USA HWW Solo

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• USA HWW Solo

I'm attempting a solo as the USA, what do you think I should do?

Most people are not active I believe, with only one coalition formed between UK and Germany, who have 350 and 310 VP's respectively. I'm mostly done with Canada, and I have 340 vp's. It's day 4.

Should I go for a strong navy, or focus on an airforce?
    • Nah, both, or navy. An airforce is usless, your land will easily take all of America anyway. The only time where it would be useful is if you had a navy ready to take over the Old world, and carriers to support it. Using their industry to strike Europe with no warning and invade will be important.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Use (partially) naval bombers on those carriers to secure control of the seas
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I love using a mix of strategic bombers and strong fleets as USA. Generally people tend to be scared of invading because, well, you’re the USA! But just in case of that I tend to keep a 10-stack in San Francisco and a 10-stack in Washington DC, just to quickly respond to invasions. I’ll also have naval bombers ready on each coastline for potential invasions.

Beyond that, spam strategic bombers, artillery & AA stacks, and powerful naval fleets to counter Canada & Mexico at first, before moving onto the small Central American AIs, then conquering South American coastlines by bombarding them with battleships. Anything your battleships can’t reach, just send a 10-stack of strategic bombers to take out inland cities & their buildings, morale, and income. Then roll in with the artillery polishing off any units that are left!
      Have a blessed day <3
    • SamPGS_17 wrote:

I love using a mix of strategic bombers and strong fleets as USA. Generally people tend to be scared of invading because, well, you’re the USA! But just in case of that I tend to keep a 10-stack in San Francisco and a 10-stack in Washington DC, just to quickly respond to invasions. I’ll also have naval bombers ready on each coastline for potential invasions.

Beyond that, spam strategic bombers, artillery & AA stacks, and powerful naval fleets to counter Canada & Mexico at first, before moving onto the small Central American AIs, then conquering South American coastlines by bombarding them with battleships. Anything your battleships can’t reach, just send a 10-stack of strategic bombers to take out inland cities & their buildings, morale, and income. Then roll in with the artillery polishing off any units that are left!
      Story time, in a certain solo run as Germany I ended up facing an enemy in Brazil and the US. I built my fleet and managed to separately humiliate Brazil, destroying enough to force him to give up (although if he just remained committed I probably would have lost). He ended up giving me info and staying away for the rest of the game. America was annoying though, with a larger fleet and strategic bombers that leveled multiple cities of mine. What saved me was nuking his largest stack while they were refueling. Some ship bombardment of air bases he used managed to keep them from destroying too much more. His fleet would eventually face my entire fleet and airforce in a massive battle which I managed to win. Eventually I got accused of using gold, and things got dirty. I think he actually healed his units first, but at the very end of the game he ended up managing to catch my whole Air Force, which I golded to save. Got very dirty. Unfortunately for both of us, it wouldn’t have mattered either way as I had invaded Mongolia (controlled all of Asia and weak) and won anyway.

• Carking the 6th wrote:

SamPGS_17 wrote:

I love using a mix of strategic bombers and strong fleets as USA. Generally people tend to be scared of invading because, well, you’re the USA! But just in case of that I tend to keep a 10-stack in San Francisco and a 10-stack in Washington DC, just to quickly respond to invasions. I’ll also have naval bombers ready on each coastline for potential invasions.

Story time, in a certain solo run as Germany I ended up facing an enemy in Brazil and the US. I built my fleet and managed to separately humiliate Brazil, destroying enough to force him to give up (although if he just remained committed I probably would have lost). He ended up giving me info and staying away for the rest of the game. America was annoying though, with a larger fleet and strategic bombers that leveled multiple cities of mine. What saved me was nuking his largest stack while they were refueling. Some ship bombardment of air bases he used managed to keep them from destroying too much more. His fleet would eventually face my entire fleet and airforce in a massive battle which I managed to win. Eventually I got accused of using gold, and things got dirty. I think he actually healed his units first, but at the very end of the game he ended up managing to catch my whole Air Force, which I golded to save. Got very dirty. Unfortunately for both of us, it wouldn’t have mattered either way as I had invaded Mongolia (controlled all of Asia and weak) and won anyway.
      Interesting. that’s why you should always patrol using strategic bombers - it’ll sometimes take hours for them to move back often many hundreds of miles then go back, by that time the enemy could’ve moved far.
      Have a blessed day <3
    • If Brazil also didn’t give up and remained committed they stood a chance. I’m not sure if Strats would have saved them from my planes forever, or if I could gave held them long enough to take Mongolia, but if they worked together they had a chance.