Ebb And Flow Of The Forums Is Different.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Claudio NVKP wrote:

Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

Claudio NVKP wrote:

And one more thing is that People are getting these huge ranks like General with no effort whatsover, back in the days this wasn’t common at all. How is this happening though.
      Firstly, how does rank even matter?
      No, they do not, but I'm trying to show all the spamming and like pact things here. They get those end ranks within weeks of joining which is uncommon.
      I'm proud that I earned general fair and square, but to be fair, it is way more common now...
      May I add my five cents...I was thinking about this.Yes the forum is for everyone regardless of rank, points, social popularity or who's the coolest.And I agree,it seems on the forum you can become high rank by liking posts and posting posts, even if it's not meaningful advice,forum activity can give you rank.I'm not complaining about players with good game ranks that knows their stuff that are high ranking forum members.I'm pointing out players that have high forum ranks but have low terrible game records.Chances are good that some people have good game records but have a low forum rank,only because they don't spend much time on the forum.
      Most of the people I have encountered on the forum or must I say the regulars, have good high forum ranks and good game records.
      I personally myself would feel stupid if I have a General of the Armies forum rank but I suck in the game with over a 100+ maps played with no victories.I'm not saying victories makes you the shite but it does contribute to your credibility as an experienced player.There's experienced forum members and there's experienced call of war players... some people are both, others are only one of the two.

For example there's a forum member that was chasing the rank of General of the Armies on the forum by liking posts left and right even if he disagreed with it, replying to posts, sometimes repeating the very same thing people posted and replying back by belittling other people.But his game record is pathetic.By the time this person will reach the rank of General of the Armies,he will be known as General of the Arseholes

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vanrendo ().

• Vanrendo wrote:

May I add my five cents...I was thinking about this.Yes the forum is for everyone regardless of rank, points, social popularity or who's the coolest.And I agree,it seems on the forum you can become high rank by liking posts and posting posts, even if it's not meaningful advice,forum activity can give you rank.I'm not complaining about players with good game ranks that knows their stuff that are high ranking forum members.I'm pointing out players that have high forum ranks but have low terrible game records.Chances are good that some people have good game records but have a low forum rank,only because they don't spend much time on the forum.Most of the people I have encountered on the forum or must I say the regulars, have good high forum ranks and good game records.
      I personally myself would feel stupid if I have a General of the Armies forum rank but I suck in the game with over a 100+ maps played with no victories.I'm not saying victories makes you the shite but it does contribute to your credibility as an experienced player.

For example there's a forum member that was chasing the rank of General of the Armies on the forum by liking posts left and right even if he disagreed with it, replying to posts, sometimes repeating the very same thing people posted and replying back by belittling other people.But his game record is pathetic.By the time this person will reach the rank of General of the Armies,he will be known as General of the Arseholes
      Well, this is exactly what I've been saying for a long enough time, and even a few years ago people chased these forum ranks, they didn't still get it though, nowadays it is so easy. But how, what's different here?
      The Saviour
    • I honestly don't know @Claudio NVKP I myself only have been on the forum for five months and I personally feel that I'm not "matured enough" to hold the candle with most of you guys here.I will get there eventually.
      Maybe if Bytro could have some sort of forum rank/name revamp.What I mean is,if you registered on the game,that same game name must be your name on the forum with a similar "rank" on the forum/or the forum rank must progress the same as your game experience(I could maybe be wrong about this but I stand to be corrected).I can spend more time here on the forum than the game have a rank here but I'm still a noob in the game...?
    • Ingame rank doesn't really mean anything either; I'm pretty sure I'm a higher rank than 6thDragon ingame, but no way am I better than that dude. Likewise, I've beaten the 6th (I think?) highest globally ranked player easily.
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • High in-game rank just means that you've been playing for a long time. Sure you get experience from that, but if you were a nitwit before, you'll just be an experienced nitwit.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I remember facing some level 170 player USA player in HWW. Easily crushed them, I don’t even recall them being active. Don’t trust ranks. There are also people like Claudio who had to make a new account but are actually very good at the game.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

I remember facing some level 170 player USA player in HWW. Easily crushed them, I don’t even recall them being active. Don’t trust ranks. There are also people like Claudio who had to make a new account but are actually very good at the game.
      Yeah indeed, when I was level 30 I defeated a level 120 guy who was at least, somewhat active. Rank doesn't matter much. Its easy to farm rank, just play euro map. Real skills are tested in difficult maps like speed or WaW.
      "We can be wrong, or we can know it, but we can't do both at the same time." ~ Heisenberg

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

I remember facing some level 170 player USA player in HWW. Easily crushed them, I don’t even recall them being active. Don’t trust ranks. There are also people like Claudio who had to make a new account but are actually very good at the game.
      Yeah indeed, when I was level 30 I defeated a level 120 guy who was at least, somewhat active. Rank doesn't matter much. Its easy to farm rank, just play euro map. Real skills are tested in difficult maps like speed or WaW.
      Yes I like this.I agree.I also believe and feel if I want to prove my steel, I have to take on good players on a map like WAW, the big maps.But due to real life circumstances I won't be able to be active enough on those maps.However I know in the future my circumstances will change and I will participate in the real Call of War.

(In the meantime I'm making notes in my little black book of all the good players,on the forum as well in-game,how they execute their strategy...the day when I'm able to join you freaks on a map, I will have my notes to counter,thank you hahaha)
    • I still remember when I was still a newbie, joining doomsday map, and got to play as N. Mexico.
      Luckily, I was in a coalition, but the thing is... Once the peace period in the game is over, Argentina, and his other ally who were around rank 100+, and I still remember clearly that Argentina has silver medal, while his other ally has the same gold medal as my rank now IIRC.

Both of Argentina, and his ally were nuking me at the same time... I was asleep at that time, and just woke up to a new level of horror... I mean, the hell? That's not even fair.
      I still have my leftover nukes, and use them all to nuke both of them, and using every unit I have to fight them... I didn't really know what to do back then, so I call my allies for help, and out of 5 allies of mine... Only 1 of them helped me, despite it isn't much... It's enough to give me time to push them...

They were too strong, and none of my allies were at least in the same rank as them IIRC... I was relentless at fighting them since I'm determined to win this no matter how silly I am I was in the game...
      Somehow, they slowly stop moving their armies, and go inactive once I made my progress? Which is a luck in my time back in my noob days.
      I began to gobble both of them, and continue to advance despite the ally of mine who helped me through that hard time was inactive as well. I was left with 1 ally who does absolutely NOTHING!

I'm literally solo-ing all of N. America by myself, including Cuba, and able to rack up around 1k+ of VPs followed with 1m cash out of it.
      My last ally only came to my aid when I asked him to do so... It was a very fun round ngl.

I wish I could keep the archive, so I can brag about it, lol... But in the end, yes... Rank doesn't always matter in the game.
      I'm fine if people want to get high rank in the forum, even if they're noob in the game... As long as they don't post something offensive/annoying. There's nothing to be ashamed about it.
      For me, you do you, and I do me.
      I realized the power I held, Power! The power to rule! To make the world grovel at my feet!
      We will begin with a reign of terror. A few murders here and there, murders of great men, murders of little men, just to show we make no distinction.
      ꧋ꦔꦺꦴꦤꦺꦴꦪꦺꦴꦔꦺꦴꦤꦺꦴ꧈ꦤꦔꦶꦁꦎꦗꦺꦴꦔꦺꦴꦤꦺꦴ꧉

Carking's alt.
    • Vanrendo wrote:

Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

(In the meantime I'm making notes in my little black book of all the good players,on the forum as well in-game,how they execute their strategy...the day when I'm able to join you freaks on a map, I will have my notes to counter,thank you hahaha)
      I want to read that book…

Kadeko wrote:

I still remember when I was still a newbie, joining doomsday map, and got to play as N. Mexico.
      Luckily, I was in a coalition, but the thing is... Once the peace period in the game is over, Argentina, and his other ally who were around rank 100+, and I still remember clearly that Argentina has silver medal, while his other ally has the same gold medal as my rank now IIRC.

Both of Argentina, and his ally were nuking me at the same time... I was asleep at that time, and just woke up to a new level of horror... I mean, the hell? That's not even fair.
      I still have my leftover nukes, and use them all to nuke both of them, and using every unit I have to fight them... I didn't really know what to do back then, so I call my allies for help, and out of 5 allies of mine... Only 1 of them helped me, despite it isn't much... It's enough to give me time to push them...

They were too strong, and none of my allies were at least in the same rank as them IIRC... I was relentless at fighting them since I'm determined to win this no matter how silly I am I was in the game...
      Somehow, they slowly stop moving their armies, and go inactive once I made my progress? Which is a luck in my time back in my noob days.
      I began to gobble both of them, and continue to advance despite the ally of mine who helped me through that hard time was inactive as well. I was left with 1 ally who does absolutely NOTHING!

I'm literally solo-ing all of N. America by myself, including Cuba, and able to rack up around 1k+ of VPs followed with 1m cash out of it.
      My last ally only came to my aid when I asked him to do so... It was a very fun round ngl.

I wish I could keep the archive, so I can brag about it, lol... But in the end, yes... Rank doesn't always matter in the game.
      I'm fine if people want to get high rank in the forum, even if they're noob in the game... As long as they don't post something offensive/annoying. There's nothing to be ashamed about it.
      Fun times. It seems Argentina is always screwing you over, and in more than one way…

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Vanrendo wrote:

Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

I want to read that book…

Kadeko wrote:

I still remember when I was still a newbie, joining doomsday map, and got to play as N. Mexico.

Fun times. It seems Argentina is always screwing you over, and in more than one way…
      The last part about Argentina is too far... You seem to hold a grudge on that part, do you?
      I realized the power I held, Power! The power to rule! To make the world grovel at my feet!
      We will begin with a reign of terror. A few murders here and there, murders of great men, murders of little men, just to show we make no distinction.

Carking's alt.
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

No idea what you mean
      You know what I'm talking about... :tumbleweed:

Carking's alt.