1991 Role Play: Brainstorming and Planning

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Excellent! Passes. Very nice. Though Islam is monotheistic and they would Allah rather than the gods…
      Yes, but the Ottoman Empire is multicultural. The grandson being referenced is fighting in the Gallipoli campaign, under Attaturk. He could be from any ethnicity or religion. Turkic people in Ottoman times adopted many different religions, though the people of the court and clothe, and the upper echelons of the army, usually stayed in Islam.

In reading the passage again, I did spot a mistake - Attaturk would have been a Lt. Colonel at this time, not a Maj. General.
    • I've been playing Russia for years. Played it in every era from 1750 to 2021. Been there, done that. Hard pass.

I'm just passing through to see the state of my union fellas. Playing a minor suits me just fine. If I like how things are, I might stick around, maybe finish my guide, and play a major then. Otherwise I'll be back in a couple of years, and hopefully not have lost my account again.
    • Imperator Don wrote:

I've been playing Russia for years. Played it in every era from 1750 to 2021. Been there, done that. Hard pass.

I'm just passing through to see the state of my union fellas. Playing a minor suits me just fine. If I like how things are, I might stick around, maybe finish my guide, and play a major then. Otherwise I'll be back in a couple of years, and hopefully not have lost my account again.
      Fair, I just thought you deserved the biggest country on the map lol
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Talvisota wrote:

Imperator Don wrote:

I've been playing Russia for years. Played it in every era from 1750 to 2021. Been there, done that. Hard pass.

Fair, I just thought you deserved the biggest country on the map lol
      lol, I wasn't complaining. Thanks for the vote of confidence, it's just not something I want to do now, and definitely don't want to build up unrealistic expectations in you guys either.
    • Imperator Don wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Excellent! Passes. Very nice. Though Islam is monotheistic and they would Allah rather than the gods…
      Yes, but the Ottoman Empire is multicultural. The grandson being referenced is fighting in the Gallipoli campaign, under Attaturk. He could be from any ethnicity or religion. Turkic people in Ottoman times adopted many different religions, though the people of the court and clothe, and the upper echelons of the army, usually stayed in Islam.
      In reading the passage again, I did spot a mistake - Attaturk would have been a Lt. Colonel at this time, not a Maj. General.
      That was in earlier times. By WW1, the Ottoman Empire had been solely Muslim for centuries. Pagans were gone. They had made Islam what tied their empire together and what gave them an identity. The Turkic gods had been forgotten in even Central Asia by this time, in favor of Islam.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Imperator Don wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Yes, but the Ottoman Empire is multicultural. The grandson being referenced is fighting in the Gallipoli campaign, under Attaturk. He could be from any ethnicity or religion. Turkic people in Ottoman times adopted many different religions, though the people of the court and clothe, and the upper echelons of the army, usually stayed in Islam.In reading the passage again, I did spot a mistake - Attaturk would have been a Lt. Colonel at this time, not a Maj. General.
      That was in earlier times. By WW1, the Ottoman Empire had been solely Muslim for centuries. Pagans were gone. They had made Islam what tied their empire together and what gave them an identity. The Turkic gods had been forgotten in even Central Asia by this time, in favor of Islam.
      You are wrong about this. In 1909 the Ottomans started recruiting without regard for religion. The standing practice in the Empire was always that if non-muslims didn't want to pay special taxes, they had to serve in the army. This was diluted to an extent during the late 19th century, but in the early 20th century this was reversed and they started recruiting just about anyone.
    • Hello everyone, could I get a run-down on this RP?

(My 2nd final exam is tmr, after that I have a month of free time to RP)
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Even better! By that time I would finish my last exam(s)
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

Karl von Krass wrote:

Even better! By that time I would finish my last exam(s)
      Wow, that is great! You should sign up for the rp then.
      The only country left is UK. I sign up for that. Do I give an article or smth?

Secretary of Nova0213
    • I apply for: Sweden I guess?

Secretary of Nova0213
    • I think you should be accepted as Sweden since the guy who had to play sweden has been perma banned for almost a month, that guy isn't gonna return anytime soon so yeah.
      "We can be wrong, or we can know it, but we can't do both at the same time." ~ Heisenberg

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • Imperator Don wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Imperator Don wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Yes, but the Ottoman Empire is multicultural. The grandson being referenced is fighting in the Gallipoli campaign, under Attaturk. He could be from any ethnicity or religion. Turkic people in Ottoman times adopted many different religions, though the people of the court and clothe, and the upper echelons of the army, usually stayed in Islam.In reading the passage again, I did spot a mistake - Attaturk would have been a Lt. Colonel at this time, not a Maj. General.
      You are wrong about this. In 1909 the Ottomans started recruiting without regard for religion. The standing practice in the Empire was always that if non-muslims didn't want to pay special taxes, they had to serve in the army. This was diluted to an extent during the late 19th century, but in the early 20th century this was reversed and they started recruiting just about anyone.
      Yes, I mean monotheistic. There were 0 people following any ancient Turkic religions. All people in the Empire were basically Muslim, Christian or Jews, with only a tiny amount of say, Hindus and Buddhists and such. Still, their empire had always placed the Islamic religion as a center point up until modernization and the hijacking of the young Turks that turned them into… not so good people.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate