1991 Role Play: Brainstorming and Planning

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 1991 Role Play: Brainstorming and Planning

NOTE: THIS THREAD IS A CONTINUATION OF: 1991 Role Play (Original Thread)

**NOTE: THIS IS JUST AN IDEA FOR NOW UNTIL ANY CURRENT FORUM RP GAMES END AND IF WE GET ENOUGH PARTICIPANTS**

Here we can discuss ideas about planning the roleplay, including what bloc nations should be in, landgrabbing issues, bloc balancing, etc. I'm going to put down people's names here who want certain nations, although nobody's locked in just yet - everyone has an opportunity to sign up for the nation they want. Major powers, such as Russia, USA, UK, etc. will only be given to trusted community members who have previous RP experience.

Western Bloc (NATO):
      Eastern Bloc (Warsaw Pact/Cominform/Comintern):

Neutral Bloc (Non-Aligned Movement):

The captain of the neutral team would be chosen later.

Countries with an asterisk (*) will only be available for players with previous RP experience, as we will need quailty performances from these nations for the RP to play out adequately.

Also, so this thread doesn't turn into a 20-page off-topic s**tshow, please ONLY DISCUSS THINGS RELATED TO THE PLANNED 1991 RP HERE. Thank you.

The post was edited 19 times, last by AleksanderZ: Claudio is UK, Karl is Sweden ().

• I’d argue Ukraine is more important than Romania to put under an experienced player, as they would be closer and more important to Russia and have a pivotal role to them. They’d also have a few thousand Russian nukes…

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Gonna mention a few points from the other thread here.

Zaktty wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

There is only one way to find out…
      There is certainly enough, give me the word and I could probably create a conversation with 22 people + who all enjoy and are good at RPing

Komrade Khrushchev wrote:

Maybe a West Country can own them and rp as if they were a separate country?
      I think that sounds like a good idea, however maybe only in Israel as Jordan was pro-Palestine by 1988.
      It Pro-Palestine, however also pro-western and began moving to normalize relations with both and try the 2 state solution at the time. This was and is a heavy point of contention up to this day as common Jordanians are far more Pro-Palestine and Anti-Western than the government .

Zaktty wrote:

The borders of Poland, Morocco, Ukraine, Egypt, Russia, Romania , Yugoslavia, Finland and Spain will have to be changed and this could have serious consequences, e,g. Poland and Romania may only have 3 cities if we are totally realistic, I think 4 should be the minimum for a player.
      Morocco would lose a few resource rurals,but we switched their borders in the 1914 to modern ones and it worked out fine, they still have 5 cities. Ukraine and Poland are probably better off holding their cities, though Germany would cede some eastern lands. Finland could cede lands like the RP, 4 cities Finland being always fearful of Russian agreesion is realistic. As a Jordanian I think I can RP them joining me, I already have a plan for what I will do…

AleksanderZ wrote:

Zaktty wrote:

The borders of Poland, Morocco, Ukraine, Egypt, Russia, Romania , Yugoslavia, Finland and Spain will have to be changed and this could have serious consequences, e,g. Poland and Romania may only have 3 cities if we are totally realistic, I think 4 should be the minimum for a player.
      Well pretend Romania annexed Hungary for simplicity’s sake. Finland will only have to give up 1 city. Yugoslavia will only have 3 cities but that’s fair because Croatia is neutral and they have multiple Eastern Bloc nations around them. Poland is trickiest: They would only have 3 cities if we do accurate borders, maybe we’ll have them keep Lvov. Depending on what we do with Russia it may change.
      Good idea, we already did a Danube Union in the 1949 so that can happen again, or we can have their player RP them seperatly as allies that slowly unite. I think we should just keep Yugoslavia United for now, and let their player RP them either crushing revolts or become ong some sort of federation. Crippled Yugoslavia also kinda took place in 1914 and it made poor Tanke kinda weak in that game for a while. I’d say we just give Poland some German land and let them keep what they have, perhaps Russia and Ukraine ceded it to them for some reason that the experienced Russian player will be able to RP. Past games show that removing cores causes a lot of pain…

AleksanderZ wrote:

Zaktty wrote:

Agreed, Lviv stays Polish, but I am not sure about Yugoslavia, I didn’t pick 3 cities as the cut off because of fairness, I picked it because even with 4, the economy starts to stop on day 25, so I can’t imagine how bad it could be with only 3.
      By day 25, Yugoslavia will be destroyed, or they will have more cities. I’m thinking of forcing Yugo and Croatia to fight once the land swap ends, that way we can either settle things diplomatically or one of them is destroyed.
      Once the war is over Yugo can expand into Bulgaria, Greece etc, like what I did in the 1949 RP.
      What country will play Yugoslavia anyway? I guess you mean this stuff is RP’ed? In the 1949 and 1914 we’ve found that countries really get crippled when losing core cities, so I just don’t think it’s a worthwhile endeavor to RP the fall of Yugoslavia with their cores going to people who will barely benefit and such.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • AleksanderZ wrote:

GeneralTanke wrote:

Because I will be a moderator in this RP, I will choose Romania. This might change depending on who Russia is though.
      Umm you can’t just declare yourself a mod LOL. Since I’m not in the current RP, get Carking and Zhukov to vouch for you.
      Can I be a mod? I could get @Zaktty, forum president himself, to vouch for me

Also Finland plz
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate