Is mechanized infantry + tank destroyer a good stack?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Eh RRG stacks are slow and a smart player should be able to hold them off long enough for nukes to be researched. I usually have a gargantuan surplus of RMs when I play so that does not affect me that much either. In late game, they can definitely be countered. And it is possible to reach late game…

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Eh RRG stacks are slow and a smart player should be able to hold them off long enough for nukes to be researched. I usually have a gargantuan surplus of RMs when I play so that does not affect me that much either. In late game, they can definitely be countered. And it is possible to reach late game…
      Mm in the hands of the right players, the LTs and ACs would overwhelm your cores whilst you having to buy time to research nukes. Unless you're allies, I doubt you'll have enough breathing room, not to mention econ and mil sab spies in your RM cities will wreak havoc.
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Counter espionage, the ocean, using their own tactics against them, etc can all contribute. Just like a good play can make it impossible, a good play can also make it possible. The RRG meta has counters!
      Mm, but 1. counter espionage is very unreliable, 2. the ocean can only get you so far (maybe a 3-day delay, max), and 3. you just joined the meta, instead of beating it. The RRG meta has no true counters, my friend :)
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Counter espionage can still waste their money, either way eco sabo has never had an impact for me in any games. Get a fleet and naval bombers and the enemy Guns become useless. Rushing around them, catching them deep in mountain provinces with melee, overwhelming them with plane spam and others can all work.

Basically it may be all around good against all strategies, but if you spec into a lot of one, it can overwhelm them. Stuff works, I’ve destroyed even competent RRG players before. @Fox-Company and I obliterated one without using any guns of our own in a WaW once.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Counter espionage can still waste their money, either way eco sabo has never had an impact for me in any games. Get a fleet and naval bombers and the enemy Guns become useless. Rushing around them, catching them deep in mountain provinces with melee, overwhelming them with plane spam and others can all work.

Basically it may be all around good against all strategies, but if you spec into a lot of one, it can overwhelm them. Stuff works, I’ve destroyed even competent RRG players before. @Fox-Company and I obliterated one without using any guns of our own in a WaW once.
      I can obliterate anything with the 50 or so nukes i made that match XD
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

The most fun part was constantly nuking the shit out of every stack Venezuela sent. They kept sending more, and we just nuked the hell out them lol
      Fr, i nuked so many of his plane and ship stacks and he was so pissed he started getting angry in Newspaper, for the price of about 5 nukes i killed 100+ of his units or assisted in killing them
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • -BLOOP- wrote:

Would 5 mech inf + 5 td be a good general stack?
      Adding mech inf in mix with highly defensive unit like TD is only doable if making 10/10 stacks.
      And what you going to do defend the whole game?

Armoured car, available earlier then mech inf and doesn't eat your food away, doesn't require separate production building etc etc.

And even that doesn't cut it if you don't use spa with the stack.

Armoured car,sp artillery and tank destroyer is only correct way. You can add spaa to the mix or rush research for max AC. 10 in the stack will have roughly 100 AA defence but I always add spaa .
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • Suna232 wrote:

-BLOOP- wrote:

Adding mech inf in mix with highly defensive unit like TD is only doable if making 10/10 stacks.And what you going to do defend the whole game?

Armoured car, available earlier then mech inf and doesn't eat your food away, doesn't require separate production building etc etc.

Armoured car,sp artillery and tank destroyer is only correct way. You can add spaa to the mix or rush research for max AC. 10 in the stack will have roughly 100 AA defence but I always add spaa .
      You got a point... td is just a defensive unit and to spend so much on a defensive unit is just like acknowledging that your enemy is stronger than you and you need to go all out defense
      "Another thing that has escaped your notice, Gisgo, is even more amazing: that, although there are so many of them, there is not one among them called Gisgo."
    • Nobodyx2 wrote:

Suna232 wrote:

-BLOOP- wrote:

Adding mech inf in mix with highly defensive unit like TD is only doable if making 10/10 stacks.And what you going to do defend the whole game?

You got a point... td is just a defensive unit and to spend so much on a defensive unit is just like acknowledging that your enemy is stronger than you and you need to go all out defense
      I love defensive units but mixed with range units
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • that atleast makes some sense, why'd you make so much of armored units without even a single unarmored? atleast give potential attack bombers some difficulty in destroying u lol
      "Another thing that has escaped your notice, Gisgo, is even more amazing: that, although there are so many of them, there is not one among them called Gisgo."
    • Nobodyx2 wrote:

that atleast makes some sense, why'd you make so much of armored units without even a single unarmored? atleast give potential attack bombers some difficulty in destroying u lol
      When doing such layout my stack is ~1700hp with north of a hundred AA defence,and if on hills over 200.

Medium armoured units aren't as weak to attack bombers as heavy ones are and as my stacks go 30 medium / 10 heavy armoured units you are looking at 75%/25% damage distribution

First aircraft I am making and lead leveling is interceptor aswell.

If you ever stumble upon me in the game and it is past day 5 be sure that I have 0 unarmoured and prep all attacking bombers you can produce.
      Won't help ya :)
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • Suna232 wrote:

Nobodyx2 wrote:

that atleast makes some sense, why'd you make so much of armored units without even a single unarmored? atleast give potential attack bombers some difficulty in destroying u lol
      When doing such layout my stack is ~1700hp with north of a hundred AA defence,and if on hills over 200.
      Medium armoured units aren't as weak to attack bombers as heavy ones are and as my stacks go 30 medium / 10 heavy armoured units you are looking at 75%/25% damage distribution

If you ever stumble upon me in the game and it is past day 5 be sure that I have 0 unarmoured and prep all attacking bombers you can produce.
      What about the default infantry you get at the start? do you send em to the chopping block *skull*
    • Nobodyx2 wrote:

Suna232 wrote:

Nobodyx2 wrote:

When doing such layout my stack is ~1700hp with north of a hundred AA defence,and if on hills over 200.Medium armoured units aren't as weak to attack bombers as heavy ones are and as my stacks go 30 medium / 10 heavy armoured units you are looking at 75%/25% damage distribution

What about the default infantry you get at the start? do you send em to the chopping block *skull*
      Core or shoreline defence
      And I ment 0 in terms of production as I am making rocket artillery and artillery in first 5 days or soo.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна