How is the "economy" calculated?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• OysterT wrote:

I would assume it adds the production of each center to the resources available? This would allow for the use of purchased Gold, of course
      Not exactly sure, but I assume its based on how much money/hr + however many rss/hr you make. Either that or it's just calculated by however much is in reserve at that moment.
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • What do you mean by economy in this case? Resource gain is actually constant and not by the hour, iirc everything other than spies is even factored into total /hr production calculations there as a constant. If you mean the newspaper, all daily resource income other than manpower is added together. Consumption not counted.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

What do you mean by economy in this case? Resource gain is actually constant and not by the hour, iirc everything other than spies is even factored into total /hr production calculations there as a constant. If you mean the newspaper, all daily resource income other than manpower is added together. Consumption not counted.
      Manpower is included and cash is excluded!
      Have a blessed day <3
    • SamPGS_17 wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

What do you mean by economy in this case? Resource gain is actually constant and not by the hour, iirc everything other than spies is even factored into total /hr production calculations there as a constant. If you mean the newspaper, all daily resource income other than manpower is added together. Consumption not counted.
      Manpower as well?
      "We can be wrong, or we can know it, but we can't do both at the same time." ~ Heisenberg

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

SamPGS_17 wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Manpower as well?
      Yep, it’s daily production of all resources including manpower excluding cash. That’s why countries in HWW like the USSR, USA, China, and Brazil start with such high production rates in the newspaper - it’s skewed by their manpower.
      Have a blessed day <3
    • Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

SamPGS_17 wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Manpower as well?
      makes sense!
      Hier könnt Ihr ein Support-Ticket erstellen. :00000450:
    • What a confusing set of answers...includes manpower, excludes manpower, excludes money (what?), rate of production is analog, not digital??? When the number is put in the paper it is done with a formula. What is it?

Example: I'm in a 22 player Eropean conflict game and I have all my home centers at 3 or 4. My ally has no industry at all. My cities are procing at leat 50% more than his are. We both have the same number of VPS. Yet his "economy" in the paper is almost equat to mine. Why? Can I assume it is because he has bought more gold than I?
      OysterT
    • OysterT wrote:

What a confusing set of answers...includes manpower, excludes manpower, excludes money (what?), rate of production is analog, not digital??? When the number is put in the paper it is done with a formula. What is it?

Example: I'm in a 22 player Eropean conflict game and I have all my home centers at 3 or 4. My ally has no industry at all. My cities are procing at leat 50% more than his are. We both have the same number of VPS. Yet his "economy" in the paper is almost equat to mine. Why? Can I assume it is because he has bought more gold than I?
      I will sum it up for you.
      Economy is the summation of your daily production or resources which includes manpower and excludes Money. Simple addition. It doesn't depend on how much gold one has.
      "We can be wrong, or we can know it, but we can't do both at the same time." ~ Heisenberg

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • OysterT wrote:

What a confusing set of answers...includes manpower, excludes manpower, excludes money (what?), rate of production is analog, not digital??? When the number is put in the paper it is done with a formula. What is it?

Nothing to do with gold - it’s very possible it’s the first game your ally has played on their account. The first game played on an account increases production of home province resources by 50% I believe, it certainly is larger than older accounts, meaning that increased daily production is worth far more in the newspaper.

It has nothing to do with gold, or money, or resources in hand. It is simply the sum of daily production of food, goods, metal, oil, rare materials, and manpower.

For example, if I produce (per day) 8k food, 7k goods, 9k steel, 8k oil, and 10k rare materials, the newspaper will reflect that as my economy being worth ‘42,000’.
      Have a blessed day <3
    • I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time with the idea that the "economy" excludes "Money". Can we agree that that is very odd? Why would that be, since money can instantly become any resourcde through the stock exchange?

And, it doesn't begin to explain why my ally, who is producing everything at about 2/3 of what I am producing has a similar "economy".
      OysterT
    • Here are my ally"s productions in his home cities: Approximately 6,000f each. MIne are all at approximately 10,000 each. My economy was reported as 73,000. His as 70,000. We both have five home centers and we have about the same number of conquered centers.

I get the spearation of "Rich" from "Economy". Thanks for that.
      OysterT
    • OysterT wrote:

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time with the idea that the "economy" excludes "Money". Can we agree that that is very odd? Why would that be, since money can instantly become any resourcde through the stock exchange?

And, it doesn't begin to explain why my ally, who is producing everything at about 2/3 of what I am producing has a similar "economy".
      I’d appreciate screenshots of that, but I can promise you it excludes money. Just count up all your daily resource production, including manpower, and correlate that to the next or last economy reports - it’ll match up. I don’t know why it was made that way, but if you’ll check you’ll see it’s accurate.

As for your ally, if they’re producing 2/3 of what you are, either you’ve increased your production drastically since the last economy report, or you’re missing something.
      Have a blessed day <3
    • OysterT wrote:

Here are my ally"s productions in his home cities: Approximately 6,000f each. MIne are all at approximately 10,000 each. My economy was reported as 73,000. His as 70,000. We both have five home centers and we have about the same number of conquered centers.

I get the spearation of "Rich" from "Economy". Thanks for that.
      That’s interesting - what day are you on at the moment, and what day was the economy reported on?
      Have a blessed day <3
    • Thanks for sticking with me on this. I could get a screen shot of the newspaper, but to get his production level at the time... it was two days ago. Even today there is a drastic difference, but I have to go to each of his cities individually to get it as a series of screen shots. And, not sure how to do a screen shot on here. Let me try.
      OysterT
    • For example, here I have the screenshots of my current game. I am Germany. As you can see, all my daily production of resources added up is about 151,000, which is about 7k above the economy reports I got at day change. This is a reasonable change as it’s been about 6 hours since the economy was reported, and the province morale has updated, plus I’ve conquered some provinces which will increase my production by a bit.

Have a blessed day <3