WW2 Roleplay - Rules

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• WW2 Roleplay - Rules

• Applications are closed, the Game will start on Saturday 15th of December 2023, around 12 am Greenwich Meantime.
      Universal Rules:

- Obey Moderators at all times
      - 1 IRL Day = 6 months
      - Gold use is banned
      - Blueprints are banned
      - High Command features are banned
      - Unit, resource, time etc. Cards are all banned
      - Anything that costs money (or hasn't been gained through playing this round) is also banned
      - Use common sense, if something doesn't seem like it should be allowed, do not do it.

Newspaper Rules:
      - You must write 1, 50 word or more, newspaper article every IRL 2 days
      - When declaring War, you must write at least a 150-word newspaper article
      - When writing in the newspaper, always remain in character, if you want to say anything out of character, contact a moderator about it instead, and they will handle it.
      - Write in fluent English only!
      - Do not swear, or use any offensive language when writing in the newspaper
      - Special events such as the use of a nuclear bomb, the movement of a nation's capital and the announcement of a trade embargo, etc, will require an article

Diplomacy Rules:
      - You may declare war on, trade embargo, or ally with, etc. whoever you like provided you roleplay it correctly
      - You must build up tensions for 3 days before declaring war
      - You must build up tensions for 7 days before declaring independence if you are a colony
      - You do not need to build up tensions before going to war to help an ally, an ally ONLY counts as someone you have Shared Map with, and having Right of Way does not count as an alliance
      - You will require a moderator's permission to rebel if you are a puppet state, you may also rebel if another nation(s) launches a war of liberation against your aggressor, and successfully takes your capital
      - Trade Embargos will require each nation to pay resources to the other, this will be calculated by moderators ONLY, using the following formula, which is subject to be altered in the case of certain embargos, if the moderator sees fit, sanctions will be paid to a neutral moderator
      - Ceasefires must last for at least 6 hours unless both sides agree to end them earlier
      - You may take the following diplomatic relations that are not possible with Call of Wars current diplomatic relations:
      - Guarantee another country, human or AI, independence, this means they count as your ally and you can go to war immediately to help them
      - Send a country an ultimatum
      - Station troops in a foreign country's territory
      - Pay Tribute (resources) to another nation
      - You can make any diplomatic interaction you want with whoever, as long as it is something real countries would do, during the time period.
      - You may negotiate peace terms at any point in a war, as long as both sides eventually consent to the terms, unless one side has won the war.
      - You may move your capital only in times of war, or if the city they are moving it to has more (by which I mean higher level) industry, recruiting office and propaganda station buildings, there is a 1-week cooldown between moving capitals.

Rules on Puppets:
      - The Puppet can still control their home affairs, e.g. what they build and produce
      - Master Nation controls their foreign affairs, e.g. forcing them into wars, trade embargoes, etc. The Master nation will also be able to force things upon the puppet, e.g. demanding they pay him resources, provided that it doesn't ruin the game for the puppet.

Territory Rules:
      - Your territory is defined as Provinces and cities under your control, the nearest (sea) dot to your provinces (to be known as your waters), and the airspace above these locations.
      - Your country may also control certain straits or canals, e.g. the Strait of Gibraltar, or the Suez or Panama Canal, and you may tax people for using these canals, the maximum tax can be calculated with the Trade Embargo Formula
      - You may close Straits as long as you give a 24-hour warning in the newspaper, if you close a strait, you may sink any vessels that attempt to go through it.

Combat Rules:
      - There will be 24 hours after a declaration of war, where no combat will take place, however, if both countries agree, the war can start earlier than this
      - If another nation places troops inside your borders, you may immediately destroy them, having Right of Way or Shared Map with someone counts as automatic permission to place troops in one another's territory
      - If another nation flies planes over your territory, you may shoot them down after giving them a 6-hour warning, in their timezone, you may half the amount of warning time they are given if they repeatedly violate your airspace, within 24 hours from the first incursion
      - If another nation places ships or submarines in your waters (nearest dot from your province coasts), you may sink said ships after giving them a 6-hour warning in their timezone, you may half the amount of warning they are given if they repeatedly violate your airspace, within 24 hours from the first incursion
      - A War is lost when either or both of the following are applicable:
      - 75% of your military has been destroyed
      - 75% of your core cities have been lost
      - Naval Blockades can be initiated when at War or when diplomacy is set to Trade Embargo (during the latter they will be a 2nd payment), this happens when it is impossible to reach a country by sea without crossing the blockader's vessels, the formula for this is the same as Trade Embargos, except, multiplied by the number of coastal cities only.

Unit Rules:
      - The following units will have a level cap, that will expire:
      - Rocket Artillery (twice as long as usual to research)
      - Self-Propelled Rocket Artillery (twice as long as usual to research)
      - Railroad Guns
      - Rockets (not flying bombs though) (twice as long as usual to research
      - Jet Fighters (thrice (3x) as long as usual)
      - Nukes (granted with a moderator's consent)

Espionage Rules:
      - Intelligence spies are allowed
      - Counter Intelligence spies are allowed
      - Economic Sabotage spies are allowed
      - Military Sabotage spies require a moderator's consent before you can use them

Inactivity:
      - If you wish to go inactive, please get in touch with a moderator and inform them of how long you will be inactive; a moderator cannot force you to be active, but they can suggest that you quit the game if you are inactive for too long
      - Going inactive without notifying someone, or without permission for more than 3 days, will result in a ban from the roleplay if you do not return with a good explanation

If you are one of the following, please read this post.
      - United Kingdom - @Zaktty
      - USA - @Carking the 6th
      - France - @Donk2.0
      - Soviet Union - @Fox-Company
      - Japan - @Claudio NVKP
      - Nationalist China - @Lord Crayfish
      - Italy - @The Mister Class
      - Brazil - @SamPGS_17
      - German Empire - @Talvisota
      - Netherlands - @VietnamVeteran69
      - Canada - @JASLOLY
      - British India - @Lt.Rohini
      - Australia - @GeneralTanke
      - Turkey - @TheZhukov
      - Yugoslavia - @NEPTUNE the great
      - Spain - @That polish guy
      - Poland - @russ_russ1 @GreatbigHippo
      - Romania - @KaiserOfAnonymous
      - South Africa - @Tolol_aja
      - Sweden - @noblebright
      - Venezuela - @-VIP-
      - Peru - @Lady Aragosta
      - Argentina - @Taffyta Muttonfudge
      - Persia - @SADRA_ready
      - Manchukuo - @AleksanderZ or @Amotah was going to be @CMDR. Wolf
      - Mexico - @Kadeko
      - British Egypt - @Fortnite69 420 was going to be @Joe Bartolozzi
      - Mongolia - @Soviet onion republic
      - Tibet - @ChessSamurai1999
      - Xinjiang - @RookOnzo
      President of The Forum.

(As elected October 2023).

Can be found on Call of War itself as "Zaktty".

The post was edited 9 times, last by Zaktty ().

• Taffyta Muttonfudge wrote:

Has it been specified which nations start the game as puppets?

Also, what are the rules for starting wars with AI countries?
      For your first-
      Canada, Egypt, South Africa, India and Australia are all UK puppets. I would assume they may have more autonomy than average but that’s up to Zaktty.
      Manchuko is a Japanese puppet.
      Xinjiang (if they can get a player) Mongolia are Soviet puppets.

Minor states like Tanna Tuva and New Zealand have their fate chosen by the master iirc. Fox dies whatever he wants with Tuva, either invading or giving it to say Mongolia, and Zaktty can do the same with New Zealand.

For the second, they will be treated like normal players and have the same rules.Ignore if they make banned units..

Zaktty wrote:

- USA - @Carking the 6th
      - France - @Donk2.0
      - Japan - @Claudio NVKP
      - Brazil - @SamPGS_17
      - Canada - @JASLOLY
      - Turkey - @TheZhukov
      - Poland - @GreatbigHippo
      - South Africa
      - Sweden - @noblebright
      - Venezuela - @-VIP-
      - Peru - @Lady Aragosta
      - Persia - @SADRA_ready
      - Manchukuo - @CMDR. Wolf
      - Mexico - @Kadeko
      - British Egypt - @Joe Bartolozzi
      - Tibet
      - Xinjiang
      Cursing can be good RP, though. If you’re having General Patton quoted for example, him using sweats is not surprising. I’d say as long as it’s not excessive or offensive it would be fine.

Didn’t we have a South Africa player?

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Taffyta Muttonfudge wrote:

Has it been specified which nations start the game as puppets?

Also, what are the rules for starting wars with AI countries?
      For your first-Canada, Egypt, South Africa, India and Australia are all UK puppets. I would assume they may have more autonomy than average but that’s up to Zaktty.
      Manchuko is a Japanese puppet.
      Xinjiang (if they can get a player) Mongolia are Soviet puppets.

Minor states like Tanna Tuva and New Zealand have their fate chosen by the master iirc. Fox dies whatever he wants with Tuva, either invading or giving it to say Mongolia, and Zaktty can do the same with New Zealand.

For the second, they will be treated like normal players and have the same rules.Ignore if they make banned units..

Zaktty wrote:

- USA - @Carking the 6th
      - France - @Donk2.0
      - Japan - @Claudio NVKP
      - Brazil - @SamPGS_17
      - Canada - @JASLOLY
      - Turkey - @TheZhukov
      - Poland - @GreatbigHippo
      - South Africa
      - Sweden - @noblebright
      - Venezuela - @-VIP-
      - Peru - @Lady Aragosta
      - Persia - @SADRA_ready
      - Manchukuo - @CMDR. Wolf
      - Mexico - @Kadeko
      - British Egypt - @Joe Bartolozzi
      - Tibet
      - Xinjiang
      Cursing can be good RP, though. If you’re having General Patton quoted for example, him using sweats is not surprising. I’d say as long as it’s not excessive or offensive it would be fine.
      Didn’t we have a South Africa player?
      I think if you cleared it with a mod and it was in character it would be ok.
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Zaktty wrote:

Newspaper Rules:

- When writing in the newspaper, always remain in character, if you want to say anything out of character, contact a moderator about it instead, and they will handle it.
      I think that a 150 word requirement for a war dec is too much. Also, can there be moderator-approved surprise attacks? If I guarantee some territory and it gets attacked, can I intervene in that region no matter what?
    • Taffyta Muttonfudge wrote:

Canada and Australia were independent decades before WW2 ... why are they puppets?
      They are Dominions and part of the commonwealth, why would they join ww2 and sacrifice their men for a country thousands of miles away otherwise? They also only gained full independence in the 80’s, even if they had growing sovereignty over that time.

GeneralTanke wrote:

Zaktty wrote:

Newspaper Rules:

I think that a 150 word requirement for a war dec is too much. Also, can there be moderator-approved surprise attacks? If I guarantee some territory and it gets attacked, can I intervene in that region no matter what?
      I’m fine with it, the more activity the better, plus you’ll have 3 days of tension to write it. Still, it’s Zaktty’s decision. And yes, if you guarantee someone you can insta join a war for them. Still, I don’t think its 100% as easy as “I guarantee everyone that Germany attacks” and you can insta join anything or something.

NEPTUNE the great wrote:

Um... who are the mods though?
      Zaktty, Claudio, Crayfish, Sam, Zhukov and I

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carking the 6th ().

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Swearing is indeed realistic roleplaying in some cases, but it ought to be confined to diplomacy. The newspapers would censor quotes containing that sort of language IRL (and automatically does in the game anyway, I notice).
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Swearing is indeed realistic roleplaying in some cases, but it ought to be confined to diplomacy. The newspapers would censor quotes containing that sort of language IRL (and automatically does in the game anyway, I notice).
      I guess we should just allow the game to censor as words are said, right? Punishing someone for dropping a quote with shite or jackdonkey written once or twice feels excessive… as long as they aren’t saying like the donking N-word or constantly bombing their articles with fruck we should be fine…

• Carking the 6th wrote:

I guess we should just allow the game to censor as words are said, right? Punishing someone for dropping a quote with shite or jackdonkey written once or twice feels excessive… as long as they aren’t saying like the donking N-word or constantly bombing their articles with fruck we should be fine…
      Well certain levels of common sense are expected.
      If anyone wants to use high levels of expletives (but absolutely not slurs, that's crossing the line), that ought to be allowed, but they have to come up with an in-universe justification.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!