A new tool in the arsenal - Get Ready for the Flame Tank!​

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A new tool in the arsenal - Get Ready for the Flame Tank!​

Attention, General!

Clad in heavy armor, a new opponent approaches! Based on the historical Churchill Crocodile, this fearsome foe excels at storming fortified positions and fighting unarmored opponents.

This tank can take a beating and still push forward. Its front-mounted flamethrower disregards the protective embrace of fortifications and unleashes devastating hellfire upon unarmored foes and buildings. This makes the Flame Tank the ultimate weapon for breaching enemy defensive lines.
      But be careful when deploying your Flame Tank, it is weak against heavy armored units and air attacks. So make sure to give the newest addition to your arsenal adequate protection!

The Churchill Crocodile variant will be available for allied doctrine players. All non-allied doctrines will have access to captured variants. Do not worry, they are just as lethal as the original and come with the same capabilities and stats!

New Deployment Mechanic

The Flame Tank also comes with a new deployment mechanic. It can not be researched and produced like a traditional unit, but instead will be deployed via new Unit Cards from your inventory. Unit Cards will be available as a reward for advancing through Operations. Besides the new Flame Tank, participating in Operations will also reward you with other units already existing in Call of War. For balancing reasons, deployment of units from Unit Cards come with a set of rules:

• A minimum province morale is needed to deploy.
        • Once deployed, the unit enters mobilization and cannot move or attack for a while, just defend.
        • Unit levels will match the unit's research level in the game round.
        • You can only deploy units in your provinces.
        • You cannot deploy in provinces under attack.
        • You cannot deploy over units that are mobilizing.
        • Units deployed from Unit Cards must comply with the day of availability.
        • The day of availability is tied to the level of the Unit Card. Higher level cards are rarer, but also more powerful. For example the Flame Tank becomes available on the following days:
          • Level 1 -> Day 4
          • Level 2 -> Day 8
          • Level 3 -> Day 13
        We have created an entire set of new missions that you complete simply by playing the game:

The new tasks and Unit Cards added to Operations make this a rewarding feature for every player in Call of War. So if you have yet to give Operations a try, now is the best time to get started!

Flame Tank speedround livestream

Excited and want to know more? Join us for our livestream on the 7th of October, broadcast live on the official Bytro youtube channel! We’ll play a flaming hot 144x speed round to showcase the new tank, Unit Cards and Operations!

Your Bytro Team!

Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • flame tanks (anti-unarmoured) + air support (anti-armoured)
      Well well, a new wave of pain innit?
      "Hate, union, freedom, justice, equality, war, peace, violence, blood. It is but a perfect mixture on destiny and our lives. It is for the mass we trust and for the mass we contribute, or to selfishly to personal greed we follow, it is up to your choices on what mixture you want. My mixture is a bit of everything with madness and humility in it, the virtues will black and sinful, just like I per say." - Kaiser Luther Ernst Willienburg.
    • If this unit can't be researched and produced normally with the only way get them is through cards, this is a step further in the direction of pay to win. The only way I've seen for these operations is to spend money on gold and stuff like that. Every step in the pay to win direction is a step away from being a serious strategy game. I prefer this as a strategy game, but I am starting to realize I'm a dying breed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by 6thDragon ().

• a molding bread, my comrade?
      "Hate, union, freedom, justice, equality, war, peace, violence, blood. It is but a perfect mixture on destiny and our lives. It is for the mass we trust and for the mass we contribute, or to selfishly to personal greed we follow, it is up to your choices on what mixture you want. My mixture is a bit of everything with madness and humility in it, the virtues will black and sinful, just like I per say." - Kaiser Luther Ernst Willienburg.
    • crispy
    • forgotten units becoming even more forgotten
    • It's great to see new units finally being added, but it would be very much appreciated if units such as marines(paratrooper-like units that can disembark from water at high speeds) were added as well into the main game tech tree. This game has a lot of untapped potential, and it's nice to see that some change is finally coming.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• 6thDragon wrote:

If this unit can't be researched and produced normally with the only way get them is through cards, this is a step further in the direction of pay to win. The only way I've seen for these operations is to spend money on gold and stuff like that. Every step in the pay to win direction is a step away from being a serious strategy game. I prefer this as a strategy game, but I am starting to realize I'm a dying bread.
      Us OGs are just a whole bakery of dying bread, unfortunately.

Donk2.0 wrote:

It's great to see new units finally being added, but it would be very much appreciated if units such as marines(paratrooper-like units that can disembark from water at high speeds) were added as well into the main game tech tree. This game has a lot of untapped potential, and it's nice to see that some change is finally coming.
      I mean, new units are nice, but literally no one asked for flame tanks tho. I'm getting real CON vibes, since this is eerily similar to seasonal units...
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Hey @Carking the 6th, weren't you just saying a few days ago crocodiles are immortal, hm?

Geden wrote:

Based on the historical Churchill Crocodile,
      ^^
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7