World War 2 Roleplay - Contested Nations Newspaper Articles

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• World War 2 Roleplay - Contested Nations Newspaper Articles

This is a thread to post newspaper articles to decide who should take a certain country when it is contested.

USA Competition:

@Carking the 6th , @CMDR. Wolf , @GeneralJames

You will compete for the country of the USA, there will be 3 rounds of articles, that way you each have a chance to improve your posts, and you may publish your articles at any time, as long as all other candidates have published their articles before you move onto the next round.

First Round:
      USA Responds to German Invasion of Poland

Second Round:
      The USA refuses to declare war on Germany and only focuses on Japan

Third Round:
      USA Election results and what they will mean for the country

Germany Competition:

@TheZhukov and @Talvisota

You will use the same format as the USA Competition

First Round:
      Germany announces alliance with The Netherlands

Second Round:
      Germany declares war on France

Third Round:
      Hitler is assassinated and what it means for the future of the Reich

Good Luck, I will judge the articles, and at the end I will hold a simple poll to see who wins!
      President of The Forum.

(As elected October 2023).

Can be found on Call of War itself as "Zaktty".
    • Talvisota wrote:

So we just have to write newspaper articles in those scenarios?

Also, is there a deadline?
      Write articles and no deadline,

STRICTLY NO CHATTING IN THIS THREAD MOST THREADS ARE TOO LONG BECAUSE OF CHIT-CHAT, THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE SHORT!
      President of The Forum.

• To the glorious German Volk of the Third Reich!

On this glorious day, we have scored a seismic victory: We have scored a blow to the West, as the Netherlands have not just agreed to co-operate with the Fatherland, but advocate for and carry out its ideals!
      And, my people, should I remind you that this is the Netherlands, a nation that has previously identified itself with the feeble Triple Entente, and the equally weak Allies. This is the Netherlands, who previously participated in the useless practice of overseas empires, run by merchants and aristocrats, which paled in comparison to the military might and competence of ours.
      With this agreement, we usher in a new age for our corner of Europe - our people that both share similar culture and respect for the mighty German Fatherland! We have weakened the West, with their once-important ally that now reaches new heights of strength with its alliance with Germany joining the cause of the Third coming of the German Empire!
      And so, with this brilliant news, I call upon my friends, Germans and countrymen to rise!

Hope that's good enough, best wishes to @TheZhukov too :)
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • WAR IN EUROPE

German Invasion Of Poland Sparks War in Europe

The World Herald, September 5, 1939 -
      Washington, D.C. — In the wake of Germany's invasion of Poland on September 1, 1939, the United States officially declared a policy of neutrality. This decision was reached by aiming for the main goal of avoiding a foreign war.
      UPDATE 9:39 AM
      In recent developments, President Taira Wolf addressed a joint session of Congress. His speech earlier this morning, emphasized the need to maintain a neutral stance. "In these times of uncertainty, let us remain steadfast in our dedication to liberty and justice, standing as a symbol of hope for the world. Thank you, and may our nation's principles guide us in these turbulent times."
      "たわごと" - Last words from the Japanese 9th Artillery Regiment before being pounded into oblivion by Manchu Battleship "Zhèngxiāngbái"

The post was edited 1 time, last by CMDR. Wolf ().

• Breaking News

This day, 24 April 1939, our fellow Teutons in the Low Countries have finally recognized their destiny. Their government has signed a contract, according to which both sides will support each other militarily and economically, without any reservations whatsoever. Our militaries are to cooperate and German forces have reinforced the Dutch- Belgian border, while Dutch troops have garrisoned the Rhine. Military technology has been exchanged, while our economies will merge and a new currency, the Teutonic Kraken has been introduced. All the efforts of the west to weaken us have failed. ALL HAIL THE FATHERLAND! FOR DEATH OR GLORY!
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • Talvisota wrote:

To the glorious German Volk of the Third Reich!

On this glorious day, we have scored a seismic victory: We have scored a blow to the West, as the Netherlands have not just agreed to co-operate with the Fatherland, but advocate for and carry out its ideals!
      And, my people, should I remind you that this is the Netherlands, a nation that has previously identified itself with the feeble Triple Entente, and the equally weak Allies. This is the Netherlands, who previously participated in the useless practice of overseas empires, run by merchants and aristocrats, which paled in comparison to the military might and competence of ours.
      With this agreement, we usher in a new age for our corner of Europe - our people that both share similar culture and respect for the mighty German Fatherland! We have weakened the West, with their once-important ally that now reaches new heights of strength with its alliance with Germany joining the cause of the Third coming of the German Empire!
      And so, with this brilliant news, I call upon my friends, Germans and countrymen to rise!

Hope that's good enough, best wishes to @TheZhukov too :)
      Very good, all the best to you too mein freund
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • UNITED STATES CONDEMNS GERMAN REICH, DECLARES NEUTRALITY

September 1st, 1939. The infamous day just one week ago, the day that plunged Europe into darkness once more. The German Reich has finally reached the climax of its expansionism, launching a brutal invasion of independent Poland. Much of Western Poland has already fallen, and the Polish nation is not expected to last much longer…

An ocean away, in the free and prosperous lands of America, we must take a stand. Though we do not wish to get involved in the brutal struggle of European politics, we must still watch the unfolding events in Europe attentively. While it is still true that I as president will not send single American to die in a foreign war, I will send our word of condemnation to Adolf Hitler’s state.

The main principles that guide our precious nation is the idea of liberty and justice for all. The desire to remain free and at peace. The German Reich has shown on September 1st that they do not align with the values of the American people. Furthermore, their apparent cooperation with Stalin’s Communist regime lends additional credence to Hitler’s callous moral integrity.

With this offensive against global peace, the German Reich has unveiled their true goals; conquest, spearheaded by violence and greed. Although as president, I assure our citizens that the United States of America will not partake in the meat grinder that Hitler has now assembled, I must emphasize our disdain for the actions of the German Reich. I, as custodian of the American people, direct the solemn support of the United States to the United Kingdom and French Republic, and hope that Europe will feel the light of peace in time again. The United States will not succor foreign forces, but we must convey our endorsement to the Allied Forces.

May tranquility reign over the forces of chaos in Europe, and as always, God bless the United States of America.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Hindustan Times: New Viceroy of India
      6th September, 1939

The Churchill Government has expressed dissatisfaction with the support given to Britain by the citizens of British Raj. People have rioted since the beginning of the war, destroying foreign made goods, murdering any European on sight and storming British residencies in Delhi, Calcutta and Lucknow. The Indian police had no choice but to open fire upon the orders of Lord Linlithgow.

Just as everything seemed to have calmed down, Lord Linlithgow was shot twice in his own residency at night. The growing tensions resulted in Lord Linlithgow stepping down from the viceroy's office yesterday morning. Since then, Gandhi has expressed deep regret for he couldn't control the masses. The radical nationalists, however, seem undeterred.

In the following British meeting at London, it was agreed upon that an Indian viceroy has to be appointed temporarily to calm down the masses. Henceforth, the decision was made to make Lieutenant Rohini the first Indian Viceroy. Lieutenant Rohini is a decorated military officer who had severed Britain during WW1 and had been loyal to the British Raj. His arrival in Delhi is being celebrated but the radicals are still skeptical as no Indian attended the London Congress.
      Edward Downin'don
    • In a duel with @TheZhukov's post (I would write it in Dutch, though for several reasons I won't):

The address of the Free Netherlands to the nation,
      Radio Orange, London.

The providence through which the Netherlands was preserved from conflict in the last war has not kept her out of the present trouble.

Nederland is a peaceloving country. Our policy was one of naïveté towards the odious intentions of our neighbours. Rearmament has been minimal, and our small, peaceful army, however brave, has been no match for the hordes of the German invader. Although the enemy has surely been better armed and more numerous, we have nevertheless resisted gallantly. After the loss of Friesland and the bombing of the airfields, the kraut thought he could take vesting Holland within three days. We have doubled his wager.

Our air force has inflicted heavier losses on the German than even we expected. Many fine machines were destroyed on the ground, but the remaining pilots gave such brave resistence to a Luftwaffe that it was only after the capitulation that the foul German war machine undertook to thoroughly demoralise the determined resistors.
      The bombers of the enemy, black angels of death, then flew unopposed over the border. The destroyed city of Rotterdam, formerly a thriving commercial centre of 600,000 souls, bears a grim testament to the brutality and mercilessness of the Germans.

This is not the end. Holland has not surrendered. The far-flung empire carries on, and our colonies in Asia remain a bastion in the east, protected by our British and Australian brothers and by the strength of the Koninklijke Marine. Resistance will continue as long as there remain free persons who call Nederland home.

The inflated propaganda machine of the German juggernaut, aided by the despicable traitors of the NSB, may try to claim some solidarity with the people of the Netherlands, but we will not submit, not in a thousand years!
      We have no regard for their country's cause. We have no respect over the Nazi régime that oppresses our people. We have faith in the rightness of our cause and in the certainty of final victory.

Death to the NSB, those treasonous collaborators! Long live Nederland!

Long live the Queen!
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • @Lt.Rohini and @Lord Crayfish can be confirmed, they were very good articles.

So far, I think @Carking the 6th has the best USA Article, however, I was impressed by @CMDR. Wolf knowledge of the USA.

@TheZhukov and @Talvisota articles were neck and neck, they were both great, I preferred (by only a minuscule margin) Talvisota's, however, I felt that Zhukov's articles work better as regular posts, and I know that he is experienced at roleplay.

Good Luck!
      President of The Forum.

• To the Glorious Volk of the German Reich!

Through turbulent decades of Fire and Brimstone, cast by the abhorrent enemies of the German people, we emerge on the Eve of the most glorious empire the world has ever seen, ready to enforce its rule for One Thousand Years!

And with this, I announce the news of German troops crossing the French Border.

And, my glorious Volk, I know what kind of response this will ilicit from our enemies to our West and East: "War Crimes! Violation of their Sovereignty!"

To which I say: Nonsense!!

I find it so very amusing that the United Kingdom have the audacity to accuse US of committing war crimes and violating the sovereignty of this nation, when they still claim most of Africa, North America and Oceania as their own. Britain has seemingly appointed itself as the De-Facto Police of the world! Not only has it proven itself to be an inadequate Policeman, but a corrupt and sadistic one, as seen by the crimes they committed against you at Versailles!!

But, this I must ask to the British: Is it really such a violation?

Because you see, the Glorious people of Germany have more in common with the French people than meets the eye. Both have had undying devotion to their national spirit, which is a welcome haunting in their homeland! We musn't forget, Germany, that this is the nation that fought their way to Moscow against the odds, with the greatest military commander of them all: Napoleon.

And no, Britain, we are not taking France for our own Imperial ambitions. Never, never once, has the thought of that crossed my mind! Because, it is actually with a heavy heart that I enter my troops into French Territory, as it is not because of any sort of hatred towards any Frenchman, simply for their Frenchness. No, what a naive thought that would be, if that is what the West thinks that is what we are doing!

The French people have showed us the utmost respect since the start of the true leader of you, being me! The French have showed the utmost devotion to our cause! But, alas, they long for an invasion because of the weasels that claim to represent them in Parliament! The only proof you need of that is the joy in the eyes of the French people when our fantastic Wehrmacht enter the gates of Paris, and when news of this speech reaches France.

So Britain, America, and the Soviet Union: I am not annexing France because of selfishness, or desire for a German Empire! I am doing so because you have let down the French people! I am doing so because you have encouraged the pathetic government that has "represented" the French people for years! And, when France becomes German territory, I will accept the French people and view them as Germans, no less than anyone born between Koln and Stettin, or Kiel and Munich! In this world, I am the only one truly representing the French!

And so, Friends, Germans, Countrymen: Rise!!

• Looks like I accidentally justified the invasion of France. Oopsies.

If it helps, I'm Jewish so I obviously think Germany 1933-45 is more of a weasel than any French Politician. :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Talvisota: Grammar :) ().

• The Government of Canada
      Condemnation of German invasion of Poland; Declaration of war on German Reich.
      9th September,1939

The German forces have invaded Poland. We strongly condemn this act of violence. This is an unjustified attack and an attack which our peace-loving nation Canada will not tolerate. A vote has been conducted in the parliament and majority of the parliament have voted to declare war on Germany. We, the Government of Canada declare that a state of war exists between Canada and German Reich.

Today, we would like to express our support to the brave polish people in their fight of freedom against the Fascist horde. We also stand with our British and French brothers. Canada will support the British Empire in economic and military terms. Nationwide conscriptions have been started and men willing to defend Canada and her sovereignty are being conscripted into several war efforts. It is the time when we the Canadian people, join together to secure peace and happiness in our world.

Me, the president of Canada, The mister class request every citizen of my nation to stand for it. We have a long path to go, a path not easy to traverse, a path where we shall witness every horror imaginable. This will not scare our great people in their fight for freedom against the fascist oppressors. At last, I would like to thank every Canadian citizen for listening to this crucial broadcast.

Long live the Queen!
      Long live Canada!
      TMC
    • Zaktty wrote:

@Lt.Rohini and @Lord Crayfish can be confirmed, they were very good articles.

So far, I think @Carking the 6th has the best USA Article, however, I was impressed by @CMDR. Wolf knowledge of the USA.

@TheZhukov and @Talvisota articles were neck and neck, they were both great, I preferred (by only a minuscule margin) Talvisota's, however, I felt that Zhukov's articles work better as regular posts, and I know that he is experienced at roleplay.

Good Luck!
      Onto the second round of articles then?
      "たわごと" - Last words from the Japanese 9th Artillery Regiment before being pounded into oblivion by Manchu Battleship "Zhèngxiāngbái"
    • CMDR. Wolf wrote:

Zaktty wrote:

Good Luck!
      Onto the second round of articles then?
      Yea I think so

• Zaktty wrote:

Good Luck!
      Crayfish wants to be Netherlands, right? Why are they still placed as China.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate