Spies Strategy Lotsa Questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Spies Strategy Lotsa Questions

How does the "see all" opportunity (view all army units and movements and intercepted messages) work with spies. I've had it occur using all three espionage options. Is it just random? I think I read once you have a 20% chance...any province or cities work better.

How long does the "see all" movements last? I think 24 hours.

Can you get the "see all" movements more than once?

Why do you intercept messages sometimes show and sometime not? Anything to better your odds

Should you change anything to increase your chance of getting see all a second third time?

Why does the spy show up beside transports? Is that because of see all or because there is a spy in the departing port?

Does see all opportunity increase with a spy in the capital?

Does spy reports only role over at day change?

How can you see a units projected path, would it work by putting a spy in that province?

Any other information about spies greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking
    • How does the "see all" opportunity (view all army units and movements and intercepted messages) work with spies. I've had it occur using all three espionage options. Is it just random? I think I read once you have a 20% chance...any province or cities work better.

Military sabotage spies are able to reveal all enemy troop positions and their movements at day change. Intelligence spies can reveal troop positions in 1 province and possibly a (naval) unit that is close to them (they might have a range? I don't know thb...). I don't know if it matters wether the spy is in an urban province or not, in a capital or not.

How long does the "see all" movements last? I think 24 hours.

It lasts untill the next day change.

Can you get the "see all" movements more than once?

You get it at day change. You can get it more often if you pay for it with gold. However, it will only last untill the next day change.

Why do you intercept messages sometimes show and sometime not? Anything to better your odds

I gess you have a % of chance to intercept mesages. You may be lucky and you may be unlucky. However, it is possible that your target hasn't send/received any messages on certain days. You can try flooding him with espionage spies and see if you are more lucky. Espionage spies also reveal troop production, diplomacy stats, resource stocks, trade offers, the history of trade offers and the locations of his spies. All things that are very usefull as well, since they help you to get to know your enemy.

Should you change anything to increase your chance of getting see all a second third time?

I don't see any reason to do so. Usually I put down like atleast 8 military sabotage spies if I would like to see someone his army. 1 spy in 1 province, preferable provinces in his core that produce things, so I damage him as well.

Why does the spy show up beside transports? Is that because of see all or because there is a spy in the departing port?

I think the spy sign shows up to reveal it is a spy intelligence info and it also shows you the time you noticed the transport. Same info will show up if you have used planes to patrol certain areas and they have detected troops.

Does see all opportunity increase with a spy in the capital?

Dunno.

Does spy reports only role over at day change?

Yes, but you can always use gold if you need a spy report sooner, or just after day change if they have let you down.

How can you see a units projected path, would it work by putting a spy in that province?

Military sabotage spies reveal the route the units are taking at that moment. Adding an extra spy in a certain province won't add more info. Enemies can always change directions of their units after day change if they know you are spying them. However, most players are not familiar with spies.

Any other information about spies greatly appreciated.

Counter espionage doesn't have 100% succes rate, but something like 30% I think from my own experience.

If you don't have enough money at day change to pay your spies, you will lose them, they might join your enemies.

Spies are the best units in the game :) .

The post was edited 1 time, last by Azkazan ().

• As soon as I can afford them, I earmark 4 hours of money production to spy activity. I run about 150 to 200 spies in a 100 player game. I put 5 in each ally and enemy capital, just to see what everyone is talking about. I put 1 spy as intelligence on all fronts 5 provinces deep so that I can "see the unseen" units massing at a border or near it. When you want a province, but don't want to declare war, sabotage the morale and they will defect to you. You can also do this to pit allies against each other, because the loser usually always accuses the winner of doing so. Divide and conquer.