10-day Solo Speedrun | Ukraine in Clash of Nations

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 10-day Solo Speedrun | Ukraine in Clash of Nations

I am starting my first 10-day speedrun attempt, an idea inspired by @_Pyth0n_ in this thread: Solo Victory in 10 Days: Is It Possible?

The idea conceived by @_Pyth0n_ could be for any map - I have chosen Clash of Nations for a few reasons. Firstly, it has the fewest Victory Points requirements. Secondly, it’s full of new players, making it much easier to win with! Also, I hope that this thread and Python’s idea will inspire more people to attempt similar speedruns - and posting my results and reports on the 22 player map would be easiest for everyone to streamline the best strategy for that map, as it is probably the simplest and easiest permanent map.

Okay, so I chose Ukraine. Python thought Sweden might be a good choice due to its relatively abundant resources - we have yet to see how it compares to Ukraine. Personally, I chose Ukraine because of its proximity to so many Comintern nations. It has the Axis doctrine, so deals 25% more damage than Comintern. This is a huge advantage in the early game especially - I can choose to easily blitzkrieg two of Caucasus, Romania, Communist Russia, or Poland. Also, Ukraine is relatively central, giving it massive potential for a speedy expansion in every direction. However, this could also be a disadvantage - if three players surrounding me team up, I’ll have a hard time fighting them off whilst maintaining my momentum for the speedrun.

Note: I won’t be using any boosters or gold during this game. Perhaps I’ll regret it, but I want it to be fair if others try this!

———————————————————————————————————————

Okay, so onto the actual game I joined. In this original post I won’t make any screenshots, mostly because I’m on my phone and it’s just worse! I will report on everything though, and in future I hope to make reports using my laptop.

The game I joined seemed to have an average number of newbies in it, and pretty much zero players with my experience. The complete newbie accounts are: Algeria; Canada; Caucasus; Communist Russia; France; Germany; Finland; Romania; Libya; Morocco; Northern USA, Poland, Spain; Sweden; Yugoslavia. The highest account level is the Southern USA, level 89. He also has the only player k/d of over 1 - it’s 1.21. This is useful for me, as he is far away and so I can focus on all the newbie accounts to give me a boost earlygame. All in all, a good starting map for a speedrun for me!

To try to keep my popularity up in the early stages of the game, I have shared map to every AI country except Crimea and the Cossack Republic, and right of way to every human country except Poland, the Russian Empire, Communist Russia, Turkey, Romania, and Caucasus.

I start with the same units as everyone else - 18 infantry; 2 armoured cars; 3 anti-air; 1 interceptor. These are all level 1. My interceptor is very near to Caucasus, so I used it to scout out cities near me - Rostov has 1 anti-air and 1 infantry; Krasnodar has 1 armoured car and 1 infantry. All the rural provinces I scouted (Anapa; Yeysk; Belaya Glina; Salsk) have 1 infantry, and Yeysk also has an interceptor and airstrip.

I decided to invade Caucasus and Romania first. I could’ve gone for Crimea, but I decided it wasn’t worth the effort just for one city and a slight morale boost from the capital, especially when I’m trying to Blitzkrieg as fast as possible for as many resources as possible.
      The Caucasian city Rostov produces rare materials, and is the closest piece of Caucasian land to Ukraine. Being the only land route to Caucasus, it provides a bottleneck - this means Caucasus can’t sneak attack me from any other side except the sea.
      The Romanian city of Iasi is separated from Ukraine by just one forested rural province. It produces goods.

For both countries, I plan to move south once I’ve taken the city specified. In Romania, I’ll move from Iasi to Constanta (metal) via a goods province. In Caucasus, I’ll move from Rostov to Krasnodar (oil) via a goods province. For both countries, I allocated 9 infantry and 1 armoured car. My interceptor I am using to continue scouting Caucasus, and my 3 anti-air I have retreated to my capital of Kiev - they would just slow me down. I forced marched all of these armies (except the anti-air) for around 45 minutes to an hour. I have now (2.5 hours into the game) cancelled the first 7-8 forced marches to save on health - the back 2-3 units need to catch up faster.

I built one local industry in an oil-producing province: Dnepropetrovsk. Upon discussion with Python, I decided I wouldn’t build any industry in my cities for now - I’ll have to rely on expansion to do that for me. I anticipate early having little food, as of the 4 cities I plan to take before I go to sleep, none of them produce food, and I’m not going through any rural food provinces. Furthermore, I don’t have any core food-producing rural provinces.

As for the units I want to focus on? I want to keep it as narrow as possible, so I don’t have to spend extortionate amounts, especially considering I’m Axis. For speed, I’m researching light tanks, armoured cars, and motorised infantry. I will also research higher levels of infantry, and use the upgrade trick (if you know you know) to skip to level 3 infantry for the cost of level 2, hopefully for the majority of my starting 18 infantry. I will also build interceptors for air defence of my ground stacks - anti-air, even SP AA, would just slow me down. I won’t build any ordnance or secret - secret takes too long to research and build, and ordnance is incredibly slow. I’m betting on the hope that my light tanks and motorised infantry will be able to engage artillery in combat before they deal me too much damage! I was also thinking of building a few submarines. I am still undecided on this, as it would require building a naval base, which I think may just be a waste of my time. For now, I’ll ignore the naval tab and hope Turkey doesn’t go by sea to invade me.

I have build two tank plants, in Poltava and Kiev. I also built two barracks, in Voroshilovgrad and Odessa, and one aircraft factory in Kharkov. I build my barracks in the two cities closest to Caucasus and Romania, so I could research level 1 infantry immediately, and start producing it in these two cities. I build the tank plants more central because at first I will be producing armoured cars and light tanks, which are faster to reach the front line. The decision to make the aircraft factory in Kharkov was to save myself time and resources on an airstrip - level 1 interceptors in Kharkov are already in range of my only airstrip (which the game generated) in Mariupol. I will build further airstrips so my interceptors can reach every corner of my empire, but for now it’s easier to have them all concentrated near one country, especially when the Mariupol airstrip cost me nothing.

As I type this I am 2 hours and 40 minutes into the game. I have researched level 1 armoured car and infantry, and am producing them in my tank/barracks cities. I have also started building level 2 barracks in Voroshilovgrad and level 2 tank plant in Poltava - this is because it will give a very slight boost to the speed of the production (due to my morale being at 70%). Time will tell whether this was worth it or whether I should’ve saved it for something else! My two armoured cars have 1hr15 and 1hr30 left, and my two infantry have 1hr and 1hr15 left. I am researching motorised infantry (6 hours left) and light tanks (45 minutes left). Once light tanks are researched, I will first start producing them in my tank plant cities, then I will research interceptors. After that, there’ll be nothing left to research on day 1, and I can focus all my energy on planning my routes and logistics.

Research tab:

Planned invasion of Caucasus:

Planned invasion of Romania:

Overview of Ukraine:
      Have a blessed day <3
    • A smart man I see! Make sure to use plenty of Motorized and armored car units, and move fast. The enemy will be far weaker than you think, and you should try to kill off as many people as possible before planes even become viable. You won’t even need naval or air units.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carking the 6th ().

• Carking the 6th wrote:

A smart man I see! Make sure to use plenty of Motorized and armored car units, and move fast. The enemy will be far weaker than you think, and you should try to kill of ass many people as possible before planes even become viable. You won’t even need naval or air units.
      I agree, I don’t believe I’ll need any air units except interceptors, and I’m not planning to make naval units.
      Have a blessed day <3
    • Alryt, the tactics you are using are a 9/10, but I'm gonna counter some of the assertions you make. This is meant for educational purposes, like a "devil's advocate", so don't take it personally. I'll mention the alternatives you could have used, but that is not to say your strategies/tactics are not valid. It also is not necessarily because I disagree with your methods, but to see if there are any methods that are more efficient, per-say.

SamPGS_17 wrote:

I decided to invade Caucasus and Romania first. I could’ve gone for Crimea, but I decided it wasn’t worth the effort just for one city and a slight morale boost from the capital, especially when I’m trying to Blitzkrieg as fast as possible for as many resources as possible.
      Hmm, a couple of things:
      1. That 10% morale boost could go a long way in boosting your economic production. Not sure exactly on the math (it would need to be playtested), but I'd daresay that the boost to morale (and hence the output of each province) may be worth it, or at the very least the opportunity cost of this decision not to invade Crimea may be higher than you expect. One of the key benefits is not to resource production, but manpower generation. Then again, Sevastopol is a RM city, most prolly not worth the effort.
      2. Caucasus has 2 cities that are capable of being blitzed: Rostov and Krasnodar. The other cities are far away and surrounded by mountainous terrain, which is very good for defensive positions and artillery strikes. Hopefully your opponent does not have the necessary brain cells to put those puzzle pieces together.
      3. Romania has a couple similarities terrain-wise, altho it is definitely much less of a hassle than Caucasus, but it's biggest drawback is that you will have to commit forces to faraway Hungary, which will leave you terribly overextended. Poland and/or the Soviets, if they're smart, will realise that you cannot have the troops to successfully invade both Romania and Caucasus and have enough troops at home to repel an invasion.

SamPGS_17 wrote:

As I type this I am 2 hours and 40 minutes into the game. I have researched level 1 armoured car and infantry, and am producing them in my tank/barracks cities. I have also started building level 2 barracks in Voroshilovgrad and level 2 tank plant in Poltava - this is because it will give a very slight boost to the speed of the production (due to my morale being at 70%). Time will tell whether this was worth it or whether I should’ve saved it for something else! My two armoured cars have 1hr15 and 1hr30 left, and my two infantry have 1hr and 1hr15 left. I am researching motorised infantry (6 hours left) and light tanks (45 minutes left). Once light tanks are researched, I will first start producing them in my tank plant cities, then I will research interceptors. After that, there’ll be nothing left to research on day 1, and I can focus all my energy on planning my routes and logistics.
      I can accept your argument for the level 2 barracks, but the level 2 tank plant was just a waste of resources. The metal, oil and RMs were better saved for industrial development in the rurals, especially since you never mentioned any plan to make MTs, which in any case you wouldn't need level 2 tank plants on day 1.

SamPGS_17 wrote:

I build the tank plants more central because at first I will be producing armoured cars and light tanks, which are faster to reach the front line.
      Glad to see others use the same strategic thinking I do :D

Also, by the screenshot you posted, it seems you are already running low on steel. I suggest prioritizing industrial development over the production of tanks, after you have made 2 AC and perhaps 3 or 4 LT (which, btw, would cost between 4260-5140 steel, which is enough to fully max out a rural province, so maybe tanks aren't the way to go ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

SamPGS_17 wrote:

The game I joined seemed to have an average number of newbies in it, and pretty much zero players with my experience. The complete newbie accounts are: Algeria; Canada; Caucasus; Communist Russia; France; Germany; Finland; Romania; Libya; Morocco; Northern USA, Poland, Spain; Sweden; Yugoslavia. The highest account level is the Southern USA, level 89. He also has the only player k/d of over 1 - it’s 1.21. This is useful for me, as he is far away and so I can focus on all the newbie accounts to give me a boost earlygame. All in all, a good starting map for a speedrun for me!
      Interestingly, all the test games I have joined so far are FP games, which are disproportionately biased in favour of the skilled, so all over the map countries are getting conquered and the games are highly competitive. I should attempt everything I have tried in a regular game, to see the results and whether the newbies can even offer a challenge.

Also Sam, I was thinking; Germany could potentially be a good candidate for the 10-day victory. Poland is so geographically challenged and Comintern, so they don't pose a threat if you rush them before they can make AT and artillery. The Benelux offer an easy 30 VP, plus Denmark, Czechoslovakia and Switzerland's capitals are quite easy to reach. France is a pushover in most cases, but I suppose Italy, the UK, Sweden and even Spain and whoever conquers Russia become threats around day 3-4.

These findings require pondering... :tumbleweed:
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Plenty of good points, but the Soviets and Poles are surrounded, and as you mentioned about Poland, bordering Axis countries as well. I myself wiped out The Soviets and then Caucasus in my game, but that was because Poland secured Germany and Romania for us. I do agree that Germany is probably a good point to attack from, as long as Poland is not Zhukov and kicks your ass.

• _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Alryt, the tactics you are using are a 9/10, but I'm gonna counter some of the assertions you make. This is meant for educational purposes, like a "devil's advocate", so don't take it personally. I'll mention the alternatives you could have used, but that is not to say your strategies/tactics are not valid. It also is not necessarily because I disagree with your methods, but to see if there are any methods that are more efficient, per-say.
      Appreciate it - I won't take anything personally, this is a learning experience for us all! Forums are about constructive criticism and dialogue. I'll take any advice that I can get ;)

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

That 10% morale boost could go a long way in boosting your economic production. Not sure exactly on the math (it would need to be playtested), but I'd daresay that the boost to morale (and hence the output of each province) may be worth it, or at the very least the opportunity cost of this decision not to invade Crimea may be higher than you expect. One of the key benefits is not to resource production, but manpower generation. Then again, Sevastopol is a RM city, most prolly not worth the effort.
      I did think of that at first. The RM factor was influential - perhaps if it was food I would've gone for it, but alas it is not. I also thought I'd probably need at least 6 units to go through the whole thing - this would waste me time to get to Romania, meaning I have to delay that invasion. I considered the 10% boost, but thought that these two things just were the deal-breaker. I think it would be better to be close to two player capitals, whilst also taking other cities and rural resource-producing provinces, than be close to one player capital and take one AI capital. That's my reasoning there.

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Caucasus has 2 cities that are capable of being blitzed: Rostov and Krasnodar. The other cities are far away and surrounded by mountainous terrain, which is very good for defensive positions and artillery strikes. Hopefully your opponent does not have the necessary brain cells to put those puzzle pieces together.
      Actually, I think you're absolutely right here. I think I chose Caucasus because I already had infantry and armoured cars relatively close, and it wouldn't take as long to travel to Rostov as it would for them all to go to the border of Poland or Communist Russia. Here I clearly didn't really think about what I was doing, and didn't take terrain into account enough - on second thoughts, and looking at the map, it would be far better to blitz Communist Russia and Poland, neither of which has any mountainous terrain at all. This was a complete failing on my part - I may try again with Ukraine soon and go for Communist Russia and Poland. Mountains in Caucasus may be tricky - I have set my 10-stack to go for Rostov, Krasnodar, then end up in Voroshilovsk. Hopefully by then I'll have produced enough light tanks motorised infantry to blitz the rural provinces of Caucasus, then go for Tbilisi and Grozny.

As for Poland and Communist Russia attacking me - to be honest, I'm not too worried. I have high enough production that I can send light tanks and motorised infantry to deal with 1-3 stacks, and I don't think either of them are experienced enough to stack all their units on the border THEN attack me. Part of these speedruns will always be luck - sometimes, some random country will go for an all-in naval invasion whilst you're 1,000 miles away. It happens - you have to take the risk if you want to win in under 10 days!

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Romania has a couple similarities terrain-wise, altho it is definitely much less of a hassle than Caucasus, but it's biggest drawback is that you will have to commit forces to faraway Hungary, which will leave you terribly overextended. Poland and/or the Soviets, if they're smart, will realise that you cannot have the troops to successfully invade both Romania and Caucasus and have enough troops at home to repel an invasion.
      See above. I agree it's not as big as a mistake as Caucasus. Actually, it may turn out to my advantage - Yugoslavia's capital, Belgrad, is right on the border with Romania! See above for the Soviet/Poland issue as well.

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

I can accept your argument for the level 2 barracks, but the level 2 tank plant was just a waste of resources. The metal, oil and RMs were better saved for industrial development in the rurals, especially since you never mentioned any plan to make MTs, which in any case you wouldn't need level 2 tank plants on day 1.
      I agree. Next speedrun test as Ukraine, I will only build the level 2 barracks. It will be helpful for the motorised infantry! This was a complete mistake and yeah, a lot of steel wasted.

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Glad to see others use the same strategic thinking I do
      :)

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Also, by the screenshot you posted, it seems you are already running low on steel. I suggest prioritizing industrial development over the production of tanks, after you have made 2 AC and perhaps 3 or 4 LT (which, btw, would cost between 4260-5140 steel, which is enough to fully max out a rural province, so maybe tanks aren't the way to go ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
      I want to have something fast and relatively cheap accompanying the motorised infantry. At first glance, I thought light tanks would be a good idea - but looking at the research tab, level 2 is unlocked day 4 and level 3 on day 8, so I may not even have to use level 3. Instead of light tanks, I could use armoured cars - slightly less attack, but adds a bit of a punch, doesn't slow down the motorised infantry much, has some anti-air built-in, and is some light armour to throw off enemy infantry. In this game I will try to produce a combination of light tanks and armoured cars - whichever I think works the best I will use in my next speedrun attempt. I have a feeling it'll be the armoured cars! If neither are economically viable, I may switch to an air force in my next attempt - although I think this is unlikely to be the best strategy, it's always possible: planes are fast! Perhaps as Axis, attack bombers could be my light tank alternative? I don't think I should ever use naval, secret, or ordnance - ordnance is far too slow, secret doesn't unlock fast enough in the research tab and takes an age to produce, and naval can't speedily conquer provinces for me.

As for industrial development, I have built a couple of local industry in rural provinces producing food, oil, and steel - but I find myself agreeing more and more with your original assertion that very little industry will be needed, at least in the first couple of days of the game. As the game goes on, I can start to build industry in my cities - but it'll have to be a balance, as I want to Blitzkrieg as fast as possible! Also, I think I will need to start building recruitment stations in my core cities very soon. I have one on the build, but they're so expensive in food!

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Interestingly, all the test games I have joined so far are FP games, which are disproportionately biased in favour of the skilled, so all over the map countries are getting conquered and the games are highly competitive. I should attempt everything I have tried in a regular game, to see the results and whether the newbies can even offer a challenge.
      Forgive my ignorance - what are FP games? Does that stand for 'Forum' something games? Please do enlighten me. I assume they are organised games for more competitive players!

I think these speedruns should mostly be done in regular open games to be honest - it would also provide somewhat of a basis for fair speedrun, as they are relatively random due to different players, but all exactly the same open gamemode.
      Have a blessed day <3
    • **posting the response in two messages because it's over 10,000 characters, sorry Python**

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Also Sam, I was thinking; Germany could potentially be a good candidate for the 10-day victory. Poland is so geographically challenged and Comintern, so they don't pose a threat if you rush them before they can make AT and artillery. The Benelux offer an easy 30 VP, plus Denmark, Czechoslovakia and Switzerland's capitals are quite easy to reach. France is a pushover in most cases, but I suppose Italy, the UK, Sweden and even Spain and whoever conquers Russia become threats around day 3-4.

I agree - I may also try a game as Germany to see what it would be like. The biggest and most obvious advantage would be Benelux, which would boost the economy to 100% hopefully well within day 1. The disadvantages are France being Allies and Italy being Axis - this may slow down expansion compared to Ukraine. However, as you said it's possible to just expand East - but I tend to enjoy a buffer around all of my country, and conquering France leaves me open to both Spain and Italy. It's a good idea though!

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

These findings require pondering...

Consider me pondering!
      Have a blessed day <3
    • FrancoMadrid wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

A smart man I see! Make sure to use plenty of Motorized and armored car units, and move fast. The enemy will be far weaker than you think, and you should try to kill of ass many people as possible before planes even become viable. You won’t even need naval or air units.

Why did you edit my post? :rolleyes:

• What Zhukov said lol, it's just the beta games; basically the Europe map but only people level 50 and higher can play (if they're FPs) and it's used to test new features and hunt for bugs. Basically an elite version of the regular map.

Also Sam, you're ryt about the randomness factor. A speedrun wouldn't be possible without that factor.

I'd respond to each of your points, but I agree with most of them and I have to deal with disaster in one of the Sweden games (I'll put an update in the original thread)

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

o7
    • Okay, time for day 2! I’m not sure yet how in-depth today’s report will be, I’ll see what I feel like as I go on writing it.

So far, I’m not doing too badly - but I definitely think Communist Russia and Poland would be a much easier duo than Romania and Caucasus! As things stand, I predict I won’t quite be able to win within the 10 days. Maybe 11-12 days? We’ll see I guess.

Please please *please* let me know if there’s anything I’ve missed out, or anything you want to know! I will do my best to respond when I can.

————————————————————————————————————

Overnight, I ordered my two 10-stacks (1 armoured car, 9 infantry) to go through much of Romania and Caucasus. I didn’t lose any land or units during that time, which I was grateful for! In Caucasus, I carved a swathe from Rostov to Krasnodar, whilst in Romania I took vast amounts of land from Iasi to Bucharest (capital!) via Constanta. This gave me a boost in resources of double oil, rare materials, goods, and metal. Furthermore, capturing Bucharest won me around 55k money! The only resource I hadn’t got a boost in was food - so when I woke up, I immediately ordered my stack in Caucasus to take Voroshilovsk, giving me a food boost finally.

This meant that by the start of day 2, I gained 100 victory points. Here is the leaderboard as it stands:
      forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…60de17f180f4efc374fca0487
      I’m not too worried about the coalition - I doubt they have the coordination to spot me as a major threat and subsequently take me out. Time will tell!

Here is the newspaper economy reports - I’m not too high, as I expected. I hope to increase my economy through expansion in future, plus, I am building small amounts of industry in key areas which I lack - for example, I am building level 3 rural local industry for food, and level 1 industry in my food city, plus I’m building levels 1-2 of rural local industry for oil and steel. I am in excess of rare materials, and I also have a reasonable amount of goods.

Progress in Caucasus is now slowing down, as I am reaching the mountainous regions. My original 10-stack still has 114.5/176 health, meaning it should be enough to go take the capital of Tbilisi via Grozny. I also have two motorised infantry cleaning up the northern rural provinces. I am trying to station some units in strategic defensive positions, whilst also being the most efficient at conquering as much as possible as fast as possible.

Northern Caucasus:

Southern Caucasus:

As for the stack in Romania, I am about to take a rural province of Bulgaria now, aiming for the capital of Sofia. I will then cut around to take the rest of Bulgaria, using another armoured car coming from the north to assist. I also have a stack in the north of Romania, consisting of 2 armoured cars, 1 light tank, and 1 motorised infantry - they are ordered to capture Budapest via Debrecen, then go onto capture the rural province of Gyor. It’s going on to Gior because that stack gets a plains bonus, so if it gets attacked that’s an advantage for me.

Bulgaria; my 10-stack:

Northern Romania:

Germany has captured almost all of Czechoslovakia, except one rural province, and every province of Austria except the capital. I have messaged him, wondering if we could work together to take out and split Poland between us. I have yet to hear from him.

Overview of the whole map:

My units:

Research tab: (everything else other than infantry tab is level 1)
      Images
      • A6C14921-CA7D-45D4-8BE7-E39C2750CAE9.jpeg

577.34 kB, 828×1,283, viewed 27 times
      Have a blessed day <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by SamPGS_17 ().

• Sam, mate, if it's too tedious for you to make these posts, then you mustn't bother. I highly appreciate the level of detail you are going for, but if this run doesn't make it to day 10, then the only people who will bother reading the whole thread is prolly you, me and Carking. That is to say, I appreciate the dedication ^^

However, I am quite worried at the casualties you have taken. Your starting infantry is barely above 50%, and your motorized is sitting around at 75%. Glad to see the armour is fine, and I assume you haven't used the planes or AA in any attacks so far, hence the full HP for those.

Also, Finland and Turkey might become threats: How high level are they? Same goes for Germany and the Imperial Russians, altho less so. And as you mention, careful with the 4 stack in Romania, if the MT is present, it will deal a lot of damage and could even kill you if there are a couple infantry alongside it.

Congratulations are definitely in order! Besides a few strategic mistakes, nothing has gone wrong in this game. The same cannot be said for my games, I'm kinda jealous :/

o7
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Sam, mate, if it's too tedious for you to make these posts, then you mustn't bother. I highly appreciate the level of detail you are going for, but if this run doesn't make it to day 10, then the only people who will bother reading the whole thread is prolly you, me and Carking. That is to say, I appreciate the dedication ^^

However, I am quite worried at the casualties you have taken. Your starting infantry is barely above 50%, and your motorized is sitting around at 75%. Glad to see the armour is fine, and I assume you haven't used the planes or AA in any attacks so far, hence the full HP for those.

Also, Finland and Turkey might become threats: How high level are they? Same goes for Germany and the Imperial Russians, altho less so. And as you mention, careful with the 4 stack in Romania, if the MT is present, it will deal a lot of damage and could even kill you if there are a couple infantry alongside it.

Congratulations are definitely in order! Besides a few strategic mistakes, nothing has gone wrong in this game. The same cannot be said for my games, I'm kinda jealous :/
      Nah, I feel like doing a full play through - if I get too busy or don’t feel like it anymore then I will stop putting so much detail in. I don’t mind if no one reads it as long as it’s a record of what I’ve done! That being said, I would like this 10-day speedrun to become a popular thing - although it’s true I’m doubtful it will, sadly.

Turkey will not be a threat, he is a complete newbie, has a horrific economy, and is Comintern. I agree, Finland might become a threat - his powerful economy is something to watch out for. Thankfully, he is far away for now! I think it’s interesting how high Poland’s economy is on the rankings, so I’ll be keeping an eye on him. As for Germany, he’s getting more casualties than the AI he’s invading - he clearly has no clue what he’s doing and has a newbie account.

Agreed about watching out for a medium tank in Romania - I am merging my 4-stack with 2 more light tanks, which will hopefully help it pack more of a punch if it encounters any medium tanks. I have just used a 4-stack of interceptors to kill a singular infantry in the mountains of Caucasus, actually - it was more efficient than you might think with Axis!

As for the health of my units - I always knew that this would be a problem. I need to expand as fast as possible, and units will take damage if I do this! I think the vague plan in my head is to retreat very damaged stacks to heal a little, whilst garrisoning in cities I’ve just taken. If I have to sacrifice units, I will - I need to expand fast. The whole point is to win in 10 days, after all!

ahaha well to be fair you said yourself you’re in an FP game so that’ll make it harder for you!

Appreciate the input :)
      Have a blessed day <3