Fix Army Management

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Fix Army Management

Once you get over 150 units, managing your army becomes futile as the management tab can't effectively do it's job. I suggest the ability to have advanced splitting options for your entire military depending on level, armor type, branch, etc. I also think that we should be able to categorize divisions as fronts, branches, and special groups (e.g. expeditionary force)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Commander Schleicher ().

• I guess that works, but you're completely forgetting the fact that larger armies are stationed over large distances. Doing that trick you will be guaranteed to select the wrong units in certain areas and in bad cases make your country vulnerable. Not to mention that splitting units I can't see their HP, status, or location as you would be able to by sorting them in the armies tab. That's not even the only part of what I'm taking about either, army management is super bad in my opinion and sometimes takes a long time.
    • Commander Schleicher wrote:

Once you get more than 150 units in your military, it becomes almost impossible to effectively manage them on the battlefield. I suggest that the army management tab should have more advanced options to split any unit depending on it's class or type. I also think that you should be able to separate huge groups of units via labeling them as an expeditionary force, defense force, and any other branch of the military such as the army, navy, and the air force.
      Freaking genius!

What I have been advocating for for a loong time.

I want to create armies.

Like 1st army etc

Each manageable alone
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • I think having the option to label armies (from a limited list to prevent inappropriate names) would be a really cool addition. As Zhukov said, stuff like ‘1st Imperial Army’ or ‘Grande Armée’ if you want to role play Napoleon as Fr*nce.

As for managing them, I’m not clear on what you mean by your original post - could you or anyone else explain more simply how you could do this? Blame me for being stupid and having a cold so my brain is slow, but I appreciate it :)
      Have a blessed day <3
    • Ok, as far as I understand, It owuld be like setting up a front in HOI4

I pick 7 or 8 divisions, name the 1st aermy.

When I go to army organization tab, i can pick which army to check.
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • TheZhukov wrote:

Ok, as far as I understand, It owuld be like setting up a front in HOI4

I pick 7 or 8 divisions, name the 1st aermy.

When I go to army organization tab, i can pick which army to check.
      Oh I see. Yes, that would be very helpful - organising them by name, then looking in the armies bar (which already exists) so you can know where all the armies are and organise them from there etc. I like it.
      Have a blessed day <3
    • Epik suggestion.
      Eastern Certified
      "Hate, union, freedom, justice, equality, war, peace, violence, blood. It is but a perfect mixture on destiny and our lives. It is for the mass we trust and for the mass we contribute, or to selfishly to personal greed we follow, it is up to your choices on what mixture you want. My mixture is a bit of everything with madness and humility in it, the virtues will black and sinful, just like I per say." - Kaiser Luther Ernst Willienburg.
    • Commander Schleicher wrote:

Once you get over 150 units, managing your army becomes futile as the management tab can't effectively do it's job. I suggest the ability to have advanced splitting options for your entire military depending on level, armor type, branch, etc. I also think that we should be able to categorize divisions as fronts, branches, and special groups (e.g. expeditionary force)
      This man keeps thinking of some really good ideas.
      President of The Forum.

(As elected October 2023).

Can be found on Call of War itself as "Zaktty".
    • and if it get even more late game (commitern with 400-600 units for example)
      combine armies into theaters
      "Hate, union, freedom, justice, equality, war, peace, violence, blood. It is but a perfect mixture on destiny and our lives. It is for the mass we trust and for the mass we contribute, or to selfishly to personal greed we follow, it is up to your choices on what mixture you want. My mixture is a bit of everything with madness and humility in it, the virtues will black and sinful, just like I per say." - Kaiser Luther Ernst Willienburg.
    • Yeah stuff like that is what I want to be organized. From a German Perspective in say 1944, you would have fronts or theaters such as the Western Front, Italian Front, Eastern Front, and all the areas in between such as Army Group North, Centre, and South. Also having separated units based off type, level, and class. Selecting your entire navy, army, air force, etc.
    • A suggestion I made years ago:

Army HQ's

Never got picked up unfortunately, I still think stuff like this could liven up the game.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Perhaps having the units default into stacks on their own with a default to max stack. Once that max is hit the units should auto divide into 10 unit stacks. I personally do not see a benefit in the system allowing stacks for higher than what can deal damage.

You could also have commander default set so that your units act in a way you like all the time.