Modern META

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Complete noob. Just tryin to figure it all out.

Takeaways from the thread:
      RRG + AA is Meta

No counter meta exists (fundamentally beats meta but looses to mish mash of units)

NB > Navy, Subs > Navy, Navy only if location makes it absolutely necessary, and then loose so much res an time that it again renders mostly irrelevant.

Scouts vs Stealth <-- anywhere this can be seen as a chart???

And a personal request to the experienced hands, a few minutes of your time and a PM,

Current Stack 2 AC, 8 Mech, 6 SPAA, 6 SPG, 8 TD, 10 SPRA. cost to usefulness seems high, easier to assemble pieces of in early mid and by late mid very dangerous, able to split for meat, or fracture to absorb territory, and keep pretty mobile.
      Please help me understand the weaknesses and counters for this style. So far, as an active, very few answers seem to work against it till late game RRG stacks, but by then my res production is 2x or greater than the opponents, nukes are inbound, and my mobility is still higher.
    • Frederichdergrosse wrote:

Complete noob. Just tryin to figure it all out.

Takeaways from the thread:
      RRG + AA is Meta

No counter meta exists (fundamentally beats meta but looses to mish mash of units)

NB > Navy, Subs > Navy, Navy only if location makes it absolutely necessary, and then loose so much res an time that it again renders mostly irrelevant.

Scouts vs Stealth <-- anywhere this can be seen as a chart???

And a personal request to the experienced hands, a few minutes of your time and a PM,

Current Stack 2 AC, 8 Mech, 6 SPAA, 6 SPG, 8 TD, 10 SPRA. cost to usefulness seems high, easier to assemble pieces of in early mid and by late mid very dangerous, able to split for meat, or fracture to absorb territory, and keep pretty mobile.
      Please help me understand the weaknesses and counters for this style. So far, as an active, very few answers seem to work against it till late game RRG stacks, but by then my res production is 2x or greater than the opponents, nukes are inbound, and my mobility is still higher.
      Er, this thread is outdated, so key takeaways are:
      • RRG meta is dead since it got split into 2 levels, meaning only the higher level is as effective as the old RRG, so it just costs way more and isn't worth it, unless you're playing hyper-competitive (which is frankly unnecessary)
      • AA is just as useful as ever, so always keep its research up-to-date at the very least, in case you have enemies with large air forces you can either combine them with existing stacks or keep them in cities to deter strategic bombers
      • There is no current meta in place at the moment, as many strategies are in play. Just remember to try and use these units: AC/mot inf, LTs, artillery/SP arty (only as Allies for SP arty, and even that's situational), inf, AA (especially against active players), ints, tacs/ABs, plus other units that only work in specific doctrines, such as RA/SPRA for Comintern and TDs for Allies. The best way to learn which units fit your playstyle is to test them yourself.
      • In general, for the navy, CVs with NB/int stacks for main anti-fleet action, whilst BBs, CCs, and DDs are used to bombard shores and protect the CVs. Subs are useful for convoy hunting, but it is better to invest in NBs for dedicated anti-naval. Just remember, always research NBs and cruisers on day 1 (unless you're landlocked, but that goes without saying), and you're good on the navy front early game. Destroyers are just glorified sonar buoys, and battleships for the ranged bombardment and decent anti-naval damage, especially as Pan-Asian
      Not sure what you mean by the "chart" for scout and stealth?

And for your stack composition, do you want your answer in a direct conversation? I mean, sure, I can (not now lol), but I think everyone would benefit if you got your answer here. Your choice ^^
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • I am fine with it here, that is not a concern. I expect it to evolve as I gain experience. Primarily I play Allies, and to date have enjoyed the SPG/SPRA combo for the same effects as the AB/TB groups. Splitting off and having mobile meat shields, plus leaving supply alone for the propeganda spam, left me with mech as the way to go. AA is a requirement, and TDs, especially against axis players. Last, the AC for vision.

Chart for understanding via visual means the levels to stealth, who sees what, and to what effect. Is there not a visual guide to understanding stealth as it works currently?