Remove Custom Newspaper Articles

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Remove Custom Newspaper Articles

In theory this is a fantastic idea, and it works extremely well for role playing matches. However, my experience with this system is it is used to insult players more often than not.

Personally, I don't play role playing matches and I am willing to bet most people are like me in that matter. The reality is, the cruelty and anger within the players of this game is far greater than most and I am at a breaking point. Almost every public match I have joined has had this problem.

It is one thing when you have someone send you a cruel private message, but when they can literally harass and degrade you in front of others for days on end, it has gone way to far.

Please, remove this feature completely for non-paying users. It has no tactical use and causes unnecessary stress within this already stressful game.

:beer:
    • BeerBelly wrote:

Report offensive articles and/or private messages. Problem solved. Articles are the fastest way to mass communicate.

Your complaint about it being the easiest way to communicate is a completely separate problem. You should start a post about an in game chat system for people on your team but not in your alliance.

What I am talking about is people abusing the newspaper and using as a tool
      to emotionally/psychologically hurt players. Yes, I am aware you can report an article,
      and I have done so. I am afraid I have never been notified of or have seen any resolutions'. My complaint is that I think it is used to talk trash more than used for anything else.

I still think this ability should be limited to paying users only or should be removed completely. The information the computer posts about activity is sufficient without custom posting.
    • Gummy Bear wrote:

In theory this is a fantastic idea, and it works extremely well for role playing matches. However, my experience with this system is it is used to insult players more often than not.

Custom articles are indeed a fantastic idea and are crucial to this game.

Are they sometimes used to insult other players? Well, yes, but seriously, why do you care so much? You can report such articles if you really need to, personally though, I don't think it's necessary. Ignoring them is a way better and successful thing to do.
      Personally, I don't play role playing matches and I am willing to bet most people are like me in that matter. The reality is, the cruelty and anger within the players of this game is far greater than most and I am at a breaking point. Almost every public match I have joined has had this problem.(...)
      Please, remove this feature completely for non-paying users. It has no tactical use and causes unnecessary stress within this already stressful game.

Strongly disagree.

Demanding to ban something "because I don't use it" or "ban something for non-paying users" etc. is really selfish. The thing that some players use articles in a wrong way, doesn't mean that the whole community should be punished for this.
    • Never had this issue in over sixth months of playing
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • I disagree totally. Custom articles are what make or break propaganda. I recently allowed everyone to think I had lost 40 units to some ships through articles, and when the people I tricked attacked me, they found a nice surprise of 200+ units instead of 100 units.

It is also useful for sewing discontent via Anonymous articles. I have a very effective way of doing this, one I will not share here.

Newspaper articles are also the foundation of a good diplomatic sphere. You can use articles against someone for a casus belli, or use one against you for a casus belli. Simple as that.
      It's been a while