Defence Ideas, Anybody?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Defence Ideas, Anybody?

Hello, I am playing a Historic game as Japan, just invaded China yesterday, and suffice to say things are going well. However my coalition member USA (who invaded Mexico a few days ago) was yesterday invaded by Canada (!) using about 7-8 stacks which consist of about 4-5 light tanks (level 3), 1 mechanized infantry (level 1), and about 3 motorized infantry (level 3). And the US Army was caught napping in Mexico, the militia and armored cars were caught starving at level 1. Needless to say USA is being tortured by Canada who is declining (rather reasonably) the offers of Mexico for returning of core provinces. I am allies with France and Russia, the latter will join my coalition, and maybe France will join too. However this raises a question: how the hell am I supposed to defend my coast? Are 5-10 battleships with some cruisers enough?

I am planning to get railguns and interceptors, while leveling up my submarines (and overall my entire naval force) and sending them to about as far East as the islands of Tol and Weno... I do have to worry about Aircraft carriers using airplanes to destroy me, though I believe Canada has no real Navy to combat mine, except for 2 cruisers and destroyers (level 2). In my opinion I have about maximum one week to prepare defenses. Any other ideas?
      "Towards the submarine men, one felt an utter disgust and loathing; they were nothing but an abomination, polluting the clean sea."
    • Naval bombers and being active in the game are your best hopes of a defence. Submarines can be quite useful in combination with the naval bombers, but you should prioritize your naval bombers.

Naval bombers are cheap, very effective at sinking ships and submarines, and have excellent speed. They are very effective when you make a line of naval bomber patrols to protect your coast. If a naval bomber is patrolling and spots enemy ships you can very quickly send other patrolling naval bombers back to your airstrip, stack them together, and attack or patrol the enemy ships as a large group. Naval bombers from far away will not take long to get travel towards the battle and make new stacks.

Ships and submarines and much slower, so they cannot support each other when in a defensive line to scout the enemy. If one battleship detects enemy ships, other battleships will take too long to get there and cannot help in time. Battleships also cannot detect submarines, but naval bombers can.
    • Klusey wrote:

Naval bombers and being active in the game are your best hopes of a defence. Submarines can be quite useful in combination with the naval bombers, but you should prioritize your naval bombers.

Naval bombers are cheap, very effective at sinking ships and submarines, and have excellent speed. They are very effective when you make a line of naval bomber patrols to protect your coast. If a naval bomber is patrolling and spots enemy ships you can very quickly send other patrolling naval bombers back to your airstrip, stack them together, and attack or patrol the enemy ships as a large group. Naval bombers from far away will not take long to get travel towards the battle and make new stacks.

Ships and submarines and much slower, so they cannot support each other when in a defensive line to scout the enemy. If one battleship detects enemy ships, other battleships will take too long to get there and cannot help in time. Battleships also cannot detect submarines, but naval bombers can.
      I must say this what he says right here is completely correct, listen to Klusey!

Additionally, as others said, keep ranged back to be able to hit convoys.

But you are Japan, and this is HWW. Your best bet would be to simply survive and wait for the section of the game where you have so much money you don’t know what to do with it… then send mil sabo spies in Canada to get their intel. With that, you can be consistently notified of enemy movements and able to intercept them before they even be a threat. If the USSR is active, your game should be good as won anyway.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Klusey wrote:

Naval bombers and being active in the game are your best hopes of a defence. Submarines can be quite useful in combination with the naval bombers, but you should prioritize your naval bombers.

I must say this what he says right here is completely correct, listen to Klusey!

But you are Japan, and this is HWW. Your best bet would be to simply survive and wait for the section of the game where you have so much money you don’t know what to do with it… then send mil sabo spies in Canada to get their intel. With that, you can be consistently notified of enemy movements and able to intercept them before they even be a threat. If the USSR is active, your game should be good as won anyway.
      USSR kinda active, China and Mongolia are completely in my hands, very good economy, buildings subs to patrol, also getting railguns and bombers. Also sent navy in pacific as security
      "Towards the submarine men, one felt an utter disgust and loathing; they were nothing but an abomination, polluting the clean sea."
    • I must say this what he says right here is completely correct, listen to Klusey!

certstraining.com/pegacprsa22v1-exam.html
      certstraining.com/ipq-499-exam.html
      certstraining.com/c-s4cam-2308-exam.html
      certstraining.com/az-102-exam.html
      certstraining.com/c-tfg61-2211-exam.html
      certstraining.com/1y0-240-exam.html
      certstraining.com/ata02-exam.html
      certstraining.com/hpe6-a40-exam.html
      certstraining.com/adobe-real-time-cdp-questions.html
      certstraining.com/ns0-160-exam.html

The post was edited 1 time, last by kane2584 ().

• Hmm. The USSR is quite active, decent army, is now upgrading navy, India joined the coalition, so we're even more secure. I have 800/hour for all rseources, just building things lol
    • kane2584 wrote:

Damn bot

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Huh?
      Btw I invaded Malaya and North Borneo, when Dutch declared war. that AI got level 5 infantry, I barely have any losses due to my fleets from Saigon. India joined coalition but I'm not happy with him. Invaded Medan, Palembang, Wono and Pontianak.
      As to Canada, he wants peace in Pacific, but I ain't withdrawing battleships from there. He's also using strategic bombers (level 3) to patrol my colonies in the south-east Pacific like Guam and Falalop. But I assured peace, which he wants so much.
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

kane2584 wrote:

Damn bot
      Jesus youre ryt-
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Hello...
      Sad news from the Japan game:
      Today when I was sleeping (yeah I always get traitored like this) Canada attacked my naval ships in the pacific and destroyed all of them with submarines. I did manage to make a deal, that I will join his coalition for peace, while assisting in land operations in Asia. Canada is so F big, from Wake Island to Cuba and Mexico... I still have to wait for 2 days before joining, so I need to worry about a potential invasion of the mainland, he literally has 20 naval bombers level 5, some tactical and attack bombers level 3 with like 30 land units (high level) in the Atlantic. Stay tuned for updates.