Disappearing Convoy - The Philadephia Experiment

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Disappearing Convoy - The Philadephia Experiment

So I'm playing this game, and I see my opponent with a series of convoys, which end up being: in the rear 3 subs, 12 transports, 10 transports + 1 sub, 9 transports, and two destroyers. All travelling in a straight line.The 3 subs are attacked by 1 sub causing them to fall away from the 3 convoys, the convoy and destroyers move forward in a straight line. As the destroyers move past an ocean point, I wait 30 minutes and move 14 subs behind the destroyers and head towards the transports. Transports pass my three subs, two to the left of an ocean point and one to the right. Wait 20 minutes, send in the 3 subs from the rear to attack. All three transports are now stuck in between two ocean points and therefore surrounded by my subs. 2 rear subs catch up to two transport convoys and are attacking. Third convoy heading to my 13 subs, in between two ocean point, cannot go left or right, only straight. Think the 13 subs had about 17 minutes till hitting the third convoy. And then gone, right in front of my eye.

Submitted a bug report, but very confused right now. Any ideas!!!
    • High level subs have a fairly good attack vs ships. Are you sure your subs didn't kill the whole transport convoy in 1 attack?

You can check the newspaper to be sure the enemy hasn't lost anything vs that specific group of subs (every group of subs has a name). Also if your subs hadn't seen battle before or only a little, the amount of units they killed should be zero, or somewhere near that if they killed only a few ships before this battle. You can see how many units they have destroyed if you select them and then click on their icon in the middle of the bottom of the screen to see the details.
    • I'm positive they can. Maybe not lvl 1 subs, but higher level subs can, especially if they have some luck (there is a luck factor in this game). If they kill them in 1 volley, the battle happened in a blink of an eye, so you won't see them with the fighting symbols longer than 1 second, because after that the target is already destroyed.

1 Land unit on the water in his convoy modus has only 5 health, and high level subs can kill them 1 on 1. Also 13 subs probably have damage equall to 9-10 subs with 100% damage efficiacy (damage efficiacy of your troops drop as you add more of the same unit to a stack). If your subs are not high level, but have some luck, they may still kill the enemy convoy in 1 attack.