Officers and Head Quarters?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• VorlonFCW wrote:

For unit healing / replenishment, see this thread:
      forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…about-units-regeneration/

Ivan, have you read my guide to province morale?
      forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…ions-and-province-morale/
      Thank you VorlonFCW - excellent links. I wish I had read these links before hand - Thank you.

The first link talks exactly about what I should of gone straight to in the first place. The HQ unit I was suggestion would be primarily to improve on this regeneration of HP.

As most would be aware, there is different levels of repair. Not saying it would work here, but my suggestion here would be to have three different regeneration of HP formulas:-
      1. Unit repair - repair done within the unit - this could almost be the current regeneration formula = Damage x 0.15.
      2. Formation repair - repair done at corps/formation level - this would be the new mobile HQ unit that i am suggesting, and have and additional regeneration formula = Damage x 0.15x distance from new mobile HQ unit. This distance being a figure between 1 and 0.1, where 1 is the unit and the hq are together, and 0.1 could be 100km away from this new mobile hq unit; and
      3. Manufacture repair - repair done back at home - this could be calculated similar to province moral is effected my distance from capital, but in this case it is for HP for units as a factor determined by distance from capital x damage to unit. Regeneration formula = Damage x 0.15 x distance from capital. Distance from capital being a figure between 1 and 0.1, where 1 is on capital and 0.1 is the max from capital, possibly 1000km.
      All three factors could be done at end of day. If the unit is at home near the new Formation HQ, and near its capital all three factors could be added together to get the one regeneration formula, possibly:- Regeneration formula = Damage x (0.15+0.15+0.15) maximum. At the other extreme if the unit is on its own, no where near its capital (>1000Km away) or the New HQ unit(>100km away) the Regeneration formula remains = Damage x 0.15.

My suggestion above is not to cause chaos, but only to suggest if it is possible that the regeneration of units be made greater. Obviously the 0.15 could simply be made greater, but I believe that this would miss out the opportunity here to greater represent a more overall repair/maintenance process that happens in reality back in WW2. For example 1. sending units back home to recover/reform/refit - greater benefits to regeneration formula by being near your capital. 2. Units sent to the rear echelons to recuperate - greater benefits from being near your Formation HQ. 3. On the front line fighting - only regenerate from own unit regeneration formula.

I apologise now if the above is causing chaos or I am abusing any CoW mechanism by my suggestion above or I am putting this thread in the wrong section of the forum.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BattleIvan ().