up, there’s 3 or 4 rural provinces left in the north which I’m using 3 ACs to run around and clear up. Here is an overview of the whole map, in 3 screenshots:

By the way, in case anyone was wondering what’s going on in the Americas? They’ve done nothing. All game. The Southern US is the only one online, but it looks like they’ve done nothing except perhaps build some industry? Pretty boring. Anyway…

As you can see, I’m doing well in the east, but I still need just under double my current VPs to win. For that, I have prepared 3 armies, which will soon all be stationed near the border of Germany.

Here is one of them - I just need one more motorised infantry to join the party before it’s ready. This stack will be my main attacking force, punching through Poznan and Kustrin to go straight to Berlin, and possibly then Hamburg, Duisburg, and Cologne, depending on how many units Germany has in his core provinces. He has told me that he and Italy are planning to attack Libya - hopefully this means not many armies are left in his core!

As for the other forces, they will be made up of a mixture of ACs, LTs, and motorised infantry, similarly to my main attacking force. These two attacking forces will be stationed in Zalau, formerly north Romania, and in Tuzla, formerly central Yugoslavia. The force in Tuzla will try to take Italy’s northern core cities - however, I anticipate they will be slow due to the mountainous terrain. All my other attacking forces will be going through Germany. I will also have a defensive force set up in Debrecen (bordering Zalau) made up of nine level 4 infantry, and one AC.

As I have an abundance of resources, I have spent the last 7-8 hours building infrastructure to help my troops get across my empire as quickly as possibly. For now, they are primarily to assist armies in northern Russia get back to Germany quickly - but in future, I will use these roads to help armies travel quickly from France to Finland.

So far, I haven’t told Finland of my plan - he’s busy fighting Sweden (AI). My prediction is that they will wear each other down, and after I’ve taken Germany and Italy my units (which will almost certainly be depleted in health) will have an easier time of it in Finland and Sweden.

Talking of my economy, I am doing rather well. I even have enough goods to spam infrastructure! As well as this, my manpower production is just over 1,000 per hour, which won’t be perfect (it can never be perfect) but it’ll be just enough to suit my purposes - spamming medium tanks! My medium tanks are my insurance policy - if I’m extremely unlucky and don’t manage to take all of Germany and Italy with my main attacking force, I’ll have been spam producing medium tanks (level 2 after 13 hours from now) in 3 cities! You’re welcome Carking…

Everything else in my economy is fine, I’ve got between 600 and 900 per hour production.

As for research, I’ve got the same levels of everything as yesterday, except that I’ve also research MT level 1, and have 13hrs30mins of time left until I’ve research MT level 2. I considered slightly delaying my invasion of Germany so I could upgrade my infantry/MI and LTs/ACs - but I concluded it would waste too much time to research AND upgrade them.

Okay, what else… my provinces are going down in morale! Only my capital is keeping steady. I’m not too worried about it - I have a strong enough economy that I’ll remain resilient. Just look at the expansion penalty though ;(

Oh, also - I’m FINALLY being trade embargoed! I was expecting to have to do battle with feisty annoyed AI much earlier on than this - I guess giving RoW to all human players not bordering me as well as share map to all AI was helpful after all! I’m being embargoed by Libya, Denmark, Michigan, and Tunisia. A potent combo… okay I can’t kid myself - they’re harmless. Oh well! No excitement for me today.

Okay, so I guess that’s it - I’ll just screenshot all my armies (58 units). Here we are:

I’m actually super excited for my war with Germany - I hope I won’t be disappointed!

Aaand that’s all for today. Hey, I really hope you enjoyed this! If I inspired just one person to make their own playthrough, I’ll be happy. Well - two people - someone already has! Looking at you @Cecil Rhodes.! That honestly made my day.

And - as always…. I HUGELY appreciate everyone’s input. :)
      Have a blessed day <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by SamPGS_17 ().

• Alright then, time for day 8 and the invasion of the German coalition! Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, to start things off you can have a look at what I saw at the start of day 8 - the military reports! I was hyped for this, and pretty happy with the result, considering that I have more VPs than the entirety of Turkey, Germany, and Italy combined.

Looking at these, I figured that I could take on Germany and Italy both at once, and even Finland as well, so long as I played my cards right and didn't lose too much manpower. Then, of course I had a look at VPs...
      I had gained only 10 VPs since the last time! And, this was only because ANOTHER random Swedish province revolted to me...

However, this was because I had pretty much spent the last 24 hours building infrastructure, researching and producing medium tanks, and getting my units back from the Russian Empire. I still had time...

So, I commenced the invasion of Germany. All went well - I captured Berlin within 3-4 hours of the invasion, resulting in a devastating loss of morale for every province under German rule. Here is the full map around 10 hours into day 8:

Oh - I forgot to mention! I managed to wangle shared map out of Finland. He was begging me for resources, so like a good ally I offered him 18,000 rare materials in return for share map. Thankfully, he accepted - he has pretty average units. He clearly has no idea what he's doing, which is good for me! I also managed to persuade him to help me invade Germany - so he sent some random infantry units on a sea journey to capture... two rural German provinces. Well, one of them is a core, so I suppose I can't complain...

A couple of hours after I invaded Germany, I got a message from the UK - he wanted me to stop attacking his 'ally'! Of all the ridiculous demands! So of course I demanded that he reveal the position of Germany's armies to me, in return for not being invaded later. He refused, on the grounds that he didn't have share map with Germany... No matter, I said! I told him if he helps me invade Germany, I'll let him come 2nd. He seemed to consider this - whilst he was considering, I offered him a RoW-SM trade. He took it, so for about 5 minutes before he realised what he'd done, I could see all his units. I wasn't worried - he had 3 naval bombers, one interceptor, and about 30 level 1 infantry. He also had a few battleships, which for some reason he was just forced marching absolutely everywhere.

Eventually, the UK declared war on me, and published this article:

I'm not convinced that I'll meet a single one of his infantry before day 9. Well, best of luck to him. He stuck to his principles, and will die nobly. I'll try to avoid invading the British Isles, though - so much unnecessary time spent for 6 VPs. We'll have to see...

So, whilst my invasion of Germany and Italy was well underway, Greece had the cheek to declare war! Of course, I couldn't have this - I sent a small force of two ACs (level 3) and two MTs (level 2) to take the entirety of Greece. I'm slightly hoping that'll be enough - I'm not committing any more forces there. Also, in the same area, Italy managed to sneak 4 (level 1) infantry over the Adriatic Sea into Dubrovnik! I promptly diverted the 2 ACs to that area - they will still try to take some of Greece. Best of luck to you lil guys... There's a reason why my k/d dropped so much earlier ;( I just don't care enough about the little units! They never get any of the credit, and always are sacrificed! I hope they survive...
      Greece:

Now for a short summary of the invasion of Northern Italy. I decided it wouldn't be worth it to go further south to take Rome and Naples - yes, I know it's his capital, but to be honest it doesn't make that much of a difference. Also, I don't want to run into too many of his armies - I managed to sneak a glimpse of a couple of level 1 heavy tanks. I can take on one or even two of those with my force in Italy - but they would slow me down immensely, and just grind down my HP. Hoping I won't meet any of them in my (hopefully short) visit to the Alps!
      Core Germany:
      As you can see, I'm doing well here. That heavy-class stack of 5 is just a couple of level 1 MTs with some low-level inf and AA - I'm sending 5 level 2 MTs stacked with one level 3 motorised infantry to deal with it.

Here are all my armies - I managed to produce quite a few units, and also upgrade almost all of them before I invaded Germany!

The interceptors have actually been quite useful - I'm using them for scouting out provinces, and I also used them to take out a small stack of infantry and anti tank which might've been an annoyance for my MTs. However, I think in future playthroughs I will invest into attack bombers as soon as possible - noobs LOVE tanks! I'll keep producing ints as well, as usual - so I'll probably have even more of a deficiency of goods than in this game.

Casualty rates for myself vs Germany: (I would post for Italy, but I've just conquered provinces so far, not faced his armies - tryna avoid his HTs!)

Oh, and of course, my economy! Same old same old, but MP is doing very well. Still not enough - never enough - but very well even so. Spamming those recruiting stations for the last day paid off ;)

Aaaand that's my attachments limit! I really hope you enjoyed reading this - please post your own playthrough of the 10-day Speedrun challenge! And as always, please comment with what you think, and with any suggestions - I love seeing people's opinions of this :)

maybe give this post a like if you enjoyed :whistling:
      Have a blessed day <3