Use Resources To Heal Existing Units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Use Resources To Heal Existing Units

If you can build units with resources, why can't you heal them with resources? There should be an option to heal existing units by spending resources. The player would also be able to specify how much damage they want to heal. The amount of resources spent would be calculated by multiplying the amount of each resource it would take to build a fresh unit by the amount of damage the player wishes to heal.
    • They should definitely add a healing function. But why should player specify how much HP to heal? It would be much simpler if you directly heal a unit to full health. And it should take some time (like upgrade). Multiplying missing HP by resources needed for production is too expensive.
    • You-Know-Who wrote:

They should definitely add a healing function. But why should player specify how much HP to heal? It would be much simpler if you directly heal a unit to full health. And it should take some time (like upgrade). Multiplying missing HP by resources needed for production is too expensive.
      Yea yes yes yes

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • They kinda have this, with extra steps. Putting units of the same details together equalizes their HP. I don't think they should charge you the same price to heal your units at a linear rate.
      Either it should be cheaper, as building back units is easier (Think greater corps of experienced NCO's to draw from), or it should be faster. Otherwise, the point is pretty moot, and only serves to fix a non-problem.
      I think some strategy elements could be added to deepen the game.
      • Units heal faster the longer they've been out of combat.
      • Units heal faster on core/inner provinces.
      • Units gain experience levels, and become more valuable.
      • Units combat effectiveness is reduced with damage.
      All these are things that could create greater nuance in the handling of units by their commanders. As it stands, other than the reduced speed, I see little that damage effects combat.
      As an aside. They kinda have an incentive to not "fix" this because one of the ways they encourage us to spend our gold and cards is through healing. So, in the name of seeing everyone get what they want, I would say an experience mechanic would go a long way towards increasing the use of "extra" resources to get our veteran units back into the fight.

The post was edited 1 time, last by tomareutsuzo ().

• Damage being so punishing and slow to heal is one of the reasons that artillery is the meta. "Melee" units are slower than aircraft, don't have the luxury of disengaging whenever they want, and have to take damage as a mandatory part of how they interact with enemies. It's an imbalance that has been long-standing and really should be rectified.

The argument against more available unit healing is, of course, it gives you one less reason to use gold. But here's my suggestion: Gold and card healing is instant. Healing with stock resources locks the unit down in the same manner as upgrading and deployment.

Let's just say, for the sake of example, that it locks a unit down for the same amount of time as it would take for it to upgrade to the next tier. That's easily several hours of removing the unit from the tactical equation, and may not be ideal during an ongoing war. Furthermore, make a new armor type called something like "reorganizing" that it adopts while in this healing state, and all melee units do extreme damage to it. That way, ground units have added value as units that can overrun reinforcing enemy units after scoring a breakthrough.
    • Medic tents or mechanic tents might be an interesting unit. You could make them easy to destroy. Heck you could make them always appear on map or something.

Another option would be to have them slowly heal in cities that have the certain factory that works on the unit. It doesn't make sense for an airplane to sit in an air port for example and not get worked over by mechanics. Infantry could be something different since you cant fix dead units.
    • I'm certain this isn't the first thread I've seen on healing units. And threads on hospitals, medics and the like are in such abundance that it's become something of a meme amongst the forum dwellers.

Seriously we need to make that FAQ thread to tell people to stop.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • Maybe so, but the more threads on it appear the more tedious it becomes to discuss, and I could be mistaken but the fact that after all this time Bytro still hasn't acted on any of them suggests to me that you're wasting your time.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • Making threads on already tread ground is pointless in a forum, however. Wastes the time of others. That being said, I still think an upgraded form of unit healing is something this game really needs. It should be consistently fought for so Bytro knows that it’s wanted and eventually comes around to doing it.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate