Fighting stacks 10+

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Fighting stacks 10+

I understand that only the 10 best assets in a greater than 10 stack. If however the stack is a higher ranking can you overcome by attacking with say 2 x 10 stack yourself but ensuring they dont arrive at the same time?

Otherwise if they do or perhaps it is irellavent your 2 x 10 stack will be treated as a greater than 10 stack and you can never defeat it?
    • BladeFisher wrote:

I understand that only the 10 best assets in a greater than 10 stack. If however the stack is a higher ranking can you overcome by attacking with say 2 x 10 stack yourself but ensuring they dont arrive at the same time?

Otherwise if they do or perhaps it is irellavent your 2 x 10 stack will be treated as a greater than 10 stack and you can never defeat it?
      I dont think it makes a difference if they come at once or one after the other.
      The Swedish Piers Morgan
    • BladeFisher wrote:

That's why many veterans make stacks of more than 10 units. The other units serve as a meat shield, so that your 10 most powerful units dont take as much damage. Someone is using a god stack of 86 units rn.
      Stay Sweet!
    • BladeFisher wrote:

Subs v subs
      There is no benefit to overstacking when all units are of the same type. Unless of course you want the melee to take longer, for example you have ships bombarding into the melee or planes patrolling over and they don’t. Otherwise, you’d be better having stacks of ten of the same unit type in melee.

Overstacking is fine if you just want to spread the damage to extend the life of critical units.
    • I was thinking about this the other day. I think that the game has evolved and grown to the point where all province stacks should be limited to just 10 units. Call it logistical or supply level the province can maintain. Remember these units don't represent just 1 plane or 1 tank. They are large unit formations. I am always for more realism and to see a stack of 40 units seems incorrect gaming to me.
    • Bar None wrote:

I was thinking about this the other day. I think that the game has evolved and grown to the point where all province stacks should be limited to just 10 units. Call it logistical or supply level the province can maintain. Remember these units don't represent just 1 plane or 1 tank. They are large unit formations. I am always for more realism and to see a stack of 40 units seems incorrect gaming to me.
      If the game should implement it,only 10 units in a stack, it won't stop me from still sending 40 units - 4 stacks of 10 to your province.I will line them up one after the other.Lets say I calculate that your 10 stack might beat my 10 stack,after you beat me,you are left with 2 units for example,I want to have immediate reinforcements to take the province,I will send my second 10 unit stack against your 2 unit stack that might have low HP because of the battle.You might do the same, having a second 10 unit stack ready to reinforce your 2 units.Now if I know I won't be able to get online, that's the reason why I want to send enough units so that I won't have to go and send the stacks manually,one by one.
      Yes if you have higher level units than me, your 10 unit stack can beat my 20 units stack/2x10 unit stacks.
      I think the game is fair as it is.Doesnt matter if I send a 40 units stack,only the 10 best will perform.
    • Vanrendo wrote:

Bar None wrote:

I was thinking about this the other day. I think that the game has evolved and grown to the point where all province stacks should be limited to just 10 units. Call it logistical or supply level the province can maintain. Remember these units don't represent just 1 plane or 1 tank. They are large unit formations. I am always for more realism and to see a stack of 40 units seems incorrect gaming to me.
      If the game should implement it,only 10 units in a stack, it won't stop me from still sending 40 units - 4 stacks of 10 to your province.I will line them up one after the other.Lets say I calculate that your 10 stack might beat my 10 stack,after you beat me,you are left with 2 units for example,I want to have immediate reinforcements to take the province,I will send my second 10 unit stack against your 2 unit stack that might have low HP because of the battle.You might do the same, having a second 10 unit stack ready to reinforce your 2 units.Now if I know I won't be able to get online, that's the reason why I want to send enough units so that I won't have to go and send the stacks manually,one by one.Yes if you have higher level units than me, your 10 unit stack can beat my 20 units stack/2x10 unit stacks.
      I think the game is fair as it is.Doesnt matter if I send a 40 units stack,only the 10 best will perform.
      Yea I agree, keep the status quo. Otherwise it'll resemble the CON system, which is a nightmare in of itself...
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Taffyta Muttonfudge wrote:

BladeFisher wrote:

That's why many veterans make stacks of more than 10 units. The other units serve as a meat shield, so that your 10 most powerful units dont take as much damage. Someone is using a god stack of 86 units rn.
      In the RP I had a naval stack of 107 units that I never got to use.
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Talvisota wrote:

Taffyta Muttonfudge wrote:

BladeFisher wrote:

In the RP I had a naval stack of 107 units that I never got to use.
      Every situation is different but, generally anything over 20 is a waste. I had an enemy form a stack of about 130 units on me once. I set a personal best that day for most cities taken between day changes; 44. I just had my arty stacks converge on it, set my bombers on a few smaller stacks trying to join the herd, and sent ACs zipping over undefended territory. That was a fun game!

The post was edited 1 time, last by 6thDragon ().