World at War - Day 1 - Advice.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• World at War - Day 1 - Advice.

Day 2 just started. 100 player map. I’m Upper Volta. Nat China has 16 cities in less than 24 h. He has a 5:1 Kill Ratio and 193 wins in 209 games. He has 2nd economy.

First: To me this is a Gold/Booster Abuser. In game and historically.

Board: Agree or disagree?

He’s far away. And he has a huge amount of competition in Asia. Many active good players in the game all over except for Africa and Europe - giddy up! My only 2 allies are really great and really close. French Sudan and Mauritiana.

So all good. Again board please help: since I’ve only played 30 or so serious games I need some advice - Nat China’s stats scream buying wins. Agree or disagree?

thanks in advance. Game seems like a good one. Lots of active, chatty and good stat players. Should be fun.

I’ll use this thread for updates.
    • I would say that a lot of players may look like golders, but they are in reality very good strategists who just know how to win and expand extremely quickly. Having said that, 16 cities in <24 hours is a huge amount! It's very possible that he's golding, using alt accounts, or using boosters. I would say that you should try to expand as fast as possible within your continent, along with your allies - get as strong as you can and then gang up on him with like 4 other people. If he's alone, you should win, provided he's not spending millions or anything.

Best of luck!
      Have a blessed day <3
    • SamPGS_17 wrote:

I would say that a lot of players may look like golders, but they are in reality very good strategists who just know how to win and expand extremely quickly. Having said that, 16 cities in <24 hours is a huge amount! It's very possible that he's golding, using alt accounts, or using boosters. I would say that you should try to expand as fast as possible within your continent, along with your allies - get as strong as you can and then gang up on him with like 4 other people. If he's alone, you should win, provided he's not spending millions or anything.

Best of luck!
      I’d like to like this post… like 10 times. Thanks! I also like to beat golders. Or at least finish second and know they burned a ton of cash.

Again, I’m new to this game but have been a serious war game player since I was a wee lad 50 years ago. Yeah, before Pong. Avalon Hill Board Games and Risk… a lot of Risk.

I really like this game. But I know what I don’t know. Thanks for helping.
    • Day 3 just started. Asia is full of Whales. 10-12, maybe more. Quebec has eastern N America, BC/Cali have western. Maranhao and Sao Paola seem to have S America. Romania and Yugo seem to have control of Southern Europe but are slow. All other Euro players seem lost. Australia is a disaster and Africa is mostly noobs/inactives. The only active decent players are at war - Angola, SW Africa vs S Africa. Libya is caught between my alliance and Yugo. Saudi Arabia is a Brig general with great stats, he’s sitting at 170. I’m at 110.

Lots of active players. Looks like a fun game ahead.

I have invested heavily in naval and AirPower. Only other unit I’m making is AC now. Most Infantry lvl 2 though but no barracks.

Recruiting stations and industry dominating construction. Although I have 1 each of a lvl 2 Port, tank and air factory. Researching lvl 2 Tacs and Carriers (8 NBs can be devastating). Next research is ACs. Then I’ll pause on research and use resources on upgrades and construction.

1st Fleet is 3 BS, 3 Cruisers, 1 sub, 1 destroyer and 2 carriers. Carriers Fully Loaded with 4 naval bombers. All lvl 1.

Air Force is 9 Tacs, 1 fighter and the NBs listed above.

I’ll post a map later. Getting errors on my phone App.

Cheers!
    • NickXXXNick wrote:

Day 2 just started. 100 player map. I’m Upper Volta. Nat China has 16 cities in less than 24 h. He has a 5:1 Kill Ratio and 193 wins in 209 games. He has 2nd economy.

First: To me this is a Gold/Booster Abuser. In game and historically.

Board: Agree or disagree?

He’s far away. And he has a huge amount of competition in Asia. Many active good players in the game all over except for Africa and Europe - giddy up! My only 2 allies are really great and really close. French Sudan and Mauritiana.

So all good. Again board please help: since I’ve only played 30 or so serious games I need some advice - Nat China’s stats scream buying wins. Agree or disagree?

thanks in advance. Game seems like a good one. Lots of active, chatty and good stat players. Should be fun.

I’ll use this thread for updates.
      Hmm, to add to what Sam said:

I don't play much World at War, but 10 whales in a single lobby, let alone the same continent, is absurd. Not sure if its normal, but some good news. Those whales will start fighting each other and either going inactive out of frustration or burning through resources whilst you can build up industry and expand your territory.

My key advice is this; don't get too flustered with countries expanding rapidly. Sooner or later, only a couple powers will remain in Asia, and by then you will have expanded your empire to be able to fight the potential golders. I recommend a heavy focus on industry and RCs, along with gradual expansion. And perhaps find some more allies.

For units, prolly get some ints. You'll need them for scouting and active AA. More navy isn't necessary, I think (if you're active enough). Just churn out NBs. For ground units, you should prolly get LTs to fight any enemy ACs.

Also, if you could send the game ID, we can spectate the map (I do wanna see how big these potential whales are, and even perhaps see if their wolfpacking or using alts)
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Start of Day 6. My coalition team mates suck and have gone inactive. I even suspect two members are actually one player using 2 accounts. He still sucks and I’ve reported him. I’m loosely allied with S Arabia and S Africa. The Asian whales are down to 5 so the rest of the world is looking to hold strong and potentially just work together to stop them.

N America and S America have settled into their top 5 and they’re all pretty good players with stats to back that up. I’m a bit in trouble because my old and new allies nearby are all so/so. Although, S Africa has like 30 planes (half fighters) and S Arabia has 20 lvl 2 AA and a decent navy. I’m happy with my army, air force and navy… but I’ve got very little support nearby. I have 20 ships all lvl 2 and 20+ planes. Mostly lvl 2 Tacs and N bombers. Building fighters and rocket fighters now. Fun game because many good/active players and a lot of trash talking. British Odisha has landed in Somalia but it appears to be a token force.

Start of Day 6 Map below.

• Start of Day 7. The world takes shape

The Asian Whales (Nat China, Korea, Ma Clique and Volga Perm have been neutralized by my new allies in Europe and by me in Africa (my 2 guys went bot at change of day).

The battling started when Volga Perm attacked Romania with a swarm of lvl 1 Med tanks stacked with lvl 2 AA and various other nasty bits. 70 armies came across Romania’s Eastern Front. Romania has 3 rail guns and fell back deep to stack and counter. Greece who was busy cleaning up former ally/now bot Yugoslavia still sent his 30 lvl 1 planes to assist. At this point V Perm had 2 7 stacks of Lvl 3 Tacs arrive too. Hell of a battle but now Rom/Gre have taken the upper hand and starting to Push into VP disrupting the global balance of power in just over 2-3 hours.

To the south British Odisha’s expedition force was expelled from Somalia and has 10 units trapped there with my Upper Volta forces closing in. He can’t go to sea and there’s nowhere to run. I’m pushing my fleets towards Odisha but holding off on an invasion force while I clean up Africa. My former allies have 22 cities between them. I got a peek at British Odisha’s navy and it’s garbage. I want to sink it and then attack over land through Saudi Arabia while my ships harass the coastal provinces.

The rest of the world is pretty peaceful. In N America Quebec, Kentucky, British Columbia, Cali and the 2 Mexicos are just grinding and building. KY and Cali have taken Hawaii, Midway and Johnston and are fighting Nat China (1st place 500 points) who is island hopping and just entered SW Aus. New Zealand has rest of Aus so this dust up should get interesting.

South America also has 6 nations left and all peaceful so far. A diplomatic envoy from S America (a 3 star brig general of Maranhao) offered a continental non-aggression while they go finish some business up north and I will use this pact to move my fleets from my coast. He and I have been chatting since day 1 so if he doublecrosses me, oh well- hat tip/ Touche’ etc etc

Africa and Europe came together to expel VP and BO but we’re still a bit of a hodge podge of loosely affiliated noobs, semi-actives and marginally talented players. Which is why I stay in touch with Maranhao.

The Asian whales are definitely golding but I’ve seen a lot worse. Odisha did gold up a lvl 2 air strip and a lvl 2 ordinance factory with 5 brand new AA after my 2 little Strat bombers (that took >10 hours to make and get there) vaporized his air field in Somalia putting his 6 lvl 3 Tacs in trucks. My Tacs were just about to bomb those and other units into oblivion so that kind of burned my bacon. I killed about 10 units and another 8-10 are trapped and will soon be dead.

A key feature of the game so far is that the Asian Whales are constantly trash talking in the paper. They’ve gone quite quiet since day break.

Map to follow.

The post was edited 1 time, last by NickXXXNick ().