High Lag

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• NobleBright.

If you do not know the answer to a question on the forums, either point them to someone who will, or DON'T REPLY AT ALL.

Anyway, I have been noticing the same thing although maybe it's just my rural English internet. Usually it gets better when I have reliable internet though, which isn't very often to be fair.
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate

The post was edited 1 time, last by Talvisota ().

• The lag of builds initiated taking some time to show has been there forever. Same goes for processing "ticks" (a combat round) which have a similar lag. This issue comes in wave; sometimes the game is really fast, and sometimes it gets really slow. It probably has something to do with server load and Bytro fighting off a thousand DDOS attacks way far beyond our understanding or something like that. Tip: reloading the page/game reliably returns the "processed" state in these cases.

I don't really know about the amount of traffic, all my devices have "free" amounts so I don't really care either. But keep in mind that it is a live game, which means that the client (your computer) has to ask the question "did something change?" to the server very often (like every second or so). 99% of the times the answer is no, but the 100th time it is "you spot a new, unknown unit at the edge of the vision of your 9th armored car brigade". And yeah, that constant tracking for changes can wear down on bandwidth and performance, especially if hundreds or thousands of clients are all doing it to the same server.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Talvisota wrote:

NobleBright.
      If you do not know the answer to a question on the forums, either point them to someone who will, or DON'T REPLY AT ALL.

Anyway, I have been noticing the same thing although maybe it's just my rural English internet. Usually it gets better when I have reliable internet though, which isn't very often to be fair.
      No. When I said Idk, by answering at alll, and liking their post, I was implying that I was experiencing the same problem.
      The Swedish Piers Morgan