Favourites?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• events are not for beginners

they are usually harder. I would reccomend 1944 endgame

very nice

you can change the course of history
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • Heh, you're not really a beginner when you remember that map...
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • All of those fun as hell historical scenario maps other than All countries all in are gone. Some just didn’t get players, others didn’t work in new upstate’s or something, but they are all gone. I miss them.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Believe me, that map was no fun at all.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • PAN ASIA IS LOVE, PAN ASIA IS LIFE!
      Why? Because they buff all my favorite units: Interceptors, Naval Bombers, Infantry, Artillery, Armored Cars and Light Tanks. Additionally the doctrine bonus of extra speed and increased terrain buffs is soooo much fun to utilize to it's maximum potential.

Favorite Event? Probably Capital Rush, 2x speed is just so nice, not too slow, not too fast. I only really play World at War because I like the challenge and long games, and having a FFA variant that is just a bit different than the usual games which is nice. Also despite how it looks, it is significantly easier to win a solo victory on this map than it is on a regular World at War game (aka ego boost). Plus 50k gold reward to add to my mountain =).

Naturally Capital Rush isn't exactly newbie friendly, start with the smaller maps like Europe and Homefront. Once you get sick of the AI, join me in World at War lobbies for the true Call of War experience.
      Say hi on the discord <3.
    • My favourite doctrine is the Comintern because I play on public World of War maps the most, where 80% of players don't use interceptors enough so I don't care about the Comintern interceptor debuff when I'll be better than the rest anyways.

The rest of the buffs suit me very well, especially those towards ranged units.
    • Meowy Mittens wrote:

PAN ASIA IS LOVE, PAN ASIA IS LIFE!
      Why? Because they buff all my favorite units: Interceptors, Naval Bombers, Infantry, Artillery, Armored Cars and Light Tanks. Additionally the doctrine bonus of extra speed and increased terrain buffs is soooo much fun to utilize to it's maximum potential.

Favorite Event? Probably Capital Rush, 2x speed is just so nice, not too slow, not too fast. I only really play World at War because I like the challenge and long games, and having a FFA variant that is just a bit different than the usual games which is nice. Also despite how it looks, it is significantly easier to win a solo victory on this map than it is on a regular World at War game (aka ego boost). Plus 50k gold reward to add to my mountain =).

Naturally Capital Rush isn't exactly newbie friendly, start with the smaller maps like Europe and Homefront. Once you get sick of the AI, join me in World at War lobbies for the true Call of War experience.
      You and @Lady Aragosta would get along.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • My two favourites are Comintern and Pan-Asian. Regardless of doctrine my army is mostly comprised of militia and artillery, both of which get buffs in Comintern (particularly militia, which is awesome), but they also both get buffed in Pan-Asian (although militia's isn't the most significant change) and I love the speed and terrain buffs there. I'm not sure which I prefer.
      Allied is alright and probably the best for someone just starting to play CoW, being the most balanced, but since my introduction and conversion to Pan-Asian its reduced movement speed has driven me up the wall.
      Haven't played Axis (that will change in the WWII RP) but from what I've heard it isn't going to suit me very well and I personally think it's overrated.

Only event I've done so far is ACAI, and that was a round as the USA to sponsor Luxembourg. Next time I feel like getting flattened I'm going to join a Dominion: Antarctica round, which I've heard good things about.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • CommanderRhino wrote:

What is your favourite doctrine and why?

What is your favourite event and why? What would you recommend for a beginner?
      I have 17 games joined,1 solo victory,6 coalition victories.
      I have played with Allies, Axis, Comintern and one map of Pan-Asian(which I couldn't finish).

3 coalition victories -Comintern, two Turkey and one Caucasus

2 coalition victories -Allies,one Southern US, one Alaska

1 coalition victory -Axis,Spain

1 solo victory -Comintern, Turkey (Poland and France were coalition members, France got absorbed by Northern US and Poland I left because I had the solo victory points and he stagnated however Poland did manage to expand)

I haven't really got fully into events yet but soon I will,I played one Dominion and failed.At the moment I'm trying to ace the individual doctrines, Comintern Turkey paid off.Not that I'm aiming for solo victory only, I've noticed solo is hard work because activity plays a huge role and coalition is more fun.
      Images
      • Screenshot_20231220-184854.png

233.66 kB, 480×960, viewed 4 times
      • Screenshot_20231215-172757.png

267.52 kB, 480×960, viewed 3 times

The post was edited 3 times, last by Vanrendo ().