The Best America Homefront Country

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Best America Homefront Country

I wanted to see what the general consensus was on the best US State on the Homefront map, for me, my favourite is Texas, anyone else has an opinion on it? The Worst nations would also be interesting.
      President of The Forum.

(As elected October 2023).

Can be found on Call of War itself as "Zaktty".
    • I’m not a fan of that map, but have played it a few times. When it’s not the map of the week, it’s a tutorial map with lots of new players who go inactive at a high rate.

I’ve had success with both Cuba and North Quebec. But I like my slow cautious starts. Cuba is almost too easy, one of the few commies on the map. You can build a small navy to defend yourself, which most others are reluctant to build, conquer the few other island AI, then move on to the main land.

North Quebec is similar, your only active player neighbor is South Quebec and they have several active player neighbors. The provinces are big so you have time to build offensive units before expanding too far.
    • Zaktty wrote:

I wanted to see what the general consensus was on the best US State on the Homefront map, for me, my favourite is Texas, anyone else has an opinion on it? The Worst nations would also be interesting.
      Aren't there multiple Texas's? Anyways, I like Columbia. Get a big navy and kill Venezuela and Cuba before they become too big of threats, and you're good. (It's the only country I've played honestly, that's how much I dislike that particular map)
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • TEXASSSSS YEEEEEE HAAAWWW

I like Alberta, Columbia and Venezuela. For the latter two, you start commie and in corners meaning that you can build up and attack the US at your pleasure. I enjoy Alberta not only because of Fat Albert, but because it’s similar to the other two in that you start in a corner and can build up as well, using the allied doctrine. Makes things happen at your pace and prevents you from being surrounded.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

TEXASSSSS YEEEEEE HAAAWWW

I like Alberta, Columbia and Venezuela. For the latter two, you start commie and in corners meaning that you can build up and attack the US at your pleasure. I enjoy Alberta not only because of Fat Albert, but because it’s similar to the other two in that you start in a corner and can build up as well, using the allied doctrine. Makes things happen at your pace and prevents you from being surrounded.
      Colombia is Axis. Colombia is actually my favorite country on the map, as you can blitz Venezuela on the first day, take the other South America AI, then move up Mexico. If Cuba goes inactive you have a one front war.
      Stay Sweet!
    • I was commie that game, and I do think I was Venezuela… I invaded and took over Colombia on day 1/2-3 so I guess I thought it was impossible for them to be axis or something.

East Mexico is pretty good, and along with Mexico City (which was actually my first or second game on this account!) they are probably the most common country from Mexico I see do well. In a recent Homefront I had to fight them as Texas, and it would not have been easy if it were not for the fact they were kinda inactive and exposed their cores.

• SamPGS_17 wrote:

Venezuela as an appetiser Comintern nation.
      This is generally a good position for Axis nations.
      Ukraine, Germany, and Italy on the Clash of Nations Map similarly.
      What I'm wondering is: as Comintern, how does one defend against a similarly skilled Axis offensive without either using gold?

6thDragon wrote:

I’ve had success with both Cuba and North Quebec. But I like my slow cautious starts. Cuba is almost too easy, one of the few commies on the map. You can build a small navy to defend yourself, which most others are reluctant to build, conquer the few other island AI, then move on to the main land.

North Quebec is similar, your only active player neighbor is South Quebec and they have several active player neighbors. The provinces are big so you have time to build offensive units before expanding too far.
      I see you like a cautious, defendible position with your back to the wall.
      I like choosing Missouri or one of the Montanas and dropping right into the middle of the action.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • Lord Crayfish wrote:

What I'm wondering is: as Comintern, how does one defend against a similarly skilled Axis offensive without either using gold?
      You can pump out hordes of defensive units like anti tank, tank destroyers, AA, militia, Infantry, armored cars, etc.. out produce their offensive capability, then use that to keep them away. Artillery and rocket artillery are also key. The Axis player won’t be able to attack, and you can strike if they attack someone else. They get outplayed.

• It's my least favorite of the popular maps, but you can still have fun with right players.

Probably the easiest are the coastal countries with fewer neighbors. Or, as someone said, island Cuba. The smaller states in the middle of NA, like Wyoming, are the most difficult, since you can get blitzed from any direction at any time. Canadian provinces like Alberta have a similar problem but at least the vast distances your attacker has to travel give you more warning.

Edit: is Wyoming a player country tho? Can't remember
    • Mainland America desperately needs to be broken up with different bodies of water, same as Africa. There is no way I am starting in the rectangle mosh pit so I choose Texas,Florida or Cuba. Playing as Central America now and that seems to be a decent spot as well, you can see Colombia coming and do whatever you think is necessary with South Mexico and Mexico city.
      This user has been removed by the message
    • New

In my opinion, there are other facts of importance than "single border" to win homeworld. Especially to gain a single victory... I know experienced AND successful players who choose completly other starting countries than you mentioned and this for certain reasons. First of all, you should mention, what military tactic and doctrine you are going to play. Depending on the tactic, you should choose a country with corresponding ressources. When choosing a country with approriate resources, you should taken into account the "density" of provinces and cities. High density of provinces is an advantage and not a "problem" as some mentioned. Think about distances between provinces and the according time you need to conquer provinces. Long distances --> need long time to conquer, short distances --> need only short time to conquer. Given a time slot of 3 days, what do you think, which scenario (long distance/short distance) is more appropriate to conquer more provinces? More provinces mean more ressources, more ressources will lead to a faster building of infrastructure and units. If you choose a starting country in an area of high province density, you will be able to sum up conquered ressources very early in the course of the game. This is the most important advantage you can achieve in a game. Moreover, due to many provinces in a small area you won't be punished too much by moral decrease in the later game...