Tahanroz'ka Gulf apparently now English Channel

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tahanroz'ka Gulf apparently now English Channel

I wouldn't have reported this if it were a one-off thing, and it's still very minor in the grand scheme of things, but it annoys me. Earlier in a game I'm playing (CoN, Caucasus) I noticed the 'Armies' panel said that this cruiser was in the English Channel.

Later in the same game, a different naval stack in the same location was also labelled as being in the English Channel. (I didn't think to take a screenshot then, unfortunately.) I moved a convoy into the same spot to make sure, and sure enough: English Channel. Below is a screenshot of that incident.

So it would appear this isn't some freak one-off thing but a bug in the region names.

EDIT: To clarify, the problem appears to be confined to the gulf and not the rest of the Sea of Azov, which is why I specified that particular area.
      I spent longer than I'd care to admit navigating Google Maps and reading through Wikipedia articles on Eastern European geography trying to work out what a) the name of Tahanroz'ka Gulf was and b) whether it was counted as part of the Sea of Azov, which I was 90% sure it was but not certain. Even now I'm not certain, so if I stuffed up the names and suchlike let me know so I can correct it.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lady Aragosta ().

• Follow-up:

Another convoy of mine has just travelled through the Kerch Strait and into the Black Sea, which apparently is now the Bay of Biscay.

Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!