Tips for Beginners

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Klusey wrote:

I did not think ALL heavy tanks users are imbeciles, but I definitely think you are after what you just said here lol

The main exception to this rule is when a competent player is doing a challenge that forces them to build heavy tanks. It's still a bad strategy, but it's not a bad player, per se.

I've seen HT used as damage soakers on an arty or RRG stack. They are good at that, because they have a lot of HP. Still not the best idea. There are other ways to get HP into your stack for a lot less. Upgraded militia come to mind. Other tough, upgraded units could be mechanized infantry, regular infantry. Those do better in RRG battles because RRG do more damage to heavy armor, making blueprint militia a very effective, cheap soaker. And you can scatter them if needed to play a special forces role. HT can't do much of their own. They are basically large, slow, expensive targets.
    • Using RRG as damage soakers is just a bad idea to begin with, every heavy is essentially one less railgun. Sure it solves the rushing problem, but also results in you losing the RRG duel as you now have less railguns to challenge your enemies with. Even then, TDs/ATs + ACs/Inf/Milita do the exact same thing but are either cheaper, or use resources that aren't demanded by rails. Not even to mention how the math doesn't really support Heavy Tanks in railroad gun armies at all. Adding a heavy will redirect damage just as well as a Militia unit until the militia dies.
      Say hi on the discord <3.
    • Meowy Mittens wrote:

Not even to mention how the math doesn't really support Heavy Tanks in railroad gun armies at all. Adding a heavy will redirect damage just as well as a Militia unit until the militia dies.
      I think the logic used by those people is that since HT has much greater amounts of HP, they will be able to survive longer and they will absorb more damage which will result in your RRGs keeping more of their HP.

Stay Sweet!
    • Ehhh, I mean sure. But heavies will be at around 50-20% (based on level) when the RRG dies, aka does you no real good. Maxed militia have around the same HP as Railguns, therefore will die at around the same time assuming the armor class damage is relatively the same. Heavies should have approximately 4-5x the HP, but also have the same increase in cost. You should be able to afford 4-5x the militia, so the overall HP increase around the same, but also has a far more drastic effect on railgun damage reduction.
      Say hi on the discord <3.
    • Manpower is an issue. This is another reason militia are better. They can do other things, like spread out to take land. They can also shoot down planes. Blueprint militia have very respectable AA values.

7.5 air defense base value. Plus terrain bonuses in mountains, hills, woods.P lus doctrine bonuses for Commie and Pan Asian. Even without bonuses, 10 militia give you 75 air defense. You don't need AA guns. Chew on that for a second.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Manpower is an issue. This is another reason militia are better. They can do other things, like spread out to take land. They can also shoot down planes. Blueprint militia have very respectable AA values.

7.5 air defense base value. Plus terrain bonuses in mountains, hills, woods.P lus doctrine bonuses for Commie and Pan Asian. Even without bonuses, 10 militia give you 75 air defense. You don't need AA guns. Chew on that for a second.
      Yes, same thing with infantry and AC. Versatility and cost are these units greatest advantages.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Klusey wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

You guys must think all Heavy Tank users are imbecils, i stack mine with high level Artillery and SPAA, along with a good airforce, after that theyre insanely OP
      I did not think ALL heavy tanks users are imbeciles, but I definitely think you are after what you just said here lol

z00mz00m wrote:

Klusey wrote:

The main exception to this rule is when a competent player is doing a challenge that forces them to build heavy tanks. It's still a bad strategy, but it's not a bad player, per se.

I've seen HT used as damage soakers on an arty or RRG stack. They are good at that, because they have a lot of HP. Still not the best idea. There are other ways to get HP into your stack for a lot less. Upgraded militia come to mind. Other tough, upgraded units could be mechanized infantry, regular infantry. Those do better in RRG battles because RRG do more damage to heavy armor, making blueprint militia a very effective, cheap soaker. And you can scatter them if needed to play a special forces role. HT can't do much of their own. They are basically large, slow, expensive targets.

*Yawn* pretty much.

Also i have only lost a single HT in the 29 days of this game. and HT's were the best thing to build since i always have 13k Iron extra and 64k Oil, i have 1.4k food production but im using that all for high level Mech and my goods for high level Arty, then the RRG's i produce.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Manpower is an issue. This is another reason militia are better. They can do other things, like spread out to take land. They can also shoot down planes. Blueprint militia have very respectable AA values.

10 maxed tacs deal more that 2x that much. So you do kinda need AA
    • Meowy Mittens wrote:

Ehhh, I mean sure. But heavies will be at around 50-20% (based on level) when the RRG dies, aka does you no real good. Maxed militia have around the same HP as Railguns, therefore will die at around the same time assuming the armor class damage is relatively the same. Heavies should have approximately 4-5x the HP, but also have the same increase in cost. You should be able to afford 4-5x the militia, so the overall HP increase around the same, but also has a far more drastic effect on railgun damage reduction.
      I agree wholeheartedly