WWI RP- Join now!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• WWI RP- Join now!

Applications for WW1 RP will begin on Feb. 20th(Next Tuesday)
      RWR will be hosting its 22nd Roleplay next week, and it will be a WW1 RP. Join us as Players suffer Trenchfoot and shellshock on the Western front, starvation and the cold in the East, heatstroke and dehydration in the sands of the Middle East, Malaria in the jungles of Africa, and as various warlords and the Great Powers move their chess pieces and pawn in the ticking timebomb that is China. The Roleplay is planned to span from 1914-1919, with 1 day = 2 months In Roleplay. With our last 3 Roleplays each lasting beyond 30 days, the hardworking (and quite frankly no life) staff of RWR will ensure that this round, like all previous rounds. will be worth your time and energy. Join the Rolling Waves Republic Today! discord.gg/Emt7wE4Q

Join up guys, I'm an unpaid intern for RWR and need the promotion lol
      "Its Voring time"
      Hermann Goering (TNO) -c. 1960
    • Just a word of warning:

We did a roleplay on the forum before (it was before my time and I wasn't in it), but from what I heard it was just boring: WW1 was a slow, sluggish war and iy doesnt make for a fun game.

Still, best of luck for the game :)
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Example? WW1 was a very interesting time. It represented the turn from the old world of “great battles” and conquest to the true modern times we find ourselves today. Depending on its outcome the world could have changed and not just between German, British and American hands… it’s an end and start point that can lead to any number of things… an Islamic caliphate? Russian hegemony? The rise of China? Great starting point for that stuff. Good RP choice.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • True, but the whole "Meat Grinder" aesthetic of the war doesn't make for an interesting game imo. Entire parts of the game have to be eradicated in the interests of realism too, for example any aerial units other than a lvl 1 interceptor is unrealistic, same for lvl 1 LTs, armoured cars I could give a pass for lvl 3. The entire secret category is eradicated, Mech inf presumably aren't allowed, along with anything with the "SP" prefix. Idk, just seems.... Not that fun.

• I agree that Bytro games (even supremacy) don’t really WW1 that well, but I could see how it would be fun. Imagine having to manage resources and armies on a national level, trying to find breakthroughs and win a war of attrition as fast as possible. You’d have to manage your resources so you don’t get outlasted but also would want to attack and win where possible to break the enemy and actually win the war. Not to mention needing to work and coordinate with allies and find new ones to join the war.

Game wise we just pretended that certain units represented other things, armored cars were the same but allowed to advance, I don’t think light tanks were allowed for a while (until French FT tanks) we allowed all planes (Zeppelins represented strategic bombers) and cars did exist at that time… I think mech infantry was just infantry riding in armored cars. RRG’s still existed, though most of that did not… still, you could work with it.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carking the 6th ().

• Carking the 6th wrote:

I agree that Bytro games (even supremacy) don’t really WW1 that well, but I could see how it would be fun. Imagine having to manage resources and armies on a national level, trying to find breakthroughs and win a war of attrition as fast as possible. You’d have to manage your resources so you don’t get outlasted but also would want to attack and win where possible to break the enemy and actually win the war. Not to mention needing to work and coordinate with allies and find new ones to join the war.

Game wise we just pretended that certain units represented other things, armored cars were the same but allowed to advance, I don’t think light tanks were allowed for a while (until French FT tanks) we allowed all planes (Zeppelins represented strategic bombers) and cars did exist at that time… I think mech infantry was just infantry riding in armored cars. RRG’s still existed, though most of that did not… still, you could work with it.
      Yep. that's exactly what we did. Mot infantry is cavarly, cruisers are light battleships, destroyers as torpedo boats, etc.
      "Its Voring time"
      Hermann Goering (TNO) -c. 1960
    • Cecil Rhodes. wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

I agree that Bytro games (even supremacy) don’t really WW1 that well, but I could see how it would be fun. Imagine having to manage resources and armies on a national level, trying to find breakthroughs and win a war of attrition as fast as possible. You’d have to manage your resources so you don’t get outlasted but also would want to attack and win where possible to break the enemy and actually win the war. Not to mention needing to work and coordinate with allies and find new ones to join the war.

Yep. that's exactly what we did. Mot infantry is cavarly, cruisers are light battleships, destroyers as torpedo boats, etc.
      Looks like you've got it figured out.