Add A British Faction!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Add A British Faction!

Do you think we need a British Commonwealth Faction? 19
        Yes (17) 89%
        No (2) 11%
      Hi Everyone!

Just recently Heroes Of The Rising Sun came out. And thats certainly good; it adds some more faction flavour and depth to Cow. But I must ask why CoW has not yet made a British Commonwealth faction. After all, had it not been for Britain pulling through the Blitz in the Summer of 1940, led by the great Winston Churchill, the world may very well have been a very different, and darker place.

Anyways, In making a British Faction, it would eliminate some British Icons currently in the Western Allies faction, namely the interceptor and heavy tank. In my view the icons for those should be the P-51 Mustang and M26 Pershing, respectively. I suppose that would become the new American Faction.

Suggested Unit Icons For The British Faction:

UnitIcon
      Armoured CarDaimler MK I
      Light TankVickers MK VI
      Medium TankCromwell, any variant excluding MK VI
      Heavy TankChurchill MK IV
      Tank DestroyerArcher
      InterceptorSpitfire V or IX
      Tactical BomberDH 98 Mosquito B IV
      Strategic BomberAvro Lancaster MK I
      Naval BomberShort Sunderland
      Nuclear BomberAvro Lincoln MK I

I hope these suggestions will be acted upon, but I've of course wanna know your opinions on the concept of a Commonwealth faction, and on the units I've included in the above table.

Best Regards and Good Luck Generals! :P
    • I see why it was not the first to be put out. The Western allies shared equipment extensively through the war, so besides planes, the units could really be swapped in and out (such as the Wolverine and Hellcat, which were actually given their names by the Brits). But after the Japanese skins coming out, the British are sure to be next in line. (applause to the use of the Cromwell, tis my favorite tank)
      "A knight cannot save the world. They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield."

"Honor? Glory? There's no point in speaking to a killer who indulges in such nonsense."

"It's a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated"
    • Yah, I get the whole equipment-sharing thing. After all, there was lend-lease. And the Cromwell's cool too, being it had the engine of the Spitfire adapted for use in a tank, and it made the thing real fast. But yah, with the Japanese already here, the Brits should definitely be next.
    • The brits had very seperate equipment. They are probably almost as nationally proud as Americans, and so they liked having their own stuff. The few things I can think of the allies sharing:P-51s, B-24s (the british used them for anti submarine duties) those 50 destroyers that american sold them for the atlantic bases and.... Really cant think of anything else
    • Brits did use all kinds of American Equipment, despite national pride issues. The British used the P-39 Airacobra, P-40 Warhawk , P-47 Thunderbolt , P-51 Mustang,as eruth mentioned, the F2A Buffalo, F4U Corsair, F4F Wildcat, F6F Hellcat, A-20 Boston, B-17 Flying Fortress, B-24 Liberator, B-25 Mitchell, and many, many more, just in the aircraft category. Afterall, the British gave the M3 Stuart and M4 Sherman their names!
    • Liberinsula wrote:

French and Italian would certainly be nice too. And Pablo, are you talking about what units would be shown in the tech tree for each lvl unit? If so, I can certainly make a table.
      Pablo has a post on this, with plans for what the the units would be on the tech tree. It's incomplete, though
      "A knight cannot save the world. They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield."

"Honor? Glory? There's no point in speaking to a killer who indulges in such nonsense."

"It's a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated"
    • aDudeWhoDoesThings wrote:

Liberinsula wrote:

French and Italian would certainly be nice too. And Pablo, are you talking about what units would be shown in the tech tree for each lvl unit? If so, I can certainly make a table.
      Pablo has a post on this, with plans for what the the units would be on the tech tree. It's incomplete, though
      Sure, gimme a link and I'll check it out
    • Liberinsula wrote:

aDudeWhoDoesThings wrote:

Liberinsula wrote:

The past is a foreign country.
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

Liberinsula wrote:

aDudeWhoDoesThings wrote:

Liberinsula wrote:

Well Pablo, here it is:

And yes, I know this is only for some of the units. The rest I'll send along soon. But I'd also like ot know everyone's thoughts on these units:

Unit
      Icon
      Unit LVL 1
      LVL 2
      LVL 3
      LVL 4
      LVL 5
      LVL 6
      Armoured Car
      Daimler MK I
      Rolls Royce Armoured Car
      Humber AC MK I