Chance of an uprising

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Maybe rather than forces being left behind, focus on your resources. Are you lacking any? Maybe you're fighting too many wars at one time and your provinces struggle to get morale, even your cores? Check what your cores morale is, then come back and give us a report on them.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• Butter Ball Bill wrote:

Maybe rather than forces being left behind, focus on your resources. Are you lacking any? Maybe you're fighting too many wars at one time and your provinces struggle to get morale, even your cores? Check what your cores morale is, then come back and give us a report on them.
      I have perfect resources and morale is good .

After i take over a provinces - it has 25% morale ( beccause it was just been taken over ) and when i do it fast ( taking over 8-9 provinces in one day - revolts are becoming a problem .

So i am trying to figure out what is the corect number of troups that i should leave in the newly qunquerd province so that in case of revolt that province remains mine.
    • I am not at all happy with the rebellion system in this game.

In S1914 you could leave 10 units behind and be sure to hold the province. 10 units didn't hurt in that game because you have plenty of units.

In this game though, you are critically short of units all the time, even for major operations. You just don't have the forces to leave large garrisons behind to suppress rebellions. This means you must either leave no units behind and risk losing some provinces, leave an inadequate force behind and hope you don't lose it to a rebellion, or leave a substantial force behind and thus slow your overall advance down to a crawl.

I have already lost a number of one-unit garrisons to rebellions so I am trying 2-unit garrisons now. Even so, I have some provinces that have rebelled two or three days in a row so I still can't move my garrison away.

Also, having just checked the chances of rebellion in a bunch of provinces, they don't appear to make any logical sense at all. I have one province, for example, with only two units in it that has a 2% chance of rebellion. But I have another province with 11 units in it and it has a 26% chance of rebellion!

I agree with Ciphas that the rebellion system has not been calibrated sufficiently to account for the much smaller armies you are able to build in this game compared to S1914. They either need to reduce the number of troops required to suppress a rebellion, or allow you to build bigger armies faster.
    • What i can say for sure is that 3 units or less is a waste beccause you can lose them or worst they can desert .

So by now i will onlly use 4 or more or none at all .

Also after 30% ( after first day ) none of my provinces revolted.

I sugest we use militia as a unit for protection ( aka 1 militia can defend from revolts one province )
    • I have fund a way to save my troups in case a rebelion starts .

Lets say you have taken a big portion of the enemy teritory and you have few units there ( maybe just one armored car ) and you do not want to lose it in case of a rebelion .

I tried with succes to keep the mention unit ( armored car ) in the province but on the roads not on the province nod and i saw that even if that province revolted against me i did not lose the armored car .
    • Ciphas wrote:

I have fund a way to save my troups in case a rebelion starts .

Lets say you have taken a big portion of the enemy teritory and you have few units there ( maybe just one armored car ) and you do not want to lose it in case of a rebelion .

I tried with succes to keep the mention unit ( armored car ) in the province but on the roads not on the province nod and i saw that even if that province revolted against me i did not lose the armored car .
      Well good, but does it stop the province rebelling?
    • The said advice about a province and the fact that it can't rebel if it's not connected by land or sea to another province is wrong.

I was playing as Spain once, and the UK decided to make a surprise Anschluss (hohoho). He forgot to put garrisons and three of my provinces that he conquered promptly decided to join...Sweden. And one joined Karelia.

Both of these places are literally halfway across the map and are not connected (one was connected via a long sea route, but the rest of the rebels were inland).

Play it safe, bring some extra militia along.
    • I'll admit I haven't read the responses and this may be repetitive, but a few comments. In terms of units protecting uprise, most times a failure is do to putting say tanks or AC in a city. They have low HP in a city and have low power. The strength of an uprise varies so it is possible to lose with a bigger defense but in general 15 or more HP and 3 or more power should quell most revolts. The proximity of high morale provs of other countries may influence the strength of uprise but not sure about that. Likewise it may influence the chance of uprise but that seems less likely since the prov already states the chance in the prov info. However, that chance could be multiplied by some other factor. Consider what country is most likely to gain prov in revolt. If it is country you are at war with then don't try to defend prov. Just take it back. If it is not a res producing prov and get's taken from country you are not at war with then don't worry about it. At least in the short term it will help you by not penalizing adjacent provs for morale and sucking your food.