Current state of Doctrine balance

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Current state of Doctrine balance

So I thought to myself, why not start a thread to discuss some things? :)

How do you feel about the current Doctrine balance in the game? What would be your Doctrine ranking, and why?

Bonus question: Do you think that the recent addition of Nuclear fallout buffed Allies, due to them having access to Nukes earlier?
    • freezy wrote:

How do you feel about the current Doctrine balance in the game? What would be your Doctrine ranking, and why?

Bonus question: Do you think that the recent addition of Nuclear fallout buffed Allies, due to them having access to Nukes earlier?
      Overall, most doctrines are pretty balanced apart from Comintern, which while lethal if played correctly is really quite difficult to play if not extremely active. I don't know about allied nukes as I haven't joined a new round since the update due to the RP, but I suppose I'll reply to this when I do
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • freezy wrote:

I think that its unbalenced in favor of Allies, as they have far better industry. I also agree with Talvisota that Commintern doctrin is far behind the others. Maybe they should get 30% off productions instead of 15% off productions?
      The Swedish Piers Morgan
    • noblebright wrote:

freezy wrote:

I think that its unbalenced in favor of Allies, as they have far better industry. I also agree with Talvisota that Commintern doctrin is far behind the others. Maybe they should get 30% off productions instead of 15% off productions?
      30% is too much imo, maybe 20-25%?

• Talvisota wrote:

noblebright wrote:

freezy wrote:

No. It would make the equal to Allies and Axis. Axis gets hugely increased unit strenghts and Allies get Hugely increased production. Commintern gets nothing else and has reduced damage on top.
      The Swedish Piers Morgan
    • noblebright wrote:

Talvisota wrote:

noblebright wrote:

freezy wrote:

No. It would make the equal to Allies and Axis. Axis gets hugely increased unit strenghts and Allies get Hugely increased production. Commintern gets nothing else and has reduced damage on top.
      True, but that's the exact complaint I had. Unless you are super active you can't really take advantage of reduced production times

• Talvisota wrote:

noblebright wrote:

Talvisota wrote:

noblebright wrote:

freezy wrote:

True, but that's the exact complaint I had. Unless you are super active you can't really take advantage of reduced production times

Talvisota wrote:

noblebright wrote:

Talvisota wrote:

noblebright wrote:

freezy wrote:

I cant imagin you having that issue.
      The Swedish Piers Morgan
    • noblebright wrote:

Talvisota wrote:

noblebright wrote:

Talvisota wrote:

noblebright wrote:

freezy wrote:

Talvisota wrote:

noblebright wrote:

Talvisota wrote:

noblebright wrote:

freezy wrote:

I cant imagin you having that issue.
      Lol I do value my sleep, I just always have the forums tab open during the day lol.

• freezy wrote:

As for Freezy's second question; I dont think that the addition of Nuclear fallout makes much of a difference because Allies getting nukes a few days earlier at all does not make much of a difference and therefore neither does fallout. Despite this, I still think that the game is unballenced in Allies favour due their other advantages.
      The Swedish Piers Morgan
    • I feel like Pan-Asia, Comintern, and Axis are generally the top 3 factions among most players I see give their tier lists. Allies consistently is ranked dead last, or second last. Allies could probably use a buff. I believe the major reason allies suck is due to most of their buffs being on irrelevant off meta units that no one makes. Maybe tactical bombers, TDs and interceptors are the more common options, but none of which give any buffs that provide any real improvement to they task they are designed to do.

Personal tier list:
      1. Pan Asia
      2. Axis
      3. Comintern
      4. Allies

Axis used to be #1, but rail nerfs put them to #2.

Edit: I'm reading the other comments, and apparently you guys actually like allies? I'm more referring to the discord dwellers with the stuff I said.
      Say hi on the discord <3.
    • Allied and Comintern are easily some of my favorites to play, but they have a disadvantage at the start. You have to have real good economic management, survive later into the game and get yourself spamming to really overtake, but you still have a disadvantage against Pan-Asian planes and Axis land forces. I think another thing is a lot of units that people love to use (even if not to the best level) like Medium Tanks and Interceptors are a lot weaker in Allied and Commie doctrines, and especially ints are really vital in air as AA is underated and not used very often, usually making ints the only option. Tank destroyers too, which if used correctly do make up for medium tanks, but again just are not. The most buffed allied units like iirc armored cars and tacs are great then, but are not hyper deadly and falter against Pan-Asian planes and ships (which are a whole other thing).

Basically the simple attack and raw power is a lot higher in Axis and Pan-Asian, along with some of the more popular units being boosted in those doctrines. This along with most players not being good at economy and having to wait till mid to-late game to actually make use of it builds an idea of weaker doctrines, which is not entirely wrong. While rocket artillery and tank destroyers are good replacements to their debuffed counterparts, they aren’t as easy to use, which can really make these doctrines seem weak. The economy is again much stronger, you get upgrades and less upkeep and more units and such, but in the face of raw power and needing time it can be hard. Nukes are good but late game and expensive. Railroad guns are not, and though they’ve thankfully been debuffed they still stand very strong. Can all these doctrines be equally good? Yes. You can win as any, not any one doctrine is vastly superior than another with not chance stood. However some do have real advantages…

I think Comintern need a buff to their air, and maybe something that allows them to survive in the early game. Allied is in a good place overall, but something to help negate their speed disadvantage, which is extremely painful overall, would definitely of use. They should still have a starting disadvantage I believe, but something that allows a good player to survive say a day one axis attack from another good player. That’s easier said than done, but my overall belief is in that range.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • freezy wrote:

The fallout clouds should be made smaller, and the yellow circle thinner so we can still see. Probably best would be to put a nuclear symbol with a thinner yellow circle to allow for gameplay. While I understand how you placed doctrines, chanigng them up for an axis china or russia or america would BE very appreciated
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • Interesting opinions, thanks for the more detailed posts! Also very interesting that I now read from some that Allies is best and from others that Allies is worst. When opinions swing so widely it is usally a good sign that overall it is quite balanced and comes down to playstyle.

But please keep the opnions coming :)

TheZhukov wrote:

The fallout clouds should be made smaller, and the yellow circle thinner so we can still see. Probably best would be to put a nuclear symbol with a thinner yellow circle to allow for gameplay. While I understand how you placed doctrines, chanigng them up for an axis china or russia or america would BE very appreciated
      Thanks for the feedback, although that is a bit off-topic :D
    • Yes, my favorite is Comintern followed by Allies, overall I think they are mostly well balanced however the units everyone (especially newer people who think it will be like real life lol) loves using (interceptors, Medium tanks, infantry, etc) tend to be more powerful with the other two. Still, late game Allied and Comintern are insanely strong, you just gotta make it there and focus on economy.

• i like the state of balance right now but i think allies and comintern scalate to much on late game and its only balanced because the other doctrines expand faster than they. i would like to make them more viable early and not soo powerfull late-game.
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"
    • It makes sense though, IRL Japan and Germany had weaker industries and got absolutely dominated once the Soviets and Americans caught up to them. Still, the Axis managed to pull crazy shit in the early war. It’s realistic when you look at it that way.

• noblebright wrote:

I agree, we don't want to just dilute the doctoring for no reason.
      I disagree, the period of time when i got the most fun is when the 1.5 arrived and everything was new to try, yeah a lot of players left but new ones come

Carking the 6th wrote:

It makes sense though, IRL Japan and Germany had weaker industries and got absolutely dominated once the Soviets and Americans caught up to them. Still, the Axis managed to pull crazy shit in the early war. It’s realistic when you look at it that way.
      Yeah but You could take another way to aboard this and make the Game more balanced in every stage of the game.

For example reduce the upkeep bonus of comintern and make them produce units a little bit faster and the allies to fit their theme got a reduced contruction time/cost instead of the high reduced producción time
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"