New played a couple games to figure it out Now the questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New played a couple games to figure it out Now the questions

1) The Free Units we won in the Operations.. I know they carry over. The question is once the day that unit is unlockable happens. Does getting the free unit also count as doing the R&D? Or do you stillhave to do that to make more?

2) Is there any way othe rthen teh boosts and the tiny ammount at Day tic to repair? ie.. does having higher Build in that unit give a bomus if they are in that city or at that air field?

3) Why do Aircraft on Patrol over area with NO AA units in them take damage?

i'm sure to have more later but thanks in advance
    • 1) the 'free' units have nothing to do with R&D.
      2) seems like you are asking about healing units - which is a paltry 1/7 of the damage every day change. It has often been suggested that moving units back to production facilities should increase the HP faster - but no joy on this suggestion. <If you were asking about province morale healing, it is about 10 every day change, that is, a province at 25 morale will go to about 35 at day change, slight dependency on moral malus such as distance to capitol and expansion>
      3) all units have some amount of AA, especially cruisers and higher level infantry - recall that all units have machine guns as well as their primary armament. There is also the possibility that patrolling aircraft can lose health while bombing an undefended city with buildings, but this has not been documented.
    • Ok thaks.. But the AA makes ZERO sense.. If you have a Stratigic Bomber flying around at altitue ground fire isn;t even in range .

But I am refering more to when you use them to make sure nothing is moving in on you while your doing othe rthings.. they never see an enermy unit at all and land down 5% anyway.. Just odd..

and they do I did that my first game no units in province take out the air field still some damage.. I am guessing considered local Defense?
    • Ok new question.. In a game with a couple frields.. I just hit a Battle Group with my Naval Air.. knocked it down from 285 to 245 Thinking awesome.. My subs are 15 minutes from it.. this is all 2 hours AFTER the day tic.. He is full healed to 285 again.. I know he used a heal earlier in game.. How many can you have? and how to you get them? Or is that in teh PTW $400 buy?

Thanks
    • cycle9 wrote:

1) the 'free' units have nothing to do with R&D.
      2) seems like you are asking about healing units - which is a paltry 1/7 of the damage every day change. It has often been suggested that moving units back to production facilities should increase the HP faster - but no joy on this suggestion. <If you were asking about province morale healing, it is about 10 every day change, that is, a province at 25 morale will go to about 35 at day change, slight dependency on moral malus such as distance to capitol and expansion>
      3) all units have some amount of AA, especially cruisers and higher level infantry - recall that all units have machine guns as well as their primary armament. There is also the possibility that patrolling aircraft can lose health while bombing an undefended city with buildings, but this has not been documented.
      with regards to 3, i've found high level AC in particular do decent damage to aircraft
    • Actually there's no method to defeat a holder other than destroying his bank account.
      1. You can bombard him with artillery using his inactive periods. Militia, AT and AA are suggested to be used as well. Don't attack unless he run out of gold.
      2. Sneak into his cores and capture it ASAP. He'll probably give up the game or needs a large amount of gold.
    • You-Know-Who wrote:

Actually there's no method to defeat a holder other than destroying his bank account.
      1. You can bombard him with artillery using his inactive periods. Militia, AT and AA are suggested to be used as well. Don't attack unless he run out of gold.
      2. Sneak into his cores and capture it ASAP. He'll probably give up the game or needs a large amount of gold.
      Golders typically rush 10-stacks into your territory. Just wait and sneak around his big stacks and take a few cities.