A new tool in the arsenal - Get Ready for the Flame Tank!​

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Donk2.0 wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Im saving mine for a RP i have one day when i build up like 70 of them ill just spam them and rush for the funny
      Then one day they do end up adding it to the main tech tree and your saving up has been pretty much useless.
      Not even close, they'll still be deployable cards, so i can slap them down free and fast
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Im saving mine for a RP i have one day when i build up like 70 of them ill just spam them and rush for the funny
      Thank you for pointing out the problem with cards and free gold. You can just stockpile them and drop them all at once. I have a fairly large stockpile myself since my alliance takes a no first use approach with gold/cards and I've been preparing for and playing primarily in gold checked games lately anyway.

While I appreciate Bytro trying to think outside the box to solve problems with player becoming inactive at great rates, sadly I think their solution will only make the problem worse. Players join games for a variety of reasons, but I think the majority still do to play this as a strategy game. When you see in the newspaper players being attacked by tactical bomber wings hours into a game, it stinks of someone buying a win. Suspicion runs so deep anymore that in virtually every recent game I've joined on recreational maps I get accused of using gold. Sometimes fairly comically. I try to take it as a compliment, but it just reminds me the challenges in keeping players interested when they think others are buying a win. Instead of watching what good players do, most new players just cry gold and quit. Probably because it's difficult for new players to tell the difference and since gold/card use has become so common. Adding more cards will probably just make the problem worse.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Thank you for pointing out the problem with cards and free gold. You can just stockpile them and drop them all at once. I have a fairly large stockpile myself since my alliance takes a no first use approach with gold/cards and I've been preparing for and playing primarily in gold checked games lately anyway.
      While I appreciate Bytro trying to think outside the box to solve problems with player becoming inactive at great rates, sadly I think their solution will only make the problem worse. Players join games for a variety of reasons, but I think the majority still do to play this as a strategy game. When you see in the newspaper players being attacked by tactical bomber wings hours into a game, it stinks of someone buying a win. Suspicion runs so deep anymore that in virtually every recent game I've joined on recreational maps I get accused of using gold. Sometimes fairly comically. I try to take it as a compliment, but it just reminds me the challenges in keeping players interested when they think others are buying a win. Instead of watching what good players do, most new players just cry gold and quit. Probably because it's difficult for new players to tell the difference and since gold/card use has become so common. Adding more cards will probably just make the problem worse.
      I mean, you win some you lose some. Remember back in the day when whales were such a big issue, that no-one could play? They technically fixed the problem, by making gold easily accessible and even adding cards (altho it's a bandage solution). They "fixed" the buying of wins by allowing multiple players to buy wins, using gold, rss cards and now unit cards (I don't doubt they'll monetize it somehow, it's almost guaranteed). I do agree with your sentiment tho, now most players cry gold every time they get beaten, even tho only legit tactics are used. They then use gold or cards, prompting the good player to do so as well, then say "I told you so!" and quit the game. There must be a better solution than more cards IMO.
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • I think most players use gold/boosters now. They're just so terrible that it goes unnoticed. Then they whine about other people's gold use (hilariously, even when no gold or boosters have been used), not realizing that the problem is their own lack of skill.

I've also had a no first use policy, and no use at all if they're bad, so now I've got over a million built up and months worth of boosters, and I honestly don't know how or when I would ever use it. Same with the flame tank tbh, I'll probably just hoard that too.
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

My plan? Build up the hoard, wait for maps like ACAI, pick something like Luxembourg, then blow it all on building a horrifically powerful army, play solo against the whole map. Sounds fun!
      The one good thing about flame tanks
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7