Clash of Nations-My game as Spain

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Clash of Nations-My game as Spain

Before writing about the game, I want to state that I’m a noob and is not very active. If you hate watching games played by noobs, you can leave now. I also want to recount what happened in my first 3games, which were disasters.
      Game 1
      I joined as Finland and declared war on Karliae. I sent single infantry into the country and lost one immediately. Never send single infantry to attack. This is the first lesson I learnt. Later I sent more infantry into the country and took the AI using 4 days. I concentrated my tanks and artillery in my capital. I din’t know how to build stacks band wanted to build a stack composing mech infantry, med/heavy tanks and SParty. Next I prepared to invade Sweden when he attacked me. I had far more units than he had and was soon counterattacking. I used about the same time As I used on Karliae to defeat him. Next, I invaded Russian Empire(AI, though I couldn’t distinguish inactive players). To my surprise, I lost quite a lot of units as the AI had a lot of units. However, I won finally and advanced into his territory. I stacked every stack with 10 units influenced by my second ongoing game. Of course I couldn’t cover the whole front, so the AI spam units around. I gradually took 3 cities, including the capital, but all the provinces except the ones my units were stationing at were recapture. In additional, I was getting busy. I retreated all my units to my core cities, giving up 4 cities on the way. Communist(AI) declared war too, but my reserve stack stopped him. Ah, and I forgot to mention that I conquered Denmark and Norway before invading Russian Empire. The AIs had few further actions. But just then Germany(player) declared war, capturing Denmark and landing on Sweden, but my submarines wiped out his convoys quickly, I brought in my surface fleet and killed more troops on land. After that, my air forces arrived and continued killing units. I finally brought in a small land force which captured Berlin and Hamburg temporarily. They were soon defeated by the German forces(he actually went AI at the point), resulting in massive loss of my airforce as well due to the loss of airfield. It was already a few days from day36 so I used my reserve stacks. I was crossed to see two German cities rebelled to Netherlands. But I captured Berlin and another city anyway. I also captured 2cities of Russian Empire. I had little interaction with others so I didn't talk about the global events. Libya and his teammate Morocco were the major powers at early game, with about 200 points each. They were weakened by Italy and Southern US respectively. SUS was the master of America and had 260points. He was at 1st place when the game ended(260 points). I applied his coalition and he accepted. Romania and Poland rose rapidly in late game(240, 190points). The latter defeated Communist and got half of Russian Empire. SUS and I won 1st pace as coalition. I was the only one who remained active on the last day. This might be an extreme case even in CON. My final point was 170. Looking back, I researched all kinds of units in this game as well as constructed every type of production buildings in a city.

The post was edited 4 times, last by You-Know-Who ().

• game2
      This game was played simultaneously with the first. I joined as Canada, captured the AI nearby in 2days. Meanwhile, North US attacked with single infantry units(I still don't know why, he's actually not a bad player). I repelled his attacks and he asked me to join his coalition with France. I agreed. There was no room for me to expand so I contacted France and coordinated an attack on UK(coalition with Germany, and both are decent players). I didn't build enough ships to protect my convoys. I asked NUS to assist me but he misunderstood me. He instead bombarded UK city and his fleet was eliminated. Surprisingly, UK fought me with stacks of 10 convoys. We were shoulder to shoulder but he had more units. Germany battleships arrived and after a few days, I lost most of my units. I built a fleet and destroyed 1destroyer, 6 cruisers, 4battleships and an aircraft carrier. However, I lost most of my land units and could do nothing to save France from its fall. Germany attacked my cores, capturing Halifax when my fleet was far away. I was able to recapture it but NUS made peace with them and I had to as well because my army was destroyed. I conquered Iceland and gave up the game(not going inactive though). NUS joined the coalition of UK and Germany and they were the dominating power. I attacked him in the last few days, testing my nuclear bomber and paratroopers. My final game point was 70 and was ridiculously at 4th place.
    • game 3
      I joined a while after the first two games. Meanwhile, I read some posts of yours. I decided to adopt a strategy of capturing cities with a mixture of inf, arty and AA. Rural will be dealt with ACs , SPAAs and TDs. Most units will be concentrated in two stacks. The others, mainly inf., will spread out to protect the whole front. I chose Sweden, conquering Norway in the first two days, I lost 3 ACs because I sent them into cities. From that time on, I started to count on terrains. In the next two days, I defeated Denmark. Then, I stroke Finland, at first the process was smooth, I lost only an inf. I thought the Finnish army was finished so I split my stack and attack various cites at a time. The truth was there were still 8 units in the capital. When I bombarded the stack, the AI forced me into melee battle. I lost another inf. along with 2 artys. I again forgot to mention sth. I invited Egypt to my coalition(though now I discovered 1st day coalitions are mostly bad) cause he won over half the games he joined(100+games) and had decent stats. He accepted. Meanwhile, another coalition emerged, with Turkey, Morocco and another country which I forgot. Yugoslavia applied after a few days and I accepted because although he’s new he’s learning fast. Turkey invaded later and they took him in one day(100 points). Amazing! They kept conquering and half of Soviet Union and all of Africa fell under their hands. At the same time, after some upgrades and production I invaded Kareliae and killed about 20units without loss. I hate the way AIs produce so many units. Then I conquered half of Russian Empire while the other half was taken by Egypt. After that, Egypt started invading Southern US who was the only active player other than us and was the master of the inactive America. I attacked Communist and took 3 cities in a day, killing 20+units. Oh, and all the countries I encountered were AIs. It was day 16 and we won. However, Southern US, who only had 100 points, was at the second place and got more gold than us. I still think I produced too many types of units, namely inf., Artys, AA, TD, AC, interceptors, tactical bombers and all kinds of ships except carriers. And I also built unnecessary industries.
    • background
      I decided to join a new game lately. I still joined CON cause I don’t have the time for more competitive maps. I wanted to play as axis and so I chose the country I thought the worst. I thought Spain was worst because:
      1. Resources unsuitable. Spain has 3 rares, two goods, an oil and food rural provinces. I always lack steel and oil. The economic potential of Spain is small.
      2. When there’s a winner in America, he’ll either choose Spain or Morocco as his landing point in Europe.
      My choices of units were med tanks, mot. inf., SParty, interceptors and subs.
    • Day 1
      I was surprised when Russian Empire contacted me immediately after joining the game. He claimed my stats were ‘amazing’(k/d 1.75, 2 wins in 3 games, actually very bad for you guys). I checked his stats and found he had decent k/d(1.43) but with only 15 wins in about 100 games. Hmm… I corrected his overstatement and said I would wait a few days. He agreed. Well, a player knowing to check stats and not to form 1st day coalition couldn’t be too bad. I researched inf. and AC, built industries in my rare, steel and oil city, ordnance and tank plant in the remaining two, local industries in a rare and oil rural province, a network of airstrips , a recruiting station(proved not necessary) and two ports to connect Africa and core. My dislike of Spain strengthened when I saw 5 inf. were at islands and Africa. I organized my army into 5 parts: AAs stay in cities, ACs went to the French border and infantry was divided into 3 stacks with about 5 in each. On stack went to the French border and the others went to Portugal border. I checked others’ stats. There wasn’t a very good player as in my 3rd game. The best player was Libya, who won 48 games in 100, but with 0.97k/d. I decided to wait and watch for a while. Then I researched LT and mot. inf. But I calculated out that I couldn’t complete the latter before I went to sleep so I cancelled it and researched arty instead. I had to use a few boosters to make the research complete before I went out. I researched interceptors and subs, produced an arty and LT and then went out.
      When I returned 3 and a half hours later, I researched mot. inf. and produced another LT and arty. The ones produced were sent to French border. I only consolidated a 3 inf. in a stack at Portugal border, but I had to attack anyway cause I didn’t want to waste time. I assumed I could conquer the AI and set the stacks to move to French border after capturing all provinces. I shared map with all AIs except Portugal who I trade embargoed. Communist was losing a lot of units to Russian Empire, they were bound to lose the war. Poland, Britain and Yugoslavia formed a coalition called ‘British Empire’. Morocco was inactive, to my relief, but France was active but wasn’t building industries and his stats were bad. I was low on rates and steel but high on food. So I sold 1k food to get cash.

The post was edited 3 times, last by You-Know-Who ().

• Day2
      After sleep and school, I logged in after 20hrs. To my frustration, the AI sent AC recapturing provinces so I captured nothing at all. I sent the LT produced overnight and an infantry stack back to capture the provinces. I had to delay my attack on France for a day. I researched med. tanks, built L2 industry in steel city and oil rural province, two barracks, a naval base and produced two mot. inf. and a sub. I noticed France also started stacking units on border. I contacted him and he claimed he only wanted to stay protected. As he’s been highly aggressive, I didn’t believe in him. I sent an arty to my northern stack in France border. It can force the enemy to run at my defensive units. Southern United States took most of Northern United States, and Russian Empire took most of Communist. I was low on oil and steel, high on rates and goods so I sold some goods, but I couldn’t find good rare trade. I placed my first intelligence spy in France.

The post was edited 1 time, last by You-Know-Who ().

• Day 3
      I’ve finally cleared the Portugal battlefield and my units went to the French border. However, I discovered an island which sustained the existence of Portugal. I heard that you get a 5% morale nerf if you’re at war with a country so I wanted to finish it. But I calculated that I only destroyed 5 units. And in my exp., there are 6 starting units in each AI. Erm… I sent an inf. to scout the island. There were some dramatic changes overnight. Libya seemed an excellent player who was winning against both Algeria and Egypt, Caucasus was winning over Turkey and Communist was completely conquered. France had 90points but lost 5 units. I researched lv2 mot. inf. and interceptors, built lv3 industries in steel city and oil rural and produced a med.tank , a sub and two mot. inf. Though France seemed to be conquering rapidly, he still wasn’t a good player. He couldn’t even send units to the centre of the province. From my spy report and scout on border. He produced mainly inf. with some LTs(low on food). He also produced a tac bomber. He was going to attack the inactive Italy. I thought these were mostly good news because he wasted resources and some units wouldn’t be prepared to fight me. I timed my 4 mot. inf. and the arty to arrive at the bordered within a min. the next time I estimated I would come online. I was low on steel and oil and I sold some goods. I was ranked 2nd in the most advanced countries list, below France.
    • day 4 WAR: Finally!
      Diplomacy again changed dramatically. Two more coalitions were formed. The first was called Comintern, including Russian Empire, Romania and Caucasus. The second was called Allied, including France, Libya and Germany. All the three coalitions's(British Empire) VP now exceeded 200. Yugoslavia was conquering quite rapidly too. I dropped to 11th place in personal rank. This is definitely a competitive CON( comparing to other ones). I messaged Libya, asking him to consider his choice again and he said I could take the spot of France if I won. This was a huge diplomacy success cause or else I would be under the threat of fighting a two sided war. I was ranked 4th in the military rank which came as a surprise. I was 6% while the 1st place, Russian Empire was 9%. I constructed L4 industry in steel city and L1 in oil city, researched SParty and produced a med. tank, a mot. inf. and a sub.
      And Spain needed its history rewritten. We are the most loyal pal of Hitler! A so-called Allied coalition must be erased from the earth! And the first step, is obviously to destroy France.
      I believed France was investing heavily in military. So I would have fewer units than him.
      To be continued...

The post was edited 2 times, last by You-Know-Who ().

• day 4 partII
      France army at border: a stack of 9, with 5 lv1 inf, an lv2 inf, 2ACs and a LT. There were also units at the southern border province but I couldn’t see them.
      My army: Northern Stack: 5 inf., 1arty, 2ACs and LTs, 4 mot. inf. joined later by a med. tank.
      Southern: 10 inf. and an arty.
      Others: As France invaded Netherland from sea, I placed my two subs at a point along the two side of coast to prevent any convoys from sneaking into my core. I sent 2inf. as well to the French island.
      I bombarded the two stack French units with artys. I upgraded my mot. inf. and fighter on the battlefield. France came online and sent his southern stack to attack me. I turned out to be 6 units. I retreated and attack for a few times before I went to sleep. France was attacking met defensive units with a core defence and mountain terrain bonus. He had no chance winning. He also sent his tac bomber attacking which was destroyed in 2 rounds.
      Overnight, I had killed 20+ units. A hilarious thing happened. He sent a TD to attack me but it stopped a few km from my units and got destroyed by arty. He used flying bombs and sent 6 more units. But they were easily killed in attack. He also sent a stack of five units to deal with my 2 inf. on his island. I heard that land units could defeat convoys easily. I tried but it turned out that doesn’t work. I sent my sub. and finished off the convoys. But I lost the 2 inf. And I lost my fighter early on cause it patrolled over the enemy stack. RIP
    • Day 5
      When day4 ended, I finished the about 30 units which should be the majority of the French army and I started advancing into France. France sent a few stacks of 2 inf. and single flying bombs. The inf. stacks were destroyed in one round each. I captured his goods city but still I was only pushing slowly as I wasn’t sure about his army size. I built an aircraft factory in my steel city and then L5 industry. I also built L2 industry in my oil city. I researched L3 interceptors and produced a L2 interceptor, a med.tank and two mot. inf. I sent the mot. inf. produced last night to the Portugal island. My spies intercepted France seeking help from Russian Empire who promised to help in a few days. I questioned Russian Empire for this. He said he wasn’t really going to help France. He also sounded he would still like to ally with me.
      To be continued…
    • day 5 partII
      Russian Empire said Romania and Caucasus were only temporary teammates. Russian Empire was conquering Poland and had almost won. I didn't trust him cause he lied to France. He sent a mutual shared map trade which I accepted. I was shocked to see 6 artsy pounding a stack without production. It was such a contrast to my exp. As Russian Empire commented, I needed to produce more units. I only had 40 while he had 92! His opponents must be almost inactive. He killed over 50 units only taking a loss. Meanwhile, I contacted SUS and we signed a non-aggression pact(mutual shared map). Now my flanks and backyard are both safe. I was constrained by my steel production. I had many rares but the prices on stock market are just too bad.
      Active players: SUS, Libya, me, France, Russian Empire, Yugoslavia, Poland(will probably turn inactive), Romania, Caucasus
      Defeated ones: NUS, Algeria, Morocco, Communist, Ukraine, Turkey
      As for Turkey Caucasus won against him but Yugoslavia robbed half the turkey. I don't think Caucasus will accept it. War between Romania, Caucasus and Yugoslavia could be foreseen.
      The British Empire had fallen. UK went inactive, Poland was defeated and Yugoslavia left.
    • day 6: blitzkrieg
      As explained, my war with France became the most important political event due to the attitude of Libya and Russian Empire. My 6 spies on military sabotage revealed all France's armies. He actually only had 6 units at Italian border. I guess he was hoping he would have gone inactive before I reached there. It was lower than what I estimated as I only destroyed 43 units. I could blitz through his territory without fear. I split my ACs, LTs and mot. inf. which captured all of France before day change. My points was 70(ranked 8th) and I captured 8 cities in a day. The political influence was immediate. I suddenly lay became a major power. Both Libya and Russian Empire left their coalitions. We already had an Allied and Comintern coalition in the game. So I set up my own coalition which is called Axis. Economic development was a bit chaotic and therefore I don't remember well. I mainly upgraded oil and steel industries, production buildings and produced SParty+ med. tank+mot. inf. stack. I was low on oil and steel and my food was depleting too. I thought my manpower could sustain a few more days. The war between Romania, Caucasus and Yugoslavia was a blood bath. Their casualties were neck to neck. Russian attacked from the back and captured half of Yugoslavia without much resistance. I'm feeling pity for him. He fought with 2 countries and managed to repel them and was then backstabbed by a third country. He was actually quite a good player.
    • day 7: blitzkriegII
      I suddenly became a major power, rising in the personal rank from yesterday’s 8th to today’s 3rd. I was at 140 because a city revolted to Germany. I couldn’t accept an AI getting the reward for all of my efforts. So I launched an attack on Germany. I knew he had only 25 units since I put 6 military sabotage spies in the country. Ridiculously, I lost 3 spies including one that I lost in UK(AI). Although I wasn’t active enough to avoid melee combats, I could still take care of Germany without problem. I developed my oil and food industries, and m goods and manpower was depleting too. I researched L3 mot. inf. and Lv2 med. tank. I could finally built an air force. I couldn’t as no cities were available 2 days before. Southern United States had defeated most Canadian units. He’d probably become the master of America soon. Yugoslavia was nearly finished. My potential teammates and I might face a naval invasion. SUS produced battleships, cruisers, subs fighters and naval bombers. As he was not concentrating his resources, I am confident he can’t win.