Best country at world at war?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• In my experience, Upper Volta, French Sudan, Goias, New England, Quebec, Tibet, and the Philippines have good records.
      I may or may not be withholding valuable information on certain ones I prefer.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • speak those information than delete them after 3 mins!
      "Hate, union, freedom, justice, equality, war, peace, violence, blood. It is but a perfect mixture on destiny and our lives. It is for the mass we trust and for the mass we contribute, or to selfishly to personal greed we follow, it is up to your choices on what mixture you want. My mixture is a bit of everything with madness and humility in it, the virtues will black and sinful, just like I per say." - Kaiser Luther Ernst Willienburg.
    • My favorites are Alberta and Turkey. Alberta is for Fat Albert reasons, Turkey is because I always play it all the time, but also since it has a great position. You can easily spread to three continents, and I usually don’t have trouble being attacked by many fronts

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Another thing to consider and one of the most important in my opinion is your positioning on the map for morale purposes later in the game. For instance, Australia would never be ideal in my opinion because you have a huge distance to lose morale points from whenever expanding off the continent.

Yes, you can move your capital, but then you have to deal with the distance to capital penalty with your cores. In the later game, dealing with a -20 expansion penalty and -20 distance to capital is very punishing.

Anyways, love Turkey, Syria, Iraq, North Sudan and Nigeria as well as others in that area depending on my doctrine preference.

I also recently played as Illinois for the first time, which has the best rural resource generation for the Allies Doctrine in my opinion (2 goods and 2 rares).
    • GingerParty84 wrote:

Another thing to consider and one of the most important in my opinion is your positioning on the map for morale purposes later in the game. For instance, Australia would never be ideal in my opinion because you have a huge distance to lose morale points from whenever expanding off the continent.

Yes, you can move your capital, but then you have to deal with the distance to capital penalty with your cores. In the later game, dealing with a -20 expansion penalty and -20 distance to capital is very punishing.

Anyways, love Turkey, Syria, Iraq, North Sudan and Nigeria as well as others in that area depending on my doctrine preference.

I also recently played as Illinois for the first time, which has the best rural resource generation for the Allies Doctrine in my opinion (2 goods and 2 rares).
      Are you sure that's Illinois with 2 goods and 2 rare rural provinces? My notes have them with 2 metal and 2 goods. North USA has the rural 2 goods and 2 rare resource combination. I also consider those resources to be the most valuable for how I play allies.

Also with that same combination as allies is California and North Sudan. Both have coastal core cities. North Sudan is nice because you and/or your allies can secure access to the Red Sea and using naval choke points, your coasts are clear.
    • Germany is ironically good for just that reason. As long as you can survive with the players around you, you have a dense area to conquer land. After you finish Europe, you can storm the old world there or go to America easily.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • 6thDragon wrote:

GingerParty84 wrote:

Another thing to consider and one of the most important in my opinion is your positioning on the map for morale purposes later in the game. For instance, Australia would never be ideal in my opinion because you have a huge distance to lose morale points from whenever expanding off the continent.

Are you sure that's Illinois with 2 goods and 2 rare rural provinces? My notes have them with 2 metal and 2 goods. North USA has the rural 2 goods and 2 rare resource combination. I also consider those resources to be the most valuable for how I play allies.
      Also with that same combination as allies is California and North Sudan. Both have coastal core cities. North Sudan is nice because you and/or your allies can secure access to the Red Sea and using naval choke points, your coasts are clear.
      I'm playing as illinois right now and unless I've been up for long enough to start seeing things, it's definitely 2 rare, 2 goods, 1 oil, 1 metal.