World War 2 Roleplay - Applications & Questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Zaktty wrote:

I am going to attempt to start a 1939 Historic World War Roleplay.

This is due to the fact that from my experience and others', ROleplays can be very enjoyable, and the most recent attempts at creating RPs have failed, so I am creating this new RP separate to the previous ideas.

A Rules Thread will be published once there are enough players, ideally, I would like at least 20 people, ideally 28. Since some nations are not essential, and will only become available if there are more applications than countries.

Major powers or important countries will be limited to experienced players to ensure high quality roleplay, however, you may still apply for these positions.

I am afraid I have also reserved the UK for myself, sorry.

List of available countries:

- United Kingdom - Zaktty
      - USA
      - France
      - Soviet Union
      - Japan - Soviet Onion
      - Nationalist China
      - Italy
      - Brazil
      - German Empire
      - Netherlands
      - Canada
      - British India
      - Australia
      - Turkey
      - Yugoslavia
      - Spain
      - Poland
      - Romania
      - South Africa
      - Venezuela
      - Peru
      - Argentina
      - Persia
      - Manchukuo

Nations that are not available right now but may be made available later:
      - Mexico
      - British Egypt
      - Mongolia
      - Tibet
      - Xinjiang

Colonies, such as India and Canada, will start the game as subservient to their master nation (UK or Japan), which will be able to boss them around, but if they slowly build up, and Roleplay properly they will be able to gain independence.

The game will start exactly (or as close as we can reasonably get to) as the world was in January 1939. So different countries start allied with each other, e.g. Italy and Germany

time inside the game will pass daily, e.g. each day is 6 months, as it is supposed to be by the research tree, this may be decreased to 3 or 4 month days because I am unaware of how long this HWW Map will last for.
      Can I have Australia or Netherlands. Or I can reprise my role as Canada.
    • -VIP- wrote:

yah, maby Zhukov should only get a smaller one like me, or it might get ugly fast, the skilled players shouldnt have the strongest nations
      It’s more fun when better and more active players have the stronger nations, and this will be an RP, so wiping out small countries will be far less of a thing. I do agree that it’s probably better if we have different countries from the HWW game though, we don’t want basically the same start…

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • JASLOLY wrote:

Reserve Canada for me.
      Though I’ll have to write the passage later; prob after 10-20 hours
      Ok. Here goes.

Ladies and gentleman of the great sovereign nation of Canada,
      After a month of elections, I have finally been sworn in as prime minister. I cannot bear to express the gratitude that I have upon all the hard work that others have put in favor of me. Thank you to my family for supporting me wherever I go. Thank you to my party for rallying support for me to become prime minister. And most importantly, thank you to all the citizens who have voted for me as your prime minister. I will treat every man of this nation as my own, and I will better this nation so that we will be one of the world's greatest superpowers of all times.

Our most pressing problem is the border tensions with the USA. Our scouts at London, Ontario has reported an unusual number of troops massing at the edge of Detroit, and efforts that we have made to nullify the tension with the US has so far failed, as they have refused diplomacy with us. To alleviate the issue, I will be heading to the UN this Saturday to persuade countries in Europe to support us if we do run into any problems. I will succeed, and if the US does decide to invade us, we will strike back with force and make them pay.

Thank you for attending, and I wish you all a good day. God bless all!
      Looking for improvement.
      :tumbleweed:
    • First of all: Thank you especially to @Zaktty for organising and inviting me to this! :thumbsup:

I have to say I'm pretty interested in joining this, should be a lot of fun but I can't in next two weeks.

Since I assume the Soviet Union is taken, I should very much like to join as Nationalist China provided that roleplay rather than expediency-at-cost-of-realism competitivity is preferred.

As to suitability, I expect I could do a pretty convincing RP as the Guómíndǎng more so than Sweden. I feel it is far easier to act in-character with a country I am more familiar with the history of.

If this is impossible, I should like the Netherlands but it really depends. I can play either convincingly.

So yeah:
      First choice: Nationalist China
      Second choice: Netherlands
      Third choice: Australia

Two questions though:
      (1) Is this meant to be a reenactment of the Second World War, viz. everything happens to the most of our ability, as in the real timeline? or more of an alternate-history?

(2) If the latter, to what extent are we to remain in character or also to be realistic? Italy turning communist on Day Three for example. What is allowed in this regard?
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• Also @Zaktty if you doubt my RP abilities during the DOTP thread I wrote an entire ass ultimatum to the Axis forces in the Americas
      "たわごと" - Last words from the Japanese 9th Artillery Regiment before being pounded into oblivion by Manchu Battleship "Zhèngxiāngbái"