Your most embarrassing defeat?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Your most embarrassing defeat?

What is your worst ever defeat in the game till now? Rate the defeats pain and embarrassment out of 10.
      "We can be wrong, or we can know it, but we can't do both at the same time." ~ Heisenberg

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • Oh man, here goes.......

If you remember @Zaktty's Clash of Nations play through thread from last year, you will have heard abput this one.

Basically, I was playing as Libya, and I attempted to appease Romania (my AI popularity with them was shockingly low) by giving them RoW. Then, they literally moved all their units into my territory. I wasn't too comfortable with this, so I did literally the worst thing possible: I removed the RoW agreement. Found myself at war with Seven AIs in no time.

I'd have to give that one an 8, because it was, admittedly, rather whimsical.
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate

The post was edited 1 time, last by Talvisota ().

• My worst defeat lmao.

It was a WaW, I was yugoslavia. Me and my right hand romania conquered europe easily. I was joined by India and Pakistan. My right hand went inactive( he was a very good player), it was a big shock for me. However, I conquered whole africa, england etc and had 1,000 individual points. I found myself at war with south american coalition who had a golder. The other alliance members got clapped easily but that golder was fatal, I fought him hard and pushed my alliance to 3600 points after which cali(an ally) left and betrayed us. I lost a major naval battle and was completely eradicated from the face of earth in the next 2 days. Those fools literally danced on my grave and called me war criminal for no reason. They even denied to fight in a new round... lol, "No round 2 you bastard!".

So, this was painful.
      TMC
    • The Mister Class wrote:

My worst defeat lmao.

It was a WaW, I was yugoslavia. Me and my right hand romania conquered europe easily. I was joined by India and Pakistan. My right hand went inactive( he was a very good player), it was a big shock for me. However, I conquered whole africa, england etc and had 1,000 individual points. I found myself at war with south american coalition who had a golder. The other alliance members got clapped easily but that golder was fatal, I fought him hard and pushed my alliance to 3600 points after which cali(an ally) left and betrayed us. I lost a major naval battle and was completely eradicated from the face of earth in the next 2 days. Those fools literally danced on my grave and called me war criminal for no reason. They even denied to fight in a new round... lol, "No round 2 you bastard!".

So, this was painful.
      Big story lol
      "We can be wrong, or we can know it, but we can't do both at the same time." ~ Heisenberg

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • Talvisota wrote:

Oh man, here goes.......

If you remember @Zaktty's Clash of Nations play through thread from last year, you will have heard abput this one.

Basically, I was playing as Libya, and I attempted to appease Romania (my AI popularity with them was shockingly low) by giving them RoW. Then, they literally moved all their units into my territory. I wasn't too comfortable with this, so I did literally the worst thing possible: I removed the RoW agreement. Found myself at war with Seven AIs in no time.

That’s the game during which you joined the forum, right?
    • You-Know-Who wrote:

Talvisota wrote:

Oh man, here goes.......

That’s the game during which you joined the forum, right?
      Yeah
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • It was actually my very first game. I was Canada and in a coalition led by UK.
      We did very well. I took all north America then crossed the ocean, took Spain and south France, then took northern Italy.

The goal was to push across to hit Yugoslavia and Germany at the same time.

My troops were strung out...we were winning easily but I was going to need another 24 hours to get into position...

UK decided he was the boss and ORDERED me to attack Yugo immediately with the 5 units I had available.

I said I would attack tomorrow once my air force arrived at the front. Then went to bed.

In order for my planes to get there they had to use UK airstrips.

So the little ******* waited until all 26 of my planes were refueling on his airstrip...kicked me out and declared war on me.

I woke to see my air force gone, his destroyers has sunk half my subs, his navy had blown away most of my ships and his ground troops had cut across my path cutting me off.

I say this is embarrassing because I am more careful than that. I am an experienced war gamer of many years and I know better than this.

In the end, my former enemies saw what happened, joined up with me and together we blasted UK back to the stoneage.
    • Well, it ws a HWW, and there were only 4 people active, 3 of them barely. I sent my entire army into the German AI (I was South Africa) by mistake, and I woke up to ifnd them all dead, I didn't manage to save myself from the other dudes who joined in........
      10/10 pain
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • Up until now in my young COW career, this is by far my ultimate embarrassing defeat.
      I wanted to see how a Dawn of the Patriot game is like but it turned into a Dusk of the Patriot for me.I couldn't get into the Japanese team, I wanted to test Pan Asian against Allies.I had to take Allies as Victorias Finest.I also didn't take in consideration that on a Dawn map, players don't tend to waste time, they invade pretty fast.
      This is how Dusk fell upon me:
      Me and Blackfoot Confederancy were in the northern part,he had the Japanese Arctic,Tanimora Coast and Fuji Protectora immediately attacking him.Japanese Arctic also invaded my two north provinces, I managed to repel the invasion and push him back.Blackfoot was hackled by a Japanese player,he fell for the "not playing anymore, here's my resources for peace scam" ,he lost resources, therefore he got overrun coz he couldn't produce units.I had to support him and defend my north western border.The Japanese were coming fast and for the fear of loosing my north and giving the enemy a gap to invade me through Blackfoot territory, I took some units from my southwest and central borders and committed them towards the northern cause,at the same time I invaded Kikumon Frontier (I told myself I will use the new wave of units to reinforce the south and central.) However it did not work as planned.I had to use the new wave of units for Blackfoot territory also.It was at this point I realized I f*cked up.The Japanese laid a trap and I stepped into it.I couldn't back up my South/central border and I eventually got overpowered by four Japanese players.
      Victorias Finest became Victorias Poorest.
      Images
      • Screenshot_20240209-150056.jpg

42.48 kB, 480×749, viewed 2 times
      • Screenshot_20240210-071941.jpg

43.24 kB, 480×764, viewed 3 times
      • Screenshot_20240211-073456.jpg

37.25 kB, 480×616, viewed 2 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vanrendo ().