My Clash of Nations playthrough Game: 7,665,588

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My Clash of Nations playthrough Game: 7,665,588

Hello and welcome to my playthrough, I doubt anyone is interested as this is not a speedrun, but I did get the idea from @SamPGS_17, and I am starting from Day 2 so here goes.

As of now I am unable to upload so that is very annoying too.

Day 1:

Picked the Northern States of America as my starting country.

Got straight to the point of researching infantry and armoured cars, then quickly moving to light tanks and submarines, when this was done I set the tactical bomber to research while I was sleeping that night. In the morning, I began work on battleships too.

Built Tank plants in New York and Philadelphia, a Naval Base in Boston, and Barracks in Pittsburg. Controversial, but I have blueprints for motorised inf, light tanks, so my production of them needs to be high for the mid-game.

Also straight away I checked the levels of Southern USA and Canada, I felt bad because they were both level 1 but I might not be trying to speedrun, but I am trying to finish as soon as possible. So I organised the army to take a slow attack to minimise casualties, taking rural territory, garrisoning it, and then surrounding cities before closing in with combined unit strength. It also turned out on the way to Chattanooga that the player had a medium tank and 2 infantry, which my measly LT and 1 inf weren't a match for, so I ordered them to stop on the roads. I assume a similar thing happened at Asheville because I lost 4 troops fighting there.

Diplomacy-wise, I joined a coalition with UK and Libya, levels 50 and 40 respectively, the UK decided to maximise production and construction as much as he could, so spent all his resources and came begging for cash, while Libya invaded Tunisia and Greece, well partway through that Turkey decided to send all his forces to Tripoli (in the form of separate convoys) and Egypt (level 1) declared war. Turns out Libya is really good because they finished off Tunisia, and repelled the Turks with just 2 armoured cars (yep, 2 armoured cars took out 22 convoys).

Day 2:

Began Battleship research, and then started on subs, Libya has taken up to Athens in Greece and is landing on all Izmir and Istanbul in Turkey, although since Turkey has nothing left, I've told him to just rush as many cities as he can. Uk seized Benelux and Ireland, and I made allies with an old friend who turned out to be on the same game, he was in coalition with Communist Russia and Poland who were both very good, but then he got invaded by Finland after they sunk his troops heading for the Baltic since I don't want him dead yet, I advice Communist Russia and Poland to strike at Finland while his forces are pre-occupied - Sweden uses a strat of "Wall of Steel" I hate it - Heavy Tanks, Mechanised Infantry and Tactical Bombers, but it works quite well (even though none of those units are available yet), so he has held off Finland until about 11:00 BSt when Stockholm and Uppsala fell.

For me I've reached down to Savanah in South USA, still stuck at Chattanooga though, and encircling Charlotte, I think once my stacks of 5 LTs arrive then I'll speed up the advance. Meanwhile saying Canada was a new player was an understatement, it's their first game, and they haven't even bothered to do the tutorial (Karelia has this 1 province in Canada, London if you must know the name), So I might jump the gun and send my six-stack of infantry into Canada before the AI takes over.

Industrial complexes are being built in all cities except Washington, which is an airbase, I am also going to need more oil it seems, which is odd because most of the time the USA lacks metal.
      President of The Forum.

(As elected October 2023).

Can be found on Call of War itself as "Zaktty".
    • Very similar opening moves I make. Not just for Clash, but all games. I start my Tacs early and often because they’re the best unit against infantry. Early in the game 3-5 of them just eat infantry alive and there are more infantry than any other unit. I also start Cruisers (battleships day 2) instead of subs. Allows you to bombard coastal troops. In the end my ground units are conquering empty provinces or attacking stacks with AA. I’m an aggressive player.

But yeah, ground troops - upgrade the ones you have first. I don’t build infantry just upgrade. I build ACs and LTs first. Start Arty but use Tacs and cruisers as seige weapons much more early.

For buildings I start with 2 air 2 Tank 1 ordinance and 1 port. After that I’m not building other unit production buildings for quite some time except air factories just to move planes and project power. Then industry (goods), prop (capital) and recruiting. Rinse wash repeat.

For units I just iterate on that until I learn if there are any players that are any good and have armies that I need to counter. A lot of times in Clash, that’s all I need. I do always build a balanced navy - 2 Battleships, 2 Cruisers, 1 destroyer, 1 sub perfect ratio. Again, just iterate from there depending on opposition. If nobody else has much of a navy or air force build all battleships.

I’ll create a separate post on how I use carriers on different maps.
    • Day 3:

I've begun research on cruisers as @NickXXXNick suggested, and kept my second research spot free, to save resources, especially the oil, All cities continue to be in full production, I have contemplated researching Interceptors, but most of the time they are irrelevant on Clash Of Nations Maps, in my experience, I will need them by the time I expand into Europe though.

Libya has ploughed through Egypt to Cairo, but only managed to take Alexandria, as they got repelled at Luxor and are waiting for reinforcements, In Greece, they sent 2 AA guns to conquer the country and then found out there were 4 inf in Athens, and probably similar in Salonika, On my advice they took all Turkey's cities until Izmir rebelled, so overall they have defeated Turkey but all other offensives have ground to a halt.

UK and Germany went to war, Germany took the Netherlands, after heavy casualties (about 11 I think) due to UK Artillery (He seems to love the stuff), and now Britain only has Belgium, but Cologne, Duisburg, and Luxembourg are in rubble.

Meanwhile, I have pushed down to Savanah and taken Charlotte, moving on to Savanah with my ACs.
      President of The Forum.

• For some reason, the forum tells me that "an unknown error has occurred" when I attach my snips (snipping tool) any idea why, regardless I am still takin them so that If I can send them you can see them.
      President of The Forum.

• Day 4:[/u][/b]
      [/b]
      The UK was effectively kicked out of Belgium after high losses outside Brussels, they seem to have gone mostly inactive (although they are still online), Libya has taken almost all of Turkey by this point and after intense battleship bombardment they seized Athens, although they continue to be pushed back in Egypt.

I finally broke through the medium tank brigade at Chattanooga, and after solo infantry regiments attacked Augusta, Greenville and Knoxville, I assume most south USA forces had been eliminated, a 11 stack of light tanks and armoured cars is advancing on Atlanta.

I have completed 4 operational battleships and 2 cruisers in Boston, my plan is to get Brando Dilla stacks of 4 battleships, 3 destroyers, and 3 cruisers, sometimes subsidising the cruisers for subs.

My friend Sweden has been taken out, and Poland went AI, so I am discussing with Libya whether to join coalition with Communist Russia, who has taken Russian Empire, and leave the UK, who seems to put less and less effort in.
      President of The Forum.

• Day 5:

So, Britain started doing stuff again, which is good, such as using about 6 battleships to bombard the Benelux, specifically the new German capital, Amsterdam, and Libya defeated Turkey, meaning the province of Kersehir revolted to Iraq, which is a shame because now he is invading Iraq and beginning the Turkey strategy of taking the Middle East and then Africa, which won't be a problem as we are at the part of the game where everyone goes inactive, the only remaining countries are: North USA, UK, France, Germany, Libya, Finland, and Communist Russia.

Otherwise, I have gone entirely offensive, and plan to finish off South USA by the end of tomorrow, using a 5 stack of tactical bombers, light tanks, and infantry, the only issue was the city of savannah, which my armoured car brigade managed to hold bravely, even if now it is only on 0.3 health! I have built level 1 industry in all cities other than Washington, because I don't need goods, what do you guys suggest next?
      President of The Forum.

• Hey guys, Libya here.
      Thanks to Zaktty for the glowing praise for holding off the 14 Turkish Convoys with just 2 armoured cars (I'm not a gold user, I promise, and there seriously needs to be a Sabaton song about those two armoured cars), and my offensives in the South of Europe.
      Now, Turkey has been completely annexed by yours truly and, having annexed Iraq and Syria, I am pushing from the East to the Suez Canal (so far I've got as far as Gaza), and from the west (Alexandria specifically) to the Canal aswell.
      Having Annexed Bulgaria and Turkey, I have built Naval Bases in the Red Sea and I am attacking the Crimea, having so far taken Sevastopol after an unsuccesful first attempt.
      I'm also planning to take Saudi Arabia too once the war with Egypt is done.
      After that, I'm not going to invade anyone for a day or so. As you can imagine, after being at war non stop for 8 days, I have taken loads of casualties and need some time to rebuild.
      Anyone got any advice? Again, thanks to my mate Zaktty who has been a great ally throughout this whole game so far.
      Thanks guys!
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Day 6-8:

Sorry that I haven't posted in a while, but to get to the point, Libya has taken the middle east and is now moving troops to attack the rest of Africa, however, they want to take a break now after 8 days of constant fighting, especially since they need to regenerate troops.

After being kicked out of Europe, the UK has had to deal with a surprise German Tank landing in Scotland (2 MTs, 2 LTs, 1 HT, the rest infantry), so they are rushing forces to deal with it and to be honest, I have faith, since most of their strength is spread out around the country. The infrastructure is beneficial (they built infrastructure up to Scotland), I have to say I have become more impressed with the UK now, and we will probably remain in the coalition.

Only Miami remains in South USA hands, and troops are lining up in Canada, readying for invasion, it will be essential to transport them back up to the north quickly, so I am thinking about infrastructure.

The UK also started fighting France, so they took all the lands north of Paris, because of my limited shared map, I don't know how this is going.

Thanks for staying tuned, more news soon.
      President of The Forum.