Are Heavy Tanks that good?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nostroma wrote:

Someone just threw a stack at me....

5 heavy tanks, 5 tank destroyers, 5 SP arty, 3 SP air, 5 SP rocket batteries, and 4 mech inf.

Guess who won that battle. Wasn't me.
      In the long run, you should win that. Go for small stacks of fast units, like armoured cars - take out as many provinces as you can, fast, and avoid the big slow doomstacks. Your economy will outlast his!
      Have a blessed day <3
    • Doesn’t seem too strong long term. If I was you I would have had a doom stack of 30 planes, tacs attacks and ints. The AA defense here wouldn’t be enough and they’d be overwhelmed. You also should avoid melee, use arty to take a potshot then move out of the range with speed. You wear them down as they move. Drag them to the coats and use battleships. This is probably their only stack like this so you kill it and they are doomed.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Nostroma wrote:

5 heavy tanks, 5 tank destroyers, 5 SP arty, 3 SP air, 5 SP rocket batteries, and 4 mech inf.
      Very bizarre stack ?( Why pair HTs with TDs? None of their terrain bonuses overlap and they serve too similar of purposes to be of use together. SP arty and SPRA with the slow HTs? The SPAA I can allow, and mech inf is eh.

*Edit: Just realized it was a golder, it all makes sense now :rolleyes:
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • FrancoMadrid wrote:

I like to build max level heavy tanks when I play Axis. That is, a stack of 5 pure heavy tanks, with 5 inf and 2 aa. Is this good?
      To answer OP's question: no, definitely not. Max level heavy tanks? Do you realize the necessary investment required, the time it takes, the wasted resources? And why bother making inf, if you're going for a HP-heavy stack, use mech, or at the very least mot. No idea if AA or HTs are faster (I assume HTs), but you're better off making rocket fighters or something at that rate
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • FrancoMadrid wrote:

I like to build max level heavy tanks when I play Axis. That is, a stack of 5 pure heavy tanks, with 5 inf and 2 aa. Is this good?
      I'm assuming you're talking about the late game (at least after day 20) when you can have several of these stacks on the battlefield. Aside from the huge economic investment that goes into churning out lots of max level HTs, they really aren't as good combatwise as you might be led to believe. This stack would be good to eat HP and crush inactives, but it would be REALLY SLOW and active players using shoot-scoot would destroy it if you don't have tacs around. And since this is the late game, 2 AA is not close to enough to shoot down a nuke or even an AB stack with ints. If you're playing a map with tons of inactives, like in @jubjub bird 's HT playthrough from a few months ago, then you probably could win with those stacks, but in a map with other active players it won't fly.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito