A new tool in the arsenal - Get Ready for the Flame Tank!​

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Hey @Carking the 6th, weren't you just saying a few days ago crocodiles are immortal, hm?

Geden wrote:

Based on the historical Churchill Crocodile,
      ^^
      From my personal experience with them in War Thunder, that statement is in fact true.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• Torspo2 wrote:

Disgusting. Give golders toys to P2W even harder <X :cursing: And the damn thing was brought in in 1944 so it better not deploy before day 20! I really hate this and it's another nail to the coffin for this greedy company.

Stop playing around and ban the dual/multi accounters.
      poor guy's going have an aneurysm
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Us OGs are just a whole bakery of dying bread, unfortunately.I mean, new units are nice, but literally no one asked for flame tanks tho. I'm getting real CON vibes, since this is eerily similar to seasonal units...

6thDragon wrote:

If this unit can't be researched and produced normally with the only way get them is through cards, this is a step further in the direction of pay to win. The only way I've seen for these operations is to spend money on gold and stuff like that. Every step in the pay to win direction is a step away from being a serious strategy game. I prefer this as a strategy game, but I am starting to realize I'm a dying breed.
      Agreed.

Honestly the existence of flamethrower tanks is cool in itself but a) they'd probably already exist in armoured formations, making them redundant, b) having them exclusively available via operations is an obvious cash grab and a slippery slope to other units as @_Pyth0n_ said above, too much like Conflict of Nations. CoN a good game itself and all, but we don't need to become the same.

Or maybe I'm just overly conservative, inflexible, and xenophobic.

That said I'm glad the devs have added a new secret unit and I like the idea. I'm not sure I like the execution though.
      I would be so bold as to say that ideally certain doctrines would have unique secret tech units only they can make but exist on the tech tree. But I don't think that is compatible with the CoW we know and love.

Ostenfeldt wrote:

So, did I get it right, this unit is only acquired by doing Operation tasks? And will these new Unit Cards be able to used in all rounds or just in the round where you got them?
      Fortunately, I've yet to see people do much to engage with the operations so hopefully this will have very little impact on the game. Gold Users are themselves rare enough. And this unit will probably have minimal use compared to tactical bombers or mech/regular infantry anyway. To quote Lord Kitchener, a pretty mechanical toy.
      Finally, as Pan-Asian can apparently have them, did the British use the Crocodile in the Far East? I know the Matilda was used in Burma but IDK how the Japanese would get them?
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• I thought that I would be happy when Bytro added something to the game. However, they have still managed to disappoint me. This game is a strategy game, not a tactics game. Every unit represents thousands of soldiers or hundreds of tanks. Flame tanks were not in their own separate units, and they weren’t even used extensively. This just makes the game more pay to win. You had a good thing, Bytro. You just had to ruin it.
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE BOATS?
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE LOGS?
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • BrutusTrump wrote:

I thought that I would be happy when Bytro added something to the game. However, they have still managed to disappoint me. This game is a strategy game, not a tactics game. Every unit represents thousands of soldiers or hundreds of tanks. Flame tanks were not in their own separate units, and they weren’t even used extensively. This just makes the game more pay to win. You had a good thing, Bytro. You just had to ruin it.
      Come on guys! What about the Cook Islands?! What about Samoa? What about all the Micronesian islands? Give Spain a city in Equatorial Guinea! Zanzibar! Easter island! Greenland should have a city! Sicily too! The Soviets need more! Africa needs way more! Caribbean islands man! Ethiopia! Give Luxembourg 50 units to represent their power! Give Tanna Tuva 35 units to represent their power! Put more rural provinces in Canadas north! Add Antarctica to the map! Make Santas Northern empire a playable country in Christmas! Add Autumn leaves effects in thanksgiving! Give Luxembourg nukes to represent their power! Give Tanna Tuva 10 maxed bombers of all types to represent their power! Make Italian Ethiopia independent! French Algeria and Italian Libya too! Give Malta a city! Make The Palmas have a city! Add Atlantis as a secret playable faction you can unlock! Make the US have more resources! Formable nations!!! Make France auto surrender if you take Paris! Give German empire crazy secret wunderwaffern wonder waffles! Make it so units gain a bonus if they go to Brazil! Allow German empire to go to Argentina and/or added Antarctica if they lose! Add the Sun as a playable faction! Add the moon as a playable faction! Add the Stars as Artificial Intelligence players! Add a secret eldritch god unit that Luxembourg can summon on command for realism! Give Tanna tuva A secret elderich god unit they can summon on command for realism! Add a bear unit for Poland! Make the northern parts of the Nordic countries non-cores because of the Sami! Give the US a 50% military and economic debuff at the start of the game that slowly wears off because Great Depression! Make Italy suck at everything! Allow Japan to have true and better kamakazi units! Let the Soviet Union have infinite unit spam if they are attacked by a major! Give Spain damaged buildings to represent the Spanish civil wars! Make New Zealand playable! Give New Zealand a god unit named the Bob semple that is an unstoppable force! Make the Swiss ai never declare war on anyone! Give the UK a fleet buff! Give Germany a buff if fighting on North Africa! Make evil Halloween pumpkins and monsters attack near Halloween times! Make it so Muslim armies don’t need food during Ramadan for upkeep or production! Make it so random enemy militia spawn in Yugoslavia, France, Poland, Soviet Union, etc… when they at war even if they are completely taken! Give Greece an bonus when fighting Italy! Give Romania, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Persia, USSR, US, Venezuela, all more oil! Make it so around St.Patrick’s day pots of gold under big pretty rainbows will spawn across the world that give 1k gold if taken! Change all the starting relations between countries (including ai) to more realistic ones! Make Japan auto surrender if Hiroshima and Nagasaki are nuked and Manchuko is taken by someone at war with them! Add aliens that abduct units every once in a while! Give South East Asia more resources, like core level resources! Add Emu units to Australia! Make it so suddenly Luxembourg and Tanna Tuva will finally launch their great and unstoppable invasions of the world setting up a final battle that will reveal the destiny of the entire universe and change the course of history and reality for all time!!!
      — Marshal Foch

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• Why does this have 16 damage with 60 HP anyway? That's comparable to mechanised infantry level 3 or 4 which is kind of ridiculous.
      Although I am not necessarily against the unit I think this should be nerfed.
      — Marshal Foch

• I just watched the video!

WE ARE LITERALLY GONNA BE ABLE TO DEPLOY UNITS! PARAAS, SP ROCKET ARTY, HEAVIES!

WHAAT AARE THE DAMN DEVS DOING!

I will leave this game if it comes into effect
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • Of course, IF it takes place and changes the game so far,I mean. Just that being able to spawn units (probably anywhere in your country that you want) would be a final straw, especially a very powerful unit that no one else can have. The game really is pretty decent as things are. I’m not complaining about a new unit, but at least make it usable for the freemium players, and don’t boost the paying ones even more!

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate