Blitzkrieg playthrough; Ultimate Germany vs UK

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Blitzkrieg playthrough; Ultimate Germany vs UK

This game is currently half way through day 4. I will update this to day 4 and then continue.

DAY 1

I proposed an alliance with germany, however he refused it and formed an alliance with Italy. I made an counter alliance, USA joined me, followed by France(France joins after 6-7hours). I attacked Germany first, I strat bombed Hamburg, destroying its naval facilities. Colonge was also targeted. Belgium AI gave me RoW, so I utilized it and sent BEF to Belgium, I captured the German province of Aachen, and was on road to Colonge, however Germany launched a great counter-attack. I was at the risk of encirclement, so I pulled from Colonge to Liege(Belgium), it was followed by arty battle because of which I retreated further to Brussels. There was some good news however, the home fleet
      attacked German navy at Hamburg, entirety of German navy was sunk (7 ships) at the expense of 1 destroyer and 3 submarines. The Royal navy lead a naval blockade of Hamburg. On the other hand, a Franco-Italian war started. I had reached a deal with the USSR for invading Germany, Germany had pretty much ended up their Polish campaign by the end of day 1. I was also allied to Sweden.

DAY 2

The USSR launched an invasion against Germany, winning Warsaw and Cracow. Italy on this day declared war on me, this decision went extremely badly for Italy. Italy lost 75% of their fleets against the Royal navy in the Mediterranean. Italy roughly lost 15 ships, the Royal navy lost none, I launched an offensive into Italian Libya and battle of Tobruk started. Something worse happened on the western front. Germany launched an attack on France (France is super-inactive), the French stood no chance and were easily overran. Considering the complete destruction of my BEF, I ordered by units in Belgium to evacuate back to home isles. The RAF destroyed the entire Luftwaffe this day. German losses on the ground were none, but in the air were stunning. The worst of all was yet to come, Sweden betrayed me and joined Germany. I was furious. In late day-2, Sweden started to engage in naval battles, once again the Royal navy emerged victorious. Sweden would eventually suffer the loss of 10 ships by the end of the day. The eastern front is stagnant for now.

Have these pics for reference, Im making day 3 post in a few minutes.
      Images
      • pic3.jpg

239.2 kB, 1,540×923, viewed 90 times
      • pic4.jpg

320.8 kB, 1,657×860, viewed 60 times
      • pic5.jpg

328.18 kB, 1,658×867, viewed 53 times
      • pic6.jpg

204.28 kB, 1,656×868, viewed 56 times
      • pic7.jpg

345.95 kB, 1,662×860, viewed 39 times
      "We can be wrong, or we can know it, but we can't do both at the same time." ~ Heisenberg

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • DAY 3
      Libya fell this day. Naval battles between me and Sweden raged all across the ocean, 2 ships managed to hit Edinburgh, they were sunk and could only kill 1 arty. Spain had joined the fight on my side.
      Spain attacked Marsealliese, however Italian navy countered him and he had to fall back. He managed to initially overrun Germany, Germany fell back. Soviets launched an attack on Berlin, the Germans countered it well and unlike me, Soviets couldn't escape encirclement and lost some 15 units. German counteroffensive in the east went well, Warsaw fell to Germany but would be recaptured by soviets. I surprised the Axis powers by occupying Sicily and by landing in southern Italy. The biggest engagement of this day was yet to come, The Swedes had made me believe that they will launch a naval attack in region around Manchester (East to which most naval battles took place).
      The worst happened, I was completely tricked by Sweden and he landed some 5 units in northernmost British province of Thurso. 45 units followed them, there were capital ships heading towards London, and my main fleet was east of Manchester going to London. When this happened, I forced marched my navy towards north England. There were no capital ships protecting Swedish convoy ( a heavy gamble), most of the troops were 2hrs and 30mins from disembarking, I broke my fleet into 4groups, destroyers, Cruisers, Battleships and submarines, this provided me great mobility.(The complete stack was gonna take 1hr 10mins even after force marched). Fastest vessels reached the provinces of Thurso and Edinburg under 40 mins, what followed was absolute mad bloodbath.
      Sweden would eventually lose a total of 50 units, he would manage to take Norwich, but would lose 10units for it as well. I liberated all of my provinces occupied by him in 10 hours. During all this, I did a hit and run operation on Hamburg ( So germany couldn't help). Germany attacked Barcelona and yet again the eastern front became stagnant.

DAY 4 ( Half till now)
      The day started with Sweden swearing in diplomacy. Germany was in complete shock. I strat bombed Swedish city of Gothenburg, the soviet red navy attacked Gothenburg and Stockholm through their ships. Soviet losses in east increase however they hold the front. I launched an all out attack on Italy, my special forces took Naples and defeated the German army in a tank battle. After this Rome fell to me. Germans occupy Barcelona, but the question is for how long? My navy has reached the outskirts of the Baltic sea and is closing on Oslo, I am going to naval invade Sweden, I only have 10 units for this purpose, you might say this is too less, but remember Sweden lost 50 land units, he only has 3% of mightiest armies, Sweden holds Norway right now, I need not occupy whole Sweden as of now, my main target is to occupy his cores, which are all connected to sea, hence I can use my stack of 20 ships for attack purpose. Another Swedish battleship was sunk in front of London, Germany did a rocket attack on London out of complete anger. I am planning to launch an air raid on German bases in occupied France. Will update day 4 after some 12 hours.

And yeah, the strongest army in the world right now. 105 units killed while 11 lost.
      Here are the pics:
      Images
      • Screenshot (907).jpg

53.49 kB, 1,217×360, viewed 27 times
      • pic1.jpg

95.13 kB, 653×574, viewed 24 times
      • pic2.jpg

4.84 kB, 346×75, viewed 21 times
      • Screenshot (902).jpg

140.84 kB, 1,663×552, viewed 21 times
      • Screenshot (903).jpg

238.98 kB, 1,661×724, viewed 18 times
      • Screenshot (904).jpg

271.39 kB, 1,675×773, viewed 21 times
      • Screenshot (905).jpg

152.08 kB, 1,117×585, viewed 18 times
      • Screenshot (906).jpg

179.76 kB, 1,104×792, viewed 21 times
      "We can be wrong, or we can know it, but we can't do both at the same time." ~ Heisenberg

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • DAY 4( The other half)
      The big news of rest of day 4 is that Germany betrayed their incompetent allies. Germany will now fight alone! I could sense a German offensive in Italy, and it has sort of started, Germany attacked Italy and captured north Italy and some of Italy's yugoslavia. I advanced north into Italy and border German troops, they are going to launch a massive attack, I have started naval bombardment on them. Barcelona was recaptured by Spain, I have told him and the USSR to launch counter-offensive into Germany. USSR reported that Germany has manpower shortages on his front and so he will launch an attack. He is on route to berlin. The manpower shortage for Germany is explainable, they got their forces from the East to Italy. Warsaw was captured by Germany but soviets shelled it and will capture it soon. I landed in Oslo, sinking the only battleship defending it. I have distributed my army into two parts, one is aiming for Malmo while other for Stockholm, Stockholm was badly shelled by Red navy, I am shelling Malmo. Swedish campaign would be easy, but I have to hurry up, since Germany has declared war on Sweden! I bombed Hamburg once again to neutralize German capabilities of fielding a navy. German troops in Italy are mostly arty divisons and a heavy tank division, I am pulling back to Rome, for attacking Germany will need to come through provinces bordering rome, all of which can be bombed from the sea.
      Here are the pics.
      Images
      • pic4.jpg

96.64 kB, 700×391, viewed 27 times
      • Screenshot (908).jpg

306.04 kB, 1,661×811, viewed 18 times
      • Screenshot (909).jpg

290.97 kB, 1,661×790, viewed 20 times
      • Screenshot (910).jpg

106.31 kB, 975×495, viewed 19 times

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • DAY 5
      A big day! I did D-day landings in North France and Belgium, Brussels fell. However, this was far from the biggest happening on this day. BERLIN FELL TO THE RED ARMY. Germany couldn't quite bring in their heavy armor in time to fight soviet heavy armor, soviet heavy tanks easily defeated the light armor and medium armor protecting it. I have also landed all my Swedish expeditionary force in Rostock (north Berlin), which is occupied by USSR. The Germans seem to launch a counter attack on Berlin, this is why my forces will go towards Hamburg, forcing Germany to spread forces even more. My plan is to link up Swedish and France fronts in Hamburg and move south wards to join forces with my Italian front. Germany is far from defeated, even though they have suffered the loss of 95 units (30 on day 5 itself). I predict them to have 50-60 units at this point. Swedish campaign went with ease, all of Swedish cities fell and every strategic victory has been achieved in Sweden. Coming south, Germany lost the battle of Genoa to me, suffering the loss of arty and heavy tanks( approx 10 units lost).The advance in Italy has been slow on day 5 thanks to German activities in the region. Spain took Masreallies from Germany.[/i] Spain has also inflicted big losses on Germany (Germany lost approx 10units). On the home front, I am now the biggest economy and highest individual VPs holder (200). This was day 5, hope I will return with big news on day 6.
      Images
      • Screenshot (911).jpg

194.1 kB, 1,574×549, viewed 22 times
      • Screenshot (914).jpg

237.72 kB, 1,639×559, viewed 26 times
      • Screenshot (915).jpg

247.25 kB, 1,516×718, viewed 21 times
      • Screenshot (916).jpg

53.42 kB, 1,227×350, viewed 19 times
      • Screenshot (917).jpg

297.76 kB, 1,665×787, viewed 22 times

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD

The post was edited 1 time, last by Joe Bartolozzi ().

• Now I realize that the navy, with whom I stood and fought since hour 1 is pretty much useless, the fight is going away from the coasts....

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

It will be useful later for America….
      We might just get enough points from Europe, we have 370/560 points, Germany hold 150VPs, add that and that 520 alr+ bots will do it for us. I would love invading US anyways..

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • DAY 6
      Victory against Germany! Germany has collapsed, the reich will die under 24 hours! Hamburg, Essen,Colonge have all been captured by me, I bypassed German troops waiting for me on France border through Netherlands( The bot gave me RoW), that is how I came from the North towards south. I now need to clear German defenses at French border, I will link up my troops with the Italian Front and finish the final defenders, cities of Turin, Milan also fell. Berlin was recaptured by German heavy armor killing 10 Soviet divisions, but I defeated it, red army will once again take Berlin. Spain wrecked absolute havoc over Germany, 4 out of 5 French cities have been liberated by Spain. Germany have lost all of their core cities, USSR took Munich. Berlin is moments away from Capture, I am advancing towards Luxembourg, one of the last 4 cities under Germany. There is some insane border gore in Yugoslavia. The pocket near Berlin have no troops in it.
      USA, Italy and Sweden all went inactive today. I have 250 VPs.
      Tomorrow might be the last post of this playthrough, thanks for reading this playthrough.
      Images
      • Screenshot (920).jpg

334.07 kB, 1,675×777, viewed 17 times
      • Screenshot (921).jpg

294.76 kB, 1,661×799, viewed 15 times
      • Screenshot (922).jpg

8.99 kB, 616×143, viewed 30 times

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD