Best way to deal with 10 German heavy tank stack

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bar None wrote:

I have a stack of 10 German heavy tanks slowly bearing down on my front lines. I am in game 10 of the map. Best ways to deal with this stack? I have no heavy tanks.
      It might be too late, but what Claud said; ABs and artillery. And if this player has 10 HTs, chances are their econ sucks, so just defeat that stack and then just outproduce them (or just go around the HT stack and take their cities)
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Bar None wrote:

What about AT guns? Too weak?
      If you haven't researched high level AT,you should start but I personally would rather resort to TD-Tank Destroyers,lvl 3+.
      I once encountered a Germany player with two stacks that contained HT(I can't recall the exact count or levels), luckily I have already researched TD and had 6 of them standing idled, I built four more and split in two stacks and sent them to those stacks.That was my scenario,yours could be different,all I'm saying is,high level TD was my refuge against HT...
    • Reason I suggested neither AT nor TD was since they require melee combat, which is draining, especially against the HP of HTs. I wouldn't recommend either, but they still work
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • After my first surprise engagement with the 10 Tigers, I knocked them down from 900 HP to 600 HP. I have another AT and Arty trap set further up the line for the balance, but I just don't have the troops to absorb the HT damage. I am running some havoc behind them with light tanks and armored cars grabbing provinces behind them. But the end is inevitable, I fear.
    • Got the 10 Tigers down to 380 HP now. I am pinning him down with Infantry and AT guns and hitting him with Arty while he is stopped. Then run Arty away and bring in more troops at next province to pin him down again. Tigers are slow, especially in my territories. I will still lose the map but taking out a 10 Tiger stack is a small victory.
    • Bar None wrote:

Unfortunately, my only in game Ally is too far away to intervene.

Update. Have reduced the 10-stack down to 3 Tigers with 39 HP left. Cost me about 40 units of mostly AT guns and Infantry but was worth it. Map will be lost by tomorrow, but a pyrrhic victory for me.
      That's the spirit @Bar None you're a winner with that mindset,the rest will materialize as you progress.But as the guys advised, should you encounter a similar situation like this, Attack bombers and shell artillery is the best bet.Scenarios will differ from map to map.
    • 3:00 am The 17th Heavy Tank Division (ITALY) lost: 1 Heavy Tank
      3:30 am The 17th Heavy Tank Division (ITALY) lost: 1 Heavy Tank
      4:26 am The 17th Heavy Tank Division (ITALY) lost: 1 Heavy Tank
      4:30 am The 17th Heavy Tank Division (ITALY) lost: 1 Heavy Tank
      4:56 am The 17th Heavy Tank Division (ITALY) lost: 1 Heavy Tank
      5:00 am The 17th Heavy Tank Division (ITALY) lost: 1 Heavy Tank
      5:26 am The 17th Heavy Tank Division (ITALY) lost: 1 Heavy Tank
      5:30 am The 17th Heavy Tank Brigade (ITALY) lost: 1 Heavy Tank
      5:56 am The 17th Heavy Tank Brigade (ITALY) lost: 1 Heavy Tank
      6:00 am The 17th Heavy Tank Brigade (ITALY) lost: 1 Heavy Tank
      8:50 pm The 29th Heavy Tank Brigade (ITALY) lost: 2 Heavy Tank
      9:20 pm The 29th Heavy Tank Brigade (ITALY) lost: 1 Heavy Tank