light units are doomed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• light units are doomed

with the introduction of the flamethrower and the amphibious tanks, infantries became even more powerless against heavy and light armored units, because even though there were already mild heavy units like the cars that were specialized against infantry, they were made for defensive porpuses and the mechanized infantry had the issue of being very expensive, right now the anti-tank may be the best option against this two units but I think that for game valance reasons, a new type of light unit should be introduced specially designed to attack heavy and light tanks, like the reverse version of the anti-tank unit whose purpose is defense.
      Another possible solution would be to raise the values of anti-air units against tanks at higher levels, right now they can serve as an anti-tank unit(at later levels) with about 35% of the power of an anti-tank... if we make it around 40-50% of the anti-tanks power, we could also more or less valance the game

The post was edited 1 time, last by Improin ().

• Improin wrote:

with the introduction of the flamethrower and the amphibious tanks, infantries became even more powerless against heavy and light armored units, because even though there were already mild heavy units like the cars that were specialized against infantry, they were made for defensive porpuses and the mechanized infantry had the issue of being very expensive, right now the anti-tank may be the best option against this two units but I think that for game valance reasons, a new type of light unit should be introduced specially designed to attack heavy and light tanks, like the reverse version of the anti-tank unit whose purpose is defense.
      Another possible solution would be to raise the values of anti-air units against tanks at higher levels, right now they can serve as an anti-tank unit(at later levels) with about 35% of the power of an anti-tank... if we make it around 40-50% of the anti-tanks power, we could also more or less valance the game
      Yes infantry are powerless against flame tanks,look at WW2 footage,the advantage and damage it can deal is miraculous.I bet if flame and amphibious tanks were permanent produced units,no one would complain and use them to their advantage.Not every player has them and they won't last forever.Infantry overall are weak against heavy and some light armour, what can a man with a rifle do to an armoured/heavy tank,unless if the game would get Anti tank infantry units.And infantry are not that powerless against light armour.A few days ago I attacked a Pan asian lvl 1 light tank with two lvl 2 infantry, also Pan asian,and that light tank crumbled.Early in the game yes, I can understand the frustration of having only infantry and AC and then get attacked by flame and amphibious tanks but that won't happen every single time you play a map and if you want to fight tanks with infantry,go for it have fun.
      Why should a new extra LIGHT unit be created to fight a LIGHT+HEAVY tank? Light tanks are efficient against light armour and by the time heavy tanks appears on the battlefield, higher lvl anti tank and light tanks,medium tanks, heavy tanks,tank destroyers,artillery and attack bombers would be available to counter it.
      Anti Air is for defense against air attacks,the fact that it can be utilized against non air units is a bonus it does have some defense value against tanks but I don't see the need to have Anti tank,Tanks and Tank destroyers that can counter heavy armour and have AA to fight tanks? It's like asking to make artillery stronger to fight off air attacks.
      The aim is not to have too many units that can do the other units job.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Vanrendo ().

• Has everyone forgotten ABs exist? 99% of the players who use tanks don't know about AA, so you shud be fine, unless its on day one.
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7