Pay to play maps

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Pay to play maps

Hello,

It's really annoying that after just a few days of playing every time 90% of the players turn into AI, even if they weren't defeated and didn't play at all.

I am suggesting a partial pay to play map where :
      1. If you are defeated (you lose all cities you get a button to retire and lose) you get your money back
      2. If the game ends and you are still active and alive you get your money back
      3. If you turn into AI while still having cities you lose the money
      4. If you turn into AI while not having cities and not pressed the button from point 1 you lose the money.
      5. The sign-up/payment should be processed before choosing a country (but before seeing what countries are available if the option choose country is set for the map)
      6. The payment should be not too cheap or too expensive, maybe 10$?

This would make people have a reason to play, lose/win but real money would be at stake and fewer people might leave the map after 48-72 hours.
      Let there be peace

The post was edited 1 time, last by Quickmark ().

• There’s already private games that cost gold that you can join.

Also, it doesn’t make sense to get your money back if you are defeated. Similar to an investment, if it goes bad, you don’t get the money back. But, if it goes well, you can gain profit.
      Looking for improvement.
      :tumbleweed:
    • I like this idea - everything except paying real money. Gold is enough of an incentive for players to not go inactive.

I’ve always advocated that HWW, for example, should cost a little amount of gold to prevent inactivity - people who know me well on forums will know I back this. It doesn’t have to be a lot - perhaps 2,000-4,000 gold which you will get most of back even if you lose. That will go some way to mitigate against players going inactive.

JASLOLY wrote:

There’s already private games that cost gold that you can join.

Also, it doesn’t make sense to get your money back if you are defeated. Similar to an investment, if it goes bad, you don’t get the money back. But, if it goes well, you can gain profit.
      I think players avoid playing private games because they know that there’s always open games which they can join for free. I believe that making all HWW maps cost gold, for example (that being the most popular map in general) will increase activity in these maps.

Also, I disagree with your point on getting your money back - because even if you lose, when you get gold back, that’s your reward for staying active, which is the main goal here where 90% of the map goes inactive.

Overall, I like the suggestion - but would advocate for it costing gold rather than money. Not everyone is willing to spend money!
      Have a blessed day <3
    • I wouldn't be against it costing gold, but I was thinking more as an incentive for people to play even if it's a lost game.
      It's not about wining/losing, it will be about playing. If it's 2-4k gold that wouldn't make someone remain in the game and try their best, that's like 2-3 days worth of daily gold, so almost nothing.
      People that start playing this game will already have 2-3k gold bcs of the first map, and in their 4th day of the game might get bored and not care about 2-3k gold that they got for free either way. This would be more for people that really want an engaging game where people stay and play.

Again, I'm not seeing this as a tournament where the winner takes the money, bcs ppl would just add more gold just to take the $ of the others and will not be newby friendly. The $ should be paid by all the players to bytro and be refunded as soon as the player is defeated or the game ends. The money that ppl lose can go either to the players or bytro I don't really care about what happens with the money that people lose (when turning into AI without getting defeated).

I don't want this to be a tournament, a tournament is for very good players, and people will use more gold to get the prize. This money should be strictly to make sure that people will play and not ruin the game for others.
      Let there be peace
    • I disagree with the money aspect. For HWW, which is what I advocate for, you need to be level 17 and so you’re aware of the benefits of gold. Also, not everyone has access to mobile ads for boosters. As well as this, I think you’re underestimating how many games people join! Some people will just join about 15 HWW games in hope of getting a major, and go inactive in all of them. That’s a lot of gold to waste!

In contrast, very few people would actually be willing to spend money (even refundable money) on a game.
      Have a blessed day <3
    • The vast majority of people don’t want to go through a transaction just to play a single map on a game lol. Literally no one would sign up, especially those that don’t even know the reason this takes place. Just make it cost gold, make sure all active players gain back gold (including those that are killed) and you are good.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

The vast majority of people don’t want to go through a transaction just to play a single map on a game lol. Literally no one would sign up, especially those that don’t even know the reason this takes place. Just make it cost gold, make sure all active players gain back gold (including those that are killed) and you are good.
      I see you have finally come around to my way of thinking! Noble, car.

Also, what’s good about the gold suggestion is that it’s not impossible for Bytro to add it - after all, it may get them more revenue from gold…
      Have a blessed day <3
    • I guess you guys are right, I'm new to the game and as I play on both mobile and desktop I though everyone is watching the adds daily. For me personally (I don't buy gold) gold seems kind of redundant, i always have 20k+ and usually only using it at the start to boom my economy. And by the time ends I have 40-50k and I can start and win another match. A few thousand gold I didn't see as a big deal until now.
      Let there be peace
    • Quickmark wrote:

I guess you guys are right, I'm new to the game and as I play on both mobile and desktop I though everyone is watching the adds daily. For me personally (I don't buy gold) gold seems kind of redundant, i always have 20k+ and usually only using it at the start to boom my economy. And by the time ends I have 40-50k and I can start and win another match. A few thousand gold I didn't see as a big deal until now.
      To most sensible people, it isn’t a lot. You seem to be an intelligent, sensible person.

But in reality, 90% of CoW players just spend all of their gold as soon as they earn it - they need an incentive to save!
      Have a blessed day <3
    • I only use it against golders, dumped 30k on a guy recently

I was crushing him and he begged for mercy, he had betrayed me by supplying my unit composition to other players.

I refused, he started cursing me and golded like 15 ACs. I said oh really. Golded a tank plant, 10 LTs and threw them at him. I won same day. It cost me 30k gold tho because i had to get a level 3 tank plant
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command