Unexplained attrition

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unexplained attrition

I've posted this same question at least once before, the last time some months ago... The answer I got at the time was that perhaps I had suffered unknown attacks - that is, attacks I didn't know had happened because I was AFK or perhaps due to the work of spies...

But the issue has come up again, and I hope one (or more) of the experienced players can explain it to me...

The issue is this: my units suffer unexplained attrition simply moving from point A to B, and perhaps (although I'm less sure) even when sitting still and not doing anything.

Once again I have units simply moving - sometimes on ground that I own, sometimes on ground owned by an ally (Share Map) and sometimes on enemy territory. The issue is that I don't understand why they get weaker without entering combat.

Is the phenomenon connected to Morale Level of the provinces thru which the units are moving?... I'm at my wits' end trying to understand why my units suffer attrition.

To be clear, I'm not complaining that they are in fact suffering attrition; I think that is a legitmate game mechanic. I just want to understand how the attrition works.

Thank you.
    • I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like this. Can you send a screenshot or something? Is there 0% chance you’re getting hit by a rail road gun? In fact you can actually zoom out and if you see land units flashing, it usually means something is attacking them…

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Maybe there’s a chance that, if you don’t have high level scouts in your stack, your stack could be running into stealth units along the way. If you aren’t active much, you could have missed the (brief) time the units were in combat. Check the newspaper for any units that may have been killed by your stack.
      Stay Sweet!
    • Thank you everyone for your comments. I have realized the embarrassing answer to my issue, and the problem is entirely with me. I hope this experience will help others.

What's happening is that I am mixing new fresh units with damaged units; their combined hit points are then distributed as evenly as possible amongst themselves, and so naturally the fresh units appear to suffer attrition. I hadn't noticed what was happening when it was happening, until now.

I apologize for stirring up trouble unnecessarily.