Unique Doctrine Units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unique Doctrine Units

Well, the title is pretty self-explanatory. Recently, a new thread was made on the forum that asked for an aircraft carrier submarine, which was a real thing developed by Japan in WW2(It never played a significant role in the war, but I'll address that in a moment). From that post, a new idea arose; what if you made each doctrine have some unique unit in the secret tech tree? The unit for Pan Asian could be the carrier sub.

For Comintern - T-42. This massive "super-heavy" tank will be the most powerful unit in the doctrine - but at a pretty high price. It would be a mid-late-game unit which would be expensive and time-consuming to produce, but would make up for it with excellent heavy and light armour defense and offence stats. Its primary vulnerability would be artillery/fast-moving units and air. Think of the T-42 as a heavy tank on steroids capability-wise, including very slow speed and lack of air defence.

For Axis - P. 1000 Ratte. Yes, the one with a BATTLESHIP CANNON. (how is this not in the game yet). It will basically be a land-battleship. A combination of a railroad gun, heavy tank, and battleship, this unit would be the most powerful ranged unit in the game, and maybe overall too, if it weren't for its flaws, being slower than an RRG while having an even worse air defence then the T-42. It is also a very expensive and time-consuming late-game unit.

For Allies - M22 Locust. Something like paratroopers but instead of infantry, light tank. Basically a para-tank. It would use the same mechanics as the current paratrooper unit, meaning that it wouldn't be too difficult to implement. Once deployed, it would operate in the same way as a normal LT, but it would be able to turn back into its air version once on a province with an airfield.

I think that doctrine-specific units could really spice up the game a bit. I know none of them were ever used in any meaningful capacity, but that's kinda the point. These are units that, IRL, were proven to be possible, but never built for various reasons. In CoW, you get to rewrite history, making decisions that were never made, or electing to not make decisions that did happen IRL. Therefore, it would be reasonable to have the ability to make such units, and after all, all of them were real, at least conceptually. The potential units mentioned here are just an idea, and units that others may come up with could be better options for some of them. Please put your ideas below.
      Anyway, thank you for your attention, and as always, I hope you have a great day.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• Yk, there's the flying aircraft carrier of the Soviet, the Zveno-1
      a bomber consist of bombers...
      it could be outshine by normal nuclear bombers tho
      "Hate, union, freedom, justice, equality, war, peace, violence, blood. It is but a perfect mixture on destiny and our lives. It is for the mass we trust and for the mass we contribute, or to selfishly to personal greed we follow, it is up to your choices on what mixture you want. My mixture is a bit of everything with madness and humility in it, the virtues will black and sinful, just like I per say." - Kaiser Luther Ernst Willienburg.
    • I like the idea, but to break it down:

1) No one even likes the heavy tank at the moment, I don't see much more of an appeal in just a heavier - -heavy tank, even though I like it myself

2) I doubt that the Ratte would ever be produced that much, there is a significant drain on resources for Axis late game, and if it's literally a combination of a railroad gun and heavy tank, it will probably empty the entire country's resource stock

3) Para tanks would be cool, but they were always used with paratroopers, and in CoW, they would probably replace them, plus I think a better, allied unit, even though it would be unfair to limit it to just allies, would be marines.
      President of The Forum.

(As elected October 2023).

Can be found on Call of War itself as "Zaktty".
    • and what marines do?
      They are special forces, and special forces are the hot damn commandos

now I suggest this type of unit:
      "Hate, union, freedom, justice, equality, war, peace, violence, blood. It is but a perfect mixture on destiny and our lives. It is for the mass we trust and for the mass we contribute, or to selfishly to personal greed we follow, it is up to your choices on what mixture you want. My mixture is a bit of everything with madness and humility in it, the virtues will black and sinful, just like I per say." - Kaiser Luther Ernst Willienburg.
    • make them interceptor-rocket
      like they get real low, they go charge in and kaboom
    • true
      hmmmm
      idk japan wasn't that special in terms of military technology in ww2
      for germany, we already got RRG, and no one like heavy tanks
      there's the bismarck
      A super battleship
    • I like this idea, but I think a bigger impact and greater shake-up of the game could be achieved with new doctrines. The easiest starting point being breaking up Allied into Commonwealth and American doctrines. Call the American one "New world," "sleeping giant," "Arsenal," "Industry," or something like that.
    • Daniel_Phelps wrote:

I like this idea, but I think a bigger impact and greater shake-up of the game could be achieved with new doctrines. The easiest starting point being breaking up Allied into Commonwealth and American doctrines. Call the American one "New world," "sleeping giant," "Arsenal," "Industry," or something like that.
      Is that from the doctrine of the Titans thread? Anyway I support it.
      President of The Forum.

(As elected October 2023).

Can be found on Call of War itself as "Zaktty".
    • This is very shaky ground. The current RRG is already slightly out-of-balance for the Axis doctrine. If this special unit is actually good, it has the danger of overthrowing the entire balance between doctrines.

Donk2.0 wrote:

I know none of them were ever used in any meaningful capacity, but that's kinda the point. These are units that, IRL, were proven to be possible, but never built for various reasons. In CoW, you get to rewrite history, making decisions that were never made, or electing to not make decisions that did happen IRL.
      The fact that you can take a piece of paper and draw a Ratte doesn't mean that it could be a viable unit; and if it was, the other doctrines could get that peice of paper as well. The Babylonians set about building a tower to the moon; does it mean that, in some alternate history, they would have succeeded and built a moon base 2,000 BC?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • with that statement and response
      alot of history bullshit gonna go...
      how do I put this
      "stupidly insane"
    • ChessSamurai1999 wrote:

Maybe make the P.1000 ratte have really long range. Like say 170 km or something. That could compensate slightly.
      it has 190km range actually, if so isn't that just make it a weirder version of the Gustav? What's the point of having two massive artillery-tanks that are pretty much the same?
      The Bismarck would be more reasonable, or the Ball Tank...
    • These units would either suck or be wayyy to powerful. Irl they never had or could have had an impact. You should go for things each doctrine uniquely had which actually had an impact. For example in allied this would have been nukes in ww2, but of course it’s too late for that.

Things that actually could or DID have an effect.. not just wonder-weapons.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate