Are there player bots in Call of War?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Are there player bots in Call of War?

I'm fighting against someone right now who has the exact same pattern for every attack. he will give an order for his units to march to the border of a province/city, and the split second he arrives at the border he calculates if its safe to enter said province/city and if its safe he will issue a new order to try to capture and if its not safe he will issue an order to retreat to the province he came from. I've seen him do the exact same pattern multiple times now. It feels like I'm fighting against an algorithm instead of a human.

Is this an AI posing as a human that I'm fighting against?

The post was edited 1 time, last by shoreparty ().

• shoreparty wrote:

Thanks for the replies, he is an active player and doesn't have the "player quit" desktop icon. I even messaged his coalition mate and asked if it was a bot I was fighting against and he said no, it's a real player. He just has the exact same tendencies and routines as the AI has i guess.
      Then you're bound to win ;)
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • shoreparty wrote:

I'm fighting against someone right now who has the exact same pattern for every attack. he will give an order for his units to march to the border of a province/city, and the split second he arrives at the border he calculates if its safe to enter said province/city and if its safe he will issue a new order to try to capture and if its not safe he will issue an order to retreat to the province he came from. I've seen him do the exact same pattern multiple times now. It feels like I'm fighting against an algorithm instead of a human.

Is this an AI posing as a human that I'm fighting against?
      What you’re describing is what you can see of the orders his armies have taken. Due to the fog of war, you can only see the line of his armies going up to the very next point - you cannot see where he has been ordered to go further than that.

For example, you see the line/arrow showing where the army has been ordered to go. It just points to the edge of a province, not anywhere further.

When it gets to the border, you see a new line being created immediately. This is because now the unit has crossed the border, you can see his new orders for the next few miles, until a province border, turn in the road, or province centre.

This is even though the other player may have ordered his army to move in one go across a whole continent.

The same is the case for other playing watching your armies - you may have ordered your army to go across 4 provinces, but your enemy cannot see the whole ‘arrow’ of where you plan to go until you reach the province border or centre.

Exceptions to this are when you have a reveal all armies on your enemy, or when a patrolling plane has done a full patrol over an enemy unit. In both these scenarios, you can now see the full ‘arrow’ of where your opponent has been ordered.

I hope this all made sense and helped!
      Have a blessed day <3