Australia Guide (Historic)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Australia Guide (Historic)

Hello everyone, I recently joined a game as Australia, and really hated my choice. It has about the same Oil and Grain production as a country in World at War, metal, goods and rare aren't reasonably better. But by following some steps you can make your country decently powerful!

1] Diplomacy

I couldn't play for long when I joined, but later I shared Map with India and China, while joining the only coalition of Japan and the USA. The Dutch didn't want to ally (or so I think as I received no message), but is nevertheless active even though Germany invaded his Mainland

2] Research

Obviously upgrading armored cars and militia is a decent option, get tactical bombers and later upgrade your level 2 battleships. Maybe rocket artillery is also nice, to fight unarmored enemies in the Indies.

3] Economy

You start with a rubbish amount of grain and oil, immediately upgrade industries in Sydney and Brisbane.

4] Battle

Invade New Zealand using naval support, also build naval bases at Geraldton and Port Moresby. You can also invade Dili to expel the Portuguese from Asia, consider invading Macau if Japan doesn't, and allows you to do so. After invasion of New Zealand, your economy will increase day by day until the New Zealand cities are at maximum possible morale. Then use your Navy to destroy the Indies, and gradually occupy Guinea, Sulawesi, Borneo, Java and Sumatra, or you can also make it a puppet and demand some islands.
      你就像一個用茄子做的大包子;我沒有說錯什麼!別再用袁翔這個名字了,我們就叫你袁曉吧!- Cheng Tian, Ni Chang Episode 5
      8) 8) 8)
    • Hello, back for an update, now my economy stormed to almost 600 for all resources as I invaded the Dutch colonies. Timika and Jayapura have fallen, Soerabaja (Surabaya) will go in 3 hours. I do expect stiffer resistance in Sumatra and Borneo though.
      8) 8) 8)
    • New update: The Indies have been taken. Now my plans are to take Malaya and North Borneo, and then proceed to invade Siam and Indochina.
      8) 8) 8)