A new tool in the arsenal - Get Ready for the Flame Tank!​

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Donk2.0 wrote:

We shall see if they will make operations available to all, I think they will. Thats the main component.
      Even if they do make operations available to all, this is way too gimmicky for this game. It might not be pay to win, but it will be a massive step back for realism.
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE BOATS?
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE LOGS?
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • how the hell did san arta become a brigadier-
      Oh
      genz is here again
      "Hate, union, freedom, justice, equality, war, peace, violence, blood. It is but a perfect mixture on destiny and our lives. It is for the mass we trust and for the mass we contribute, or to selfishly to personal greed we follow, it is up to your choices on what mixture you want. My mixture is a bit of everything with madness and humility in it, the virtues will black and sinful, just like I per say." - Kaiser Luther Ernst Willienburg.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

If this unit can't be researched and produced normally with the only way get them is through cards, this is a step further in the direction of pay to win. The only way I've seen for these operations is to spend money on gold and stuff like that.
      When we released the Operations feature a few weeks ago, we always stated that we are planning to add more tasks to it. The Flame Tank release comes with additional new Tasks to the Operations system, that will make it acceisble to all players, as it will provide XP by simply playing the game. You gain XP for surviving in a match, rewarding activity in matches, and conquering provinces.

We made an entire video just on that matter:

Ostenfeldt wrote:

So, did I get it right, this unit is only acquired by doing Operation tasks?

And will these new Unit Cards be able to used in all rounds or just in the round where you got them?
      Unit Cards are added to your inventory when you get them. You can use them in any game round, just like Boosters.

Torspo2 wrote:

Disgusting. Give golders toys to P2W even harder <X :cursing: And the damn thing was brought in in 1944 so it better not deploy before day 20! I really hate this and it's another nail to the coffin for this greedy company.

Stop playing around and ban the dual/multi accounters.
      With the Flame Tank release Operations will also get new taks to gain XP by simply playing the game. Also, the Flame Tank will be available with different levels, so you cannot use overpowered units in the early game.

NEPTUNE the great wrote:

You need to add operations to PC. Like REALLY need to.
      Operations is available on PC as well. You find Operations in the top right corner of your screen.

Lord Crayfish wrote:

Honestly the existence of flamethrower tanks is cool in itself but a) they'd probably already exist in armoured formations, making them redundant, b) having them exclusively available via operations is an obvious cash grab and a slippery slope to other units as @_Pyth0n_ said above, too much like Conflict of Nations. CoN a good game itself and all, but we don't need to become the same.
      Or maybe I'm just overly conservative, inflexible, and xenophobic.

That said I'm glad the devs have added a new secret unit and I like the idea. I'm not sure I like the execution though.
      I would be so bold as to say that ideally certain doctrines would have unique secret tech units only they can make but exist on the tech tree. But I don't think that is compatible with the CoW we know and love.

Ostenfeldt wrote:

So, did I get it right, this unit is only acquired by doing Operation tasks? And will these new Unit Cards be able to used in all rounds or just in the round where you got them?
      Fortunately, I've yet to see people do much to engage with the operations so hopefully this will have very little impact on the game. Gold Users are themselves rare enough. And this unit will probably have minimal use compared to tactical bombers or mech/regular infantry anyway. To quote Lord Kitchener, a pretty mechanical toy....
      Finally, as Pan-Asian can apparently have them, did the British use the Crocodile in the Far East? I know the Matilda was used in Burma but IDK how the Japanese would get them?
      I much appreciate your feedback on the Flame Tank and its implementation.
      Regarding the the unit being available exclusively in Operations and the Cash Grab claim, I would like to repeat what I mentioned in my reply to 6th Dragon, there are new tasks for Operations that are released with the Flame Tank that give Operations XP for staying active in-game rounds, and for conquering provinces.

We always wanted to make Operations accessible to as many players as possible, and always stated that we would add new tasks to it. I do understand the original concern, but I believe this goes in the right direction to make Operations something everyone can participate in and gives additional incentive to stay active in-game rounds, even if a player might not see a chance to win anymore if surviving just one more day gives him or her a reward in Operations, he or she might have the incentive to put up an additional effort and fight to give their enemy a fun challenge in the match.

Lord Crayfish wrote:

Why does this have 16 damage with 60 HP anyway? That's comparable to mechanised infantry level 3 or 4 which is kind of ridiculous.
      Although I am not necessarily against the unit I think this should be nerfed.
      The unit comes in different levels, and depending on the level the stats and the moment it can be deployed in a match differ.

Carking the 6th wrote:

Ah great, so people will be able to pull out multiple units from their ass at will? I think I may leave the conventional game as well. Stick to forum games like these.
      There are quite some limitations on the deployment. You can only deploy one unit per province for example. When a unit is deployed, it takes a while to mobilize. While a unit is mobilizing, you cannot deploy another unit in the same province.
      You can also only deploy units in your own province, and in provinces that are not under attack.

Donk2.0 wrote:

We shall see if they will make operations available to all, I think they will. Thats the main component.
      With the new tasks added to Operations on Wednesday, October 4th, players will be able to gain XP by surviving in matches and by conquering provinces, that will make Operations accessible to every player.
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • Arcorian wrote:

Operations is available on PC as well. You find Operations in the top right corner of your screen.
      It's there, but it's currently empty. Will we have to wait till the Flame Tank is released, or will operations be made available earlier? The video states Oct 4, but it's a bit confusing; are operations being made available that day, or Flame Tanks, or both? And will there be more operations in the future, or are we limited to those two mentioned in the video?

Arcorian wrote:

There are quite some limitations on the deployment. You can only deploy one unit per province for example. When a unit is deployed, it takes a while to mobilize. While a unit is mobilizing, you cannot deploy another unit in the same province.
      You can also only deploy units in your own province, and in provinces that are not under attack.
      Mate, I think the biggest concern is that those spending money will have an advantage over non-spenders. Are unit cards obtainable only through operations. If not, then are the mentioned limitations applied to bought unit cards as well (I'd assume they are, but clarification is always nice ^^)

BrutusTrump wrote:

Donk2.0 wrote:

Even if they do make operations available to all, this is way too gimmicky for this game. It might not be pay to win, but it will be a massive step back for realism.
      This is also an interesting point; even if the Unit Card/Operations system is to promote activity, then the trade-off is a bit detrimental. The whole strategy aspect of the game is undercut with the ability to drop a unit in some far-away province nowhere near to any cities for mobilization. I understand there are limitations, but I (and the rest of the community, I presume) are hesitant to accept such changes without intensive playtesting. As a Frontline Pioneer, I was equally as surprised to hear this news as a regular player. Such radical changes, I feel, should be tested more in Beta games, or made aware to the community much sooner before they plan to release it.

The situation is comparable to when CoW 1.5 dropped, or even 2.0. Many are against it at first, but grew to accept it. I just hope that the same goes for the introduction of Unit Cards. Before this announcement, I would say CoW is 99% perfect (there are small issues, but most players can look over it). I worry this new feature will ruin the precarious balance that 1.5 gameplay brought and the minor rebalancing changes have almost perfected.
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • I have a suggestion about this new fire tank:
      (You can ignore it because it needs effort)

It is quite weird for players to use crocodile for every forces, so I suggest using different types of flamethrower tanks to represent different forces:

Soviet Union: KV-8 OT34...
      Allies: Crocodile M3A1Satan T33 M4A3R3...
      Asian: No flame tanks at all
      Germany: Sd.Kfz141/3
    • I feel a bit rude not saying thanks to Mr Community Manager here, so thanks for the clarification.

But do please respond to my points...I feel those questions should be answered :)
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7