Forum Software Devs Homo/Transphobia (Gender Selection Dropdown)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Forum Software Devs Homo/Transphobia (Gender Selection Dropdown)

When I went to access the gender selection dropdown in the Edit Profile page, there are only two available options: Male and Female. However, many people in the LGBTQ community do not identify as either Male or Female. I think that there should be at least an option like “Other” or something, if you can’t type it in. This is probably not Bytro that’s responsible for this, it’s probably the software engineers that created this forum software.
      Stay Sweet!
    • I think maybe I wouldn't class this as homophobia - if you're gonna label it as something, maybe transphobia? But personally I wouldn't say it's on purpose, so using these labels can be unnecessarily provocative. However I do agree that maybe an 'other' section would be good for some people, as well as 'male' and 'female'.
      Have a blessed day <3
    • Is this that important? This is a game, not an official document or school, or medical record, driving license etc. THIS IS A GAME. KEEP SEXUALITY AND OTHER NONGAME RELATED ISSUES OUT OF THIS FORUM. There are kids in here.
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • My point stands, THIS IS A GAME, you can do what you like, send a message directly to Bytro, but keep it out of the forums. Thank you.
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

• ok, what if I came in saying I was offended by the fact that it is assumed I am a human, everyone would laugh at me, Why? because it is irrelevant to the game. I'm not asking too much, I just want to keep this platform precisely for game ideas.
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

• It's part of the collective human functions.
      With new and new concepts of such "sexuality" being born each day.
      It's not surprised that the concepts will be discuss and brought in websites that have no connection to it.
      Because it has become a worldwide issue, something has to be talk about later or sooner.
      So expectation on this subject is very low, from my (The Director) perspective.
      "Hate, union, freedom, justice, equality, war, peace, violence, blood. It is but a perfect mixture on destiny and our lives. It is for the mass we trust and for the mass we contribute, or to selfishly to personal greed we follow, it is up to your choices on what mixture you want. My mixture is a bit of everything with madness and humility in it, the virtues will black and sinful, just like I per say." - Kaiser Luther Ernst Willienburg.
    • Just wanted to add...

The forum software this runs is Burning Board 4.1.21, developed by WoltLab in Germany in around 2014. I know things like this were important, but they weren't quite regarded as such as much a decade ago. I don't think forum software has been updated at all really.
      (this is based off my limited research, so do take it with a grain of salt though)
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• epik
      "Hate, union, freedom, justice, equality, war, peace, violence, blood. It is but a perfect mixture on destiny and our lives. It is for the mass we trust and for the mass we contribute, or to selfishly to personal greed we follow, it is up to your choices on what mixture you want. My mixture is a bit of everything with madness and humility in it, the virtues will black and sinful, just like I per say." - Kaiser Luther Ernst Willienburg.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

TheZhukov wrote:

Yeah, but can someone please answer this honestly, DOES THIS TOPIC BELONG IN A GAME FORUM?
      "This topic, which is specifically about this game forum, doesn't belong in a game forum" is an idiotic take.
      The forum not including non-binary as an option doesn't mean it's transphobic, but it seems like it'd be a good thing to add that as an option.
      there's an unspecified option, period.
      The Saviour
    • Not surprisingly, this thread is already on fire because of the topic being discussed...Not saying that this should/shouldn't be discussed, just commenting, lol
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7